IGNORED

Bluetooth Headphones

o00o

• 1 year later...

Disinterring this thread cuz I want some recommendations too. Wanna spend <$200 on some on-ear headphones that I can use for commute and work (i.e. Not necessarily for production-- in a dedicated mdr 7506 guy for production)

• 2 years later...

same here, i've been using Sony MDR-7506 for more than 10 years now and I think they´re excellent, can't complaint... Now I'm looking for the same sound quality but with the Bluetooth option...

Any recommendations? I don't wanna spend more than 150 bucks...

Edited by Tim_J

24 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

same here, i've been using Sony MDR-7506 for more than 10 years now and I think they´re excellent, can't complaint... Now I'm looking for the same sound quality but with the Bluetooth option...

Any recommendations? I don't wanna spend more than 150 bucks...

I have these guys and they are fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Architecture-Performance-Personalized/dp/B00E8BDS60

Easily as good as the Air Pods Pro and 100 bucks less.

Now, if you're talking HEADphones (as in over the ear), well, then I can't help you there as I like buds more than over the ear headphones.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:35 PM, Tim_J said:

being Bluetooth doesn't change audio quality if i'm not mistaken...

Yes it does, it's capped at 320kbs and squeezed through chunks that tend to drop further as there's a redundant stage of compression. Though it shouldn't matter in the commute or at the gym. There are variants like aptx that are supposed to perform better. 

8 hours ago, chim said:

Yes it does, it's capped at 320kbs and squeezed through chunks that tend to drop further as there's a redundant stage of compression. Though it shouldn't matter in the commute or at the gym. There are variants like aptx that are supposed to perform better. 

but my mp3 are at 192kbps, i dont listen to  wav or flac... can't tell the diference... 

• 5 weeks later...

So i bought this ones:

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-eu/run-xt.html

Cool thing about them is that there's a dedicated app in which you can tweak its equalizer and save the preset on the firmware... Hope they stand up to the reviews i read on the interweb... Oh and they were on sale for 80 bucks which is half the price they usually are... 

runxt-gray-gallery-1.jpg

7KeH0siWZDA3MAPVBO5Jhb1sAvmESmxVMB3OmIkb

Edited by Tim_J

On 1/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, chim said:

There are variants like aptx that are supposed to perform better. 

how do i know if the product uses aptX???

aptX

The aptX audio codec is used for consumer and automotive wireless audio applications, notably the real-time streaming of lossy stereo audio over the Bluetooth A2DP connection/pairing between a "source" device (such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop) and a "sink" accessory (e.g. a Bluetooth stereo speaker, headset or headphones). The technology must be incorporated in both transmitter and receiver to derive the sonic benefits of aptX audio coding over the default sub-band coding (SBC) mandated by the Bluetooth standard. Products bearing the CSR aptX logo are certified for interoperability with each other.[21]

the bluetooth profiles of the ones i bought are Handsfree , Headset , A2DP , AVCRP , SPP

is this a proof that mine use aptX? i guess not cause there's no CSR aptX logo...

well, at least my sony xperia xa1 supports aptX:
Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, aptX, LE but i guess the jaybirds don't...

Edited by Tim_J

I got these for 15 euro:

61c1uK-22YL._SX466_.jpg

And they sound very good for that price tag. A bit Lo-Fi but in a very pleasant way. Really warm basses and mids and smooth highs. Love those headphones, they're so beautifully crappy

Edited by darreichungsform
MPOW FLAME is the name of this pair of headphones. Chinese product. Cheap cheap, buy now

On 3/2/2020 at 11:12 AM, lucivalc said:

Sony WI-C300 Wireless In-Ear Headphones, Black (WIC300/B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079GXN788/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y8sxEbHQYS66S
I like these because of the USB-C charging and the long battery life

Do you guys prefer Aptx over LDAC? I read that LDAC is higher quality.

you've had them for how long?

you've had them for how long?
Had them since last April or May. I usually just keep them around my neck and take calls with them and listen to music or watch videos. there's a light in-ear monitor when youre taking a call, never had a pair do that, its subtle, but it's actually helpful because it makes you more aware if you're rustling your signal with wind or crumpling your jacket without whoeveer youre talking to having to point it out. They were only $30. Before this pair I went through countless aptx mpows off of Amazon, which I liked but they would always break due to light water damage, like from sweat. These are better IMO. They can get loud, full volume is almost too much. Once again having a phone thats USB c, its nice to have the same charger for the headphones.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lucivalc said:

they're actually this pair, the wi-c200s, thought they were the wi-c300, but theyre not. Sony Wi-C200 Wireless in-Ear Headphones, Black (WIC200/B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07THLNKH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WJczEbW9JVRK1

thanks, i'm looking into these which are basically an update of the same model, was wondering if they're confortable and if they hold well in your ears when jogging... obviously that depends on each one's ears but they come with 3 different hybrid earbuds sizes right?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q7SX29X/ref=psdc_172541_t1_B079GXN788?th=1

Audeze Mobius sound fucking amazing, but I'm on my 2nd pair and it's getting the same problem with the band cracking. Their customer support was great last time around, though.
EDIT: And they're a bit north of $200.

Edited by sweepstakes
reading comprehension failure

thanks, i'm looking into these which are basically an update of the same model, was wondering if they're confortable and if they hold well in your ears when jogging... obviously that depends on each one's ears but they come with 3 different hybrid earbuds sizes right?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q7SX29X/ref=psdc_172541_t1_B079GXN788?th=1
I feel like the wi-c200s and the wi-c310s are basically the same, 15 hour battery life, usbc, same price, same desig, etc. I just use the ear buds it came with and they dont fall out and they're comfortable. I do have some foam ones from comply but I keep them on my OneMore triple driver wired earphones.
  • Thanks 1