IGNORED

New(?) ae remix in Tron Run/r game

misc

Resorted to the autechre reddit page during the watmm outage, only to be greeted with this:

Gave it a google and sure enough it's not a remix from arty car but in fact ae, among other idm favourites:

"Tron Run/r will feature music from Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne, along with remixes from Autechre, Bibio, Darkstar, Joywave, patten, and Plaid."

From: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/27/tron-runr-confirmed-for-consoles-release-date-announced

Dunno if it's new or what. Anyone on steam willing to check it out?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Autechre on a Disney game

I'm still processing that

Yeah it's pretty weird. The game looks kinda boring as well, not something i'd have guessed autechre to contribute to but who knows, it might just be an old remix.

Well last time I was excited about music coming for a Tron project it was kind of a massive disappointement.

Really curious to hear what a Moroder track remixed by Autechre sounds like anyway !

Autechre on a Disney game

I'm still processing that

Yeah it's pretty weird. The game looks kinda boring as well, not something i'd have guessed autechre to contribute to but who knows, it might just be an old remix.

I'll bet you (my/your) $10/$2 that it's new.

Probably the most expensive track I'll ever buy

I'll bet you (my/your) $10/$2 that it will be released outside the game in some form.

There was a pretty cool 1998 game Hardwar with a Warp records soundtrack and Designers Republic art.

This was the soundtrack:

Of course original music is much more exciting! There was also some kind of hush hush talk about Autechre being involved with Metroid Prime right?

There was also some kind of hush hush talk about Autechre being involved with Metroid Prime right?

For some reason I remember it being Bola - Possibly just 'cos some of the tracks sounded Bola-esque

There was a pretty cool 1998 game Hardwar with a Warp records soundtrack and Designers Republic art.

This was the soundtrack:

Of course original music is much more exciting! There was also some kind of hush hush talk about Autechre being involved with Metroid Prime right?

While we're at it, there was a recent GTA clone open-world game named Sleeping Dogs with Hong Kong action cinema inspired fighting mechanics and environment. They also had Warp radio station in-game (as well as Ninja Tune). Featured mostly current tracks and also Second Scepe.

Looks like Warp has some serious Autechre licensing experts, waiting for the third Second Scepe coming in 2030.

Here's the list

http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Soundtrack

This was the soundtrack:

While we're at it, there was a recent GTA clone open-world game named Sleeping Dogs with Hong Kong action cinema inspired fighting mechanics and environment. They also had Warp radio station in-game (as well as Ninja Tune). Featured mostly current tracks and also Second Scepe.

Looks like Warp has some serious Autechre licensing experts, waiting for the third Second Scepe coming in 2030.

Here's the list

http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Soundtrack

That's pretty rad. I should play Sleeping Dogs at some stage... it's been sitting in my Steam backlog for years hehe

Archived