IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

The Navy has said it has top-secret information about unidentified flying objects that could cause "exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States" if released.

https://www.businessinsider.com/navy-says-release-files-into-ufo-sightings-would-damage-security-2020-1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

in case you want a page not full of popups/adblockerwarnings/etc: https://in-other-news.us/2020/01/14/navy-has-top-secret-ufo-files/ which seems to be mostly the same as the Vice article it links.

interesting stuff for sure tho. curious what sort of national security risk anything there could pose except our secrets getting out

• 2 months later...

Chinese lanterns from outer space.

Edited by Gocab
racist, sorry. Covid-19 lanterns. Won't happen again.

Why "grave damage" to national security, exactly? Is it because technological secrets involving our weapons systems might be revealed? Is it because international disputes (involving classified technology, as just one explanation) might ensue? I was a little annoyed that the Vice article didn't elaborate further on this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, Gocab said:

So it's some top secret weapon, yay.

USA USA USA

"exceptionally grave damage to the national security" is just a description of the classification, top secret. if you google "top secret us intel classification" (without quotes) you will find the exact phrase. since the things are unidentified, US intel assumes they are foreign secret technology. revealing what we know about other countries' technology is the grave threat to US national security. so it's not an indication that this is US technology.

7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

cool

3 videos.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

anyone seen a good deep dive/explainer on those declassified Navy vids? only stuff I’m seeing is short little news reports... I’m working from home so just watching tons of YouTube all day long so a video digging in on it would be great.

^good good stuff, luckily the speculative stuff is kept to a minimum so that helped. watching the Bob Lazar episode now, haven’t heard his story in a few years

edit: this Jeremy Corbell guy is hella annoying tho.

Edited by auxien

• 2 months later...

From: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy

No Longer in Shadows, Pentagon’s U.F.O. Unit Will Make Some Findings Public

"Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.”

The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence.

Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

Mr. Davis said he also gave classified briefings on retrievals of unexplained objects to staff members of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Oct. 21, 2019, and to staff members of the Senate Intelligence Committee two days later.

Committee staff members did not respond to requests for comment on the issue."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that article is gone, now ?

was just hearing some interesting things about harry reid. was watching jeremy corbell and george knapp on rogan, then that got me going back and watching corbell and commander fravor and i think that's the one where corbell was saying a bunch of stuff about harry reid. 

got to admit what diatoms quoted above sounds like the lazar story. also i noticed the timeline of the senate briefing being october, 2019, follows the bob lazar doc and rogan appearance which was like june 2019

was never able to decide if i find the lazar story authentic or not. his descriptions of the tech are pretty cool. 

fravor and the other military sightings are the really interesting thing.

Edited by very honest

perhaps this is still working

notice: i do not support this message, or whatever you call the opposite of support. you decide, i'm the idiot messenger

Edited by goDel

I was just revisiting the old 80s/90s "Unsolved Mysteries" (I've been feeling down lately, and that show is the equivalent of comfort food to me), and just the other day, season 2, episode 1 was the Roswell episode. The accounts reminded me very much of that Black Dog track from "Spanners", and so does that NYT excerpt you shared above: 

"I took a sledgehammer and I whammed it; I put it on the ground an whammed it. "

"The...er... wood. I don't know what you'd call. It would burn. "

Classic. 

Honestly, the prospect of aliens and all this shit being true kinda cheers me up. I think I don't believe it all (because I don't believe much), but it's pleasing to entertain. I would welcome me some abduction at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

The NYT article isn't gone; perhaps they changed the link. Here it is: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

It's a much more sober read than the The Star one. That one goes a little overboard. 

• Like 2

Well, I know that those NYT reporters have been on a mission to report on this stuff for a few years now, so this is just another report in a series. 

It's nothing really new. Some of UFO military footages have been made public quite some time ago, just more stuff is going to be revealed. Check this JRE podcast with this former military pilot who actually flew a jet and chased one of these UFO's back in 2004:

• Thanks 1