IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Subliminal Sandwich

dr lopez

was listening to THE FRAGILE earlier and loving it. it's also LONG ( borrowing mates 3 x LP version ) and also (like sub sandwich imo) it's REALLY GOOD.

worst thing is still the lyrics. the album may as well be instrumental and ask the listener to sing their own lyrics because you can literally just make them up with half the songs. " WHY ... MUST I FEEL THE PAIN ???? WHAT DOES IT HAVE To ... *shatner pause for effect* ... GAIN ?" ect. ec. etc.

maybe the nin is fueling the hate. u big FCKERs.

dude its the 90s

Guest bitroast

i sincerely hope noone is not listening to the album because i am saying it's long because a. noone should listen to be on the forum and b. the album is good

love the album, that album was probably one of my earliest experiences to electronic music as a kid

oh man this video

[youtubehd]jsF5nmwAp3s[/youtubehd]

Edited by orangebattery

^The original by World Domination Enterprise is better

TY for ur interest Dlo, I've just got up. It is 5:22am. Coffee is on the hob and I'm listening to The Hafler Trio's The Sea Org. 7am start at work this morning, ugh.

I have never heard Subliminal Sandwich and I actually do hate MBM's name, it's terrible. But it is a very 90's name, I'll give them that. I do intend to listen to the album though, maybe even this week.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.... i mean this shit is insane,

these fuckers will never stop talking about "the caretaker", "christ." or fucking "beatwife" for godsakes and yet,..... for some reason.... meat beat manifesto is deemed too 90s... in an age when 90s shit is so fuckin in, the sound, the look. fuck. ditch the vaporwave and listen to some actual 90s shit. MBM is the real deal. it's insane to me how *underrated* they are in that many many people on WATMM have NO FUCKING CLUE who they are. just listen to less on autoimmune and you will know that mbm understand everything. or.... stereophrenic. stereophrenic has as more "analog fuckery" than more "tracks" written "p0st-tuss". it's from 96. ok????

come on watmm.. get a fucking grip. this album is 20yrs old this yr. it's time you actually listen to it.

I like drunk dr. better when he's terrible dancing. This earnest hipster transition to the latest decade of remeberence du jour from 80s to 90s, lorl.

personally and perennially for me it's all about the 1890s, nocturnes up in tha hissy boiy. The art, the fashion, what a time to remember whilst half cut on a message board.

Also, it's a music thread, but I'm off to sleep now so I'll leave it here until one of my fellows cleans it up. One has antagonised young lopez enough, one thinks, without moving his thread on top of it.

Guest bitroast

opn for blade runner 2.

i haven't seen the bear vs leo movie actually so maybe i should watch that first and rethink the whole alvo noto thing.

Guest bitroast

who ?

just kidding. that'd be sweet too.

tbh. the whole thought of there even being a blade runner 2 is kind of scary so i'd rather just not think about these things ..

I don't want Vangelis back. his score for the original is great but the new one ought to be contemporary, there's no reason to do this movie throwback style. especially not if it's got a new director, cinematographer and lead actor.

I like drunk dr. better when he's terrible dancing. This earnest hipster transition to the latest decade of remeberence du jour from 80s to 90s, lorl.

personally and perennially for me it's all about the 1890s, nocturnes up in tha hissy boiy. The art, the fashion, what a time to remember whilst half cut on a message board.

I wasn't drunk when I was dancing in that video

I think we've hashed this out in another MBM thread (probably kasm02, which btw fucking delivered the fucking goods last year you millennial tossers), but I was an unfortunate latecomer to mr. dangers, partly turned off by being first directed to their early industrial stuff which in all fairness isn't bad but definitely hasn't aged as well. But oh man, everything else ingested so far (actual sounds and voices, ruok in dub, Tino) has been mint. Dude is a true scientist of sound!

So yeah like Uggibear I've (gasp) yet to listen to Subliminal Sandwich, as a delayed gratification pervert saving it for a rainy day present to myself with tag attached reading "dis gunna be gud"

who ?

just kidding. that'd be sweet too.

tbh. the whole thought of there even being a blade runner 2 is kind of scary so i'd rather just not think about these things ..

I've got a spoiler from the script for the second film.

han solo dies

Also, vangellis first, ask questions later. Be fun to guess at the variance in the quality drop between the score and the film, who will have sunk further.