IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Love Streams

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

nah harmony is his best imo then radio amor. everything after has been overblown boring melodrama. although the album with Aidan baker is good.

totally correct. harmony is an astonishing good album, radio feels like he’s working up to that level and getting close. then he just lost the touch imo. I can’t even believe how bloated his records sound now, just these grandiose failures in my mind.

Yeah Amor & UV remain my faves too and have held up well.  In terms of bloated grandiosity I'd say his recent output is at 0.4 OPNs and rising.

Oh and thanks for the thread necro dudes, gonna pour myself jack 'n coke and kick back with that fan-fiction epic this evening :sini:

'Overblown melodrama' is the perfect descriptive for why I turned ravedeath off halfway through with a sour face and never went back to it.

Truly the worst Tim Hecker album to start with.

ravedeath really brings to mind a frail drone nerd wiping tears and snot on his sunn o))) shirt while he says things like “there’s so much beauty in the noise.”

Ravedeath is

like meeting someone in a pub and 10 minutes later he's telling you about his divorce and subsequent nervous breakdown while you try to find a polite way to escape.

Archived