IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

mbe, jsut mbe, sum of the ufo's r actually secret 'black' projects of military industrial complex ?

could explain where the missing trillions of treasury $$$'s disappeared 2,

plus vouch 4 many a sighting.

yes - it accounts for a lot of sightings in the era of Project Blue Book. U-2s and A-12s/SR-71s were seen often by airliners and private planes. God knows what else was built and flown and never declassified since. I'm fairly certain the Aurora existed and flew in the 80s through 90s.

KIC 8462852 (Tabby's star) what is it? 

'The SETI Institute is following up on the possibility that the stellar system KIC 8462852 might be home to an advanced civilization....'

http://www.seti.org/seti-institute/mysterious-star-kic-8462852

http://earthsky.org/space/news-about-mystery-star-kic-8462852

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_8462852

Holy fucking shit. Fuck the election I'm going to glue myself to this news.

• 2 weeks later...

A earth-like planet found orbiting the red dward Proxima Centauri in the habitable zone 4 light-years away, our closest neighbour star. Temp on the planet allows the possibility of liquid water. Apparently rather big news.

http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1629/

theres a restored version of The Man Who Fell to Earth showing around London

thats a classic for the big screen, the fkd editing & Bowie's occult goings on off set, all the tv screens, cracked psychic genius

the Disinfo Guide to Magic has a good chapter on Lovecraft and the attraction of the cult of Cthulhu, deconstructed from all angles

i dont want to believe but synchronicity/association blocks are the real headfuck territory, nevermind a few lights in the sky

something, life, detected? 

"An international team of researchers has announced the detection of “a strong signal in the direction of HD164595”

http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=36248

oh its also in the guardian today ha https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/aug/29/russian-radio-telescope-strong-signal-hd164595-seti

ratan_3.jpeg

Edited by pyramidpanes

A earth-like planet found orbiting the red dward Proxima Centauri in the habitable zone 4 light-years away, our closest neighbour star. Temp on the planet allows the possibility of liquid water. Apparently rather big news.

http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1629/

fuuuuck

habitable but very different orbit and star - it's essentially a bigger earth (1.3x more) that is really close to a small star, so it's the same approximate temp but blasted by UV and X-Ray emissions

• 3 months later...

Need space for all the drones and stealth helicopters built along the other black projects.

You ever go to dreamlandresort? They've been the best source on Groom Lake for decades now. In fact they even paid for and requested all of the recent satellite photos of the base, the 2009 and 2011 ones.

Need space for all the drones and stealth helicopters built along the other black projects.

You ever go to dreamlandresort? They've been the best source on Groom Lake for decades now. In fact they even paid for and requested all of the recent satellite photos of the base, the 2009 and 2011 ones.

Will do. At this point in our history, we need our alien overlords more than ever. Reveal yourself greys! There's still time to make 2016 even a more wacky year than it has been!

Edited by olo

The issue with this whole topic is the fact that the obvious logical conclusions regarding the size of the universe, the number of stars, the probability of life not existing elsewhere being absolutely tiny, things like that, is that these facts are mixed in with retarded conspiracy theories like "the government has a cure to AIDs" and shit like that.  So the general public rejects it, and mainstream media can reject it

How often do you see anyone having a serious conversation about this?  This is literally one of the most important existential topics in the history of humanity but nobody takes it seriously.  It's just absurd

• 3 months later...

https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/2017-09

Could Fast Radio Bursts Be Powering Alien Probes?

newly published research suggests that mysterious phenomena called fast radio bursts could be evidence of advanced alien technology. Specifically, these bursts might be leakage from planet-sized transmitters powering interstellar probes in distant galaxies.

"Fast radio bursts are exceedingly bright given their short duration and origin at great distances, and we haven't identified a possible natural source with any confidence," said theorist Avi Loeb of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. "An artificial origin is worth contemplating and checking."

perhaps this is connected to HD164595

Edited by pyramidpanes

The issue with this whole topic is the fact that the obvious logical conclusions regarding the size of the universe, the number of stars, the probability of life not existing elsewhere being absolutely tiny, things like that, is that these facts are mixed in with retarded conspiracy theories like "the government has a cure to AIDs" and shit like that.  So the general public rejects it, and mainstream media can reject it

How often do you see anyone having a serious conversation about this?  This is literally one of the most important existential topics in the history of humanity but nobody takes it seriously.  It's just absurd

It's all made of waves, energies, frequencies, processes, functions and physical elements that form into complex structures (like solar systems or lifeforms). There are certainly complex interacting structures that might reproduce themselves and develop and even produce some form of mind but they don't necessarily fulfill the strictly defined biological criteria of "life" and maybe can't even be detected by the means of perception humans have. so maybe we should rethink our concept of what life is and what mind is before we are able to find intelligent alien life. many people won't even ascribe a complex mind to animals, so how could they do it with a being that doesn't have eyes and whose structure isn't even based on a genetic code?

Edited by darreichungsform

the likely thing we would encounter is self-replicating machine ai that has evolved a nightmarishly dispassionate and non-linear consciousness

probably not weird-lookin dudes out for a cruise

and the latency for a chat to other planets is laggy

we should stop being a beacon, like hawking says

it explains the fermi paradox rather neatly: civilizations learn to lay low

Edited by very honest

what do you mean by 'non-linear consciousness'?

the physical processes behind human consciousness are already non-linear.

one good thing about nightmarish machine intelligence is that it might just want to chill out in it's own system and suck the energy out of it's own star, rather than try and take over the galaxy. we might not be so lucky if we create it here though.

minds of creatures in our evolutionary tree are characterized by an understanding of time that is the result of how we evolved memory to understand perceptions.

we think time is passing, but physics established long ago that "now" does not exist objectively.

this introduces questions of a multiverse, and whether or not that there is a more basic "changer" than time... i.e., perhaps entire timelines are generated as a result of some quantum flux, and at any moment along one of these timelines, there seems to be a past.

major discrepancies in physics, such as the experimentally evidenced phenomenon of entanglement, which flies in the face of basic understandings of time and space, make clear that we may only be able to glimpse a fragment of a much broader reality.

machines, whose memories do not fade, and who have more direct and precise access to quantum phenomenon by virtue of their architecture being structured down to a foundation of circuits... how can we know that they wouldn't perceive a reality that dwarfs our own?

anyway, to answer your question, i was referring to being based on time, when i said non-linear.

minds of creatures in our evolutionary tree are characterized by an understanding of time that is the result of how we evolved memory to understand perceptions.

we think time is passing, but physics established long ago that "now" does not exist objectively.

this introduces questions of a multiverse, and whether or not that there is a more basic "changer" than time... i.e., perhaps entire timelines are generated as a result of some quantum flux, and at any moment along one of these timelines, there seems to be a past.

major discrepancies in physics, such as the experimentally evidenced phenomenon of entanglement, which flies in the face of basic understandings of time and space, make clear that we may only be able to glimpse a fragment of a much broader reality.

machines, whose memories do not fade, and who have more direct and precise access to quantum phenomenon by virtue of their architecture being structured down to a foundation of circuits... how can we know that they wouldn't perceive a reality that dwarfs our own?

anyway, to answer your question, i was referring to being based on time, when i said non-linear.

We trim memories because they're largely useless.  I vaguely remember something mentioned in a documentary I saw when I was young that people with supposed (((photographic memories))) suffer problems in life because they are inundated with garbage memories constantly.  Stuff they don't need or want to remember but they do

And I think it's reasonable to assume that the lower level you go down, the more useless individual points of information become.  It's all emergent through the higher layers.

Newtonian physics is a really high layer that gives us profoundly useful information about the state of the universe.  The state of a single atom's charge at the moment in a piece of dirt somewhere though is literally useless.  Similar might be said of quantum states, or maybe not I don't know anything about it.  

The issue with this whole topic is the fact that the obvious logical conclusions regarding the size of the universe, the number of stars, the probability of life not existing elsewhere being absolutely tiny, things like that, is that these facts are mixed in with retarded conspiracy theories like "the government has a cure to AIDs" and shit like that. So the general public rejects it, and mainstream media can reject it

How often do you see anyone having a serious conversation about this? This is literally one of the most important existential topics in the history of humanity but nobody takes it seriously. It's just absurd

It's all made of waves, energies, frequencies, processes, functions and physical elements that form into complex structures (like solar systems or lifeforms). There are certainly complex interacting structures that might reproduce themselves and develop and even produce some form of mind but they don't necessarily fulfill the strictly defined biological criteria of "life" and maybe can't even be detected by the means of perception humans have. so maybe we should rethink our concept of what life is and what mind is before we are able to find intelligent alien life. many people won't even ascribe a complex mind to animals, so how could they do it with a being that doesn't have eyes and whose structure isn't even based on a genetic code?

I agree, our concept of life and sentience is probably limited. There are probably many forms of non-sentient life, and many forms of sentient non-life. I hold the view that sufficiently advanced AI is sentient even if it can't reproduce like life can. I think biological life (the "life" defined to include reproduction) and sentience aren't linked

Edited by Zeffolia

In 2020 we will elect 2pac's hologram who colluded with UFO's to swing the election from Buzz Lightyear. It's like we never fucking learn.

probably not weird-lookin dudes out for a cruise

flol

I was on bbc radio 4 the other day that UFO sightings are down by 80% (or something like that) this is because everyone has smartphones and is staring at a screen and no longer staring at the sky, it also went into other interesting details about how in general people aren't as obsessed with ET (or weird-lookin dudes out for a cruise) any more as they were. Sorry for the shit post, trust me the radio report was miles better.