IGNORED

Martin Shkreli vs. Ghostface Killah

Npoess

I had an exchange with him on twitter once. He just seems like a jaded loser to me. Like the guy who is really mean to the girl he likes, because that's the only way to get her attention.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't actually say those things to Ghost. He did get his name for a reason.

IIRC this is actually quite true. or at least he was a suspect for a murder for a while and had to wear a mask for the liner notes / pix for 36 chambers and his name isn't mentioned

Yes, this is true. That's why he wears a mask in the first few videos they did. Also, Masta Killa and U-God were both in jail when the first album was released. Ghost could have been the third (fourth if you count Cappadonna, who was originally supposed to be in the Clan but was locked up as well).

The way I feel about this Ghostface vs. Shkreli thing is..... well... He hired those guys to appear in that video with him, but he really could hire some real hitmen to kill Ghost. He seems dumb/sociopathic enough to do such a thing... But at the same time, Ghost could get just about anyone he knows to get Shkreli for next to nothing. Promise a spot on his next album or something. I keep expecting to see a headline stating that Martin has come up missing. We'll know why if that happens. The truth of the matter is that Ghostface knows thugs and is probably quite serious when he says he'll send shooters, but Shkreli most likely knows Mafia, which is worse than just any old street goons. .

The tinder date thing was cute. Almost seemed like he liked her and showed some vulnerabilities. Made me reconnect with my inner sociopath.

And seeing the vice interview, i expect him to upload the album online in the future. Free for the rest of us. Like the Robin Hollywood he thinks he is.

The tinder date thing was cute. Almost seemed like he liked her and showed some vulnerabilities. Made me reconnect with my inner sociopath.

So he was feigning vulnerability to dupe her into trusting him, right?

I actually think he was honest. Also in that vice interview. But I'm just a naive sucker and fall quickly for that shit. Perhaps he's just a weird guy with too much money and a warped moral compass. The Micheal Jackson of hedgefunds.

Shkreli's video reminds me of this:

He's a bit creepy, has that aura about him. For all of his mishaps, being in that part of the industry he's privy to the corruption that goes on behind everyone's backs. I'm almost more interested in his insight in this sort of thing rather than him posting cringey videos online.

indeed, i can only wish to be widely hated by millions, defrauding investors and in need of hairplugs at 32. but such is life. i admit i deeply envy listening to an exclusive wutang album in my ikea filled high-rise, tasteless, rich and pasty

:cry:

I actually think he was honest. Also in that vice interview.

i actually don't see anything wrong with what he's doing (besides the ghostface taunt though- although at the same time, it is only fitting to release a reply when someone calls you out in the hiphop world)

i think wu-tang kinda fucked up by pricing an album that only an asshole could afford. so in essence, they had it coming.

you're just jealous of his success.

I knew this would come out eventually, but success comes with a price. Even the success of those friends with cool projects, sweet girlfriends, and who seemingly have "made it" in life. I feel like I've already taken a bullet for whatever I've gotten so far, but at least I'm not facing years in prison along with the scorn of millions. That level of recklessness and sociopathy just aren't in my ingredients, I can only face any consequences with what ingredients I do have. In other words, I wouldn't call it jealousy, it's just the price you pay for the games you play.

Archived