IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

8 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

carnists unaware of their psychopathy

The problem here is conditioning and habit. I have read and heard about the cruelty of meat production in factory settings and yet I still sometimes fall back into eating meat, simply out of habit. The other day at night I didn't have any food at home and was hungry and the only place that would deliver food had burgers, so I ordered three burgers with beef patties and chicken. It was wrong. I think it is okay to use animal products as we are all part of the same nature, basically different costumes of the same cosmic being, which is allowed to desertify, ravage, devastate and eat itself in order to stay in flux. If you eat the wrong things it can hurt the bacteria in your stomach, if you walk over a meadow you can hurt the bugs and snails. You are basically a devil or small god with or without knowing, so don't step on snails etc. The biggest problem is not the killing of the animals, it is the way we do it without any respect and regard for the animals' psyche, without awareness of our responsibility that is a natural result of our power.

These days I avoid cow products because of the stories I heard about what is being done to these sensitive beings in order to exploit them. I also heard that they are bred in a way that they need to be milked because otherwise their udders get damaged (result of animal "eugenics"). I still use those milk like products like hazelnut milk or almond milk instead because they taste better. Also, I think that sheep and goats are kept in an OK way, so you can use their milk.

Our civilisation has a fundamentally exploitative relationship to non-human beings (even to some human beings), we utilise the earth as if it was a dead object. This attitude is good when you want to build buildings and roads but there is another way to live, which is to be in a relationship with the earth, not just on it. I think that the more we can be in a real relationship with the earth and its inhabitants, the better it is for us.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dingformung said:

The problem here is conditioning and habit. I have read and heard about the cruelty of meat production in factory settings and yet I still sometimes fall back into eating meat, simply out of habit. The other day at night I didn't have any food at home and was hungry and the only place that would deliver food had burgers, so I ordered three burgers with beef patties and chicken. It was wrong. I think it is okay to use animal products as we are all part of the same nature, basically different costumes of the same cosmic being, which is allowed to desertify, ravage, devastate and eat itself in order to stay in flux. If you eat the wrong things it can hurt the bacteria in your stomach, if you walk over a meadow you can hurt the bugs and snails. You are basically a devil or small god with or without knowing, so don't step on snails etc. The biggest problem is not the killing of the animals, it is the way we do it without any respect and regard for the animals' psyche, without awareness of our responsibility that is a natural result of our power.

These days I avoid cow products because of the stories I heard about what is being done to these sensitive beings in order to exploit them. I also heard that they are bred in a way that they need to be milked because otherwise their udders get damaged (result of animal "eugenics"). I still use those milk like products like hazelnut milk or almond milk instead because they taste better. Also, I think that sheep and goats are kept in an OK way, so you can use their milk.

Our civilisation has a fundamentally exploitative relationship to non-human beings (even to some human beings), we utilise the earth as if it was a dead object. This attitude is good when you want to build buildings and roads but there is another way to live, which is to be in a relationship with the earth, not just on it. I think that the more we can be in a real relationship with the earth and its inhabitants, the better it is for us.

yeah.  i'm not perfect, i've had failing moments, the commodification and marketing of the products and the obfuscation of the production process is inherent not just to meat but all commodities, and in a way this obfuscation is itself the issue.  stop eating meat? great.  buy a computer? the supply chain required to produce it appropriated the labor of countless workers who most likely ate meat, and increased their caloric requirements and likelihood of eating more meat.  this obfuscation makes it near impossible to assign true guilt for individual actions and this individualist lifestyle politics viewpoint of achieving change in economic activities relating to exploitation of nature under capitalism is completely ineffective.  for these reasons prioritizing veganism is in a way idealist given that it's inherently individualistic and relates to consumer choices which have little to no effect on the greater system. vegans can complain about carnists but unless those complaining vegans intend to seize the means of meat production and abolish them for everyone, not just themselves, their complaints are moralistic and petty

I honestly don't know how to change the world, it is a big complex mess (which is beautiful but hard to tame or indomitable), I suppose us humans can do our best by changing laws and education. Corporations that behave like giant psychopathic entities decoupled from humans and nature have to be kept in check by a competent government, responsible civilians and an honourable executive branch (that only uses its violence monopoly to control such psychopathic entities that have decoupled from the earth as one being) so production chains may become more ethical. Schools are barracks to break the idiosyncrasies of students and turn them into diligent, orderly workers that don't question the bigger context in which they live (not that this is successful, kids can be incredibly bright, but not because of school, but despite it, also a lot of teachers don't play this game and are amazing). They learn to read only books and screens, but not leaves and rivers. The internet is an incredible tool for democracy, but it can also be a tool for the warfare state and the dollarocracy. I truly believe that education should be free, but not in the crappy way it is now. It should be free in the sense that it is a gift from the universe, it should be free to be wild and free, not in the sense that we are forced to conform to a system of economic and political slavery. The right to access information is crucial for any society that wants to call itself democratic. And just having access to information does not guarantee anything, it must be understood. Enlightenment is not just about information, it is also about wisdom.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I honestly don't know how to change the world, it is a big complex mess (which is beautiful but hard to tame or indomitable), I suppose us humans can do our best by changing laws and education. Corporations that behave like giant psychopathic entities decoupled from humans and nature have to be kept in check by a competent government, responsible civilians and an honourable executive branch (that only uses its violence monopoly to control such psychopathic entities that have decoupled from the earth as one being) so production chains may become more ethical. Schools are barracks to break the idiosyncrasies of students and turn them into diligent, orderly workers that don't question the bigger context in which they live (not that this is successful, kids can be incredibly bright, but not because of school, but despite it, also a lot of teachers don't play this game and are amazing). They learn to read only books and screens, but not leaves and rivers. The internet is an incredible tool for democracy, but it can also be a tool for the warfare state and the dollarocracy. I truly believe that education should be free, but not in the crappy way it is now. It should be free in the sense that it is a gift from the universe, it should be free to be wild and free, not in the sense that we are forced to conform to a system of economic and political slavery. The right to access information is crucial for any society that wants to call itself democratic. And just having access to information does not guarantee anything, it must be understood. Enlightenment is not just about information, it is also about wisdom.

i cant even get out of bed before noon im sure not gona do it

it's difficult because holistic education is something that can only come through a chain reaction of other things like a government controlling the education system that cares about the wellbeing of the people and will allow its obsolescence, or parents themselves receiving such an education and capable of giving it, quality of life allowing free time and varieties of ways of living that arent profit generating, any individual aspect looked at in this way seems to fail to become a lever of changemaking, it has to be everything at once. its why i support revolution, i cannot imagine and am scared to imagine a world without many more revolutions in its future, they are a requirement

Edited by cyanobacteria

In a revolution situation, which is a military situation, those who have the best initial position are most likely to turn the tides for their own benefit. A worldwide revolution would mostly benefit militarists and authoritarian governments. The idea of a united force of people that collectively break free from the shackles of dominion through a giant revolutionary act may seem beautiful, but it is bound to turn everything into a very unpredictable direction, most likely not a good one. I believe the best thing we can do is to continue to work on our own personal expression. We must continue to spread our ideas, but without the need to force it. We must never look down on others who have not yet realised what we already know, we must never think we are better than others because of our knowledge, and we must always keep an open mind. We must be ready to listen to others, even if we don’t agree with them. We must not be afraid of new ideas or new theories, as long as they are backed up by good arguments. We must be ready to question our own understanding, and never act as if we are the ultimate authority. We must be ready to accept criticism and change our views if we find that we have been wrong. Most of all, we must realise that all of us are connected, and by working together, we can make a truly positive change in this world.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dingformung said:

In a revolution situation, which is a military situation, those who have the best initial position are most likely to turn the tides for their own benefit. A worldwide revolution would mostly benefit militarists and authoritarian governments. The idea of a united force of people that collectively break free from the shackles of dominion through a giant revolutionary act may seem beautiful, but it is bound to turn everything into a very unpredictable direction, most likely not a good one. I believe the best thing we can do is to continue to work on our own personal expression. We must continue to spread our ideas, but without the need to force it. We must never look down on others who have not yet realised what we already know, we must never think we are better than others because of our knowledge, and we must always keep an open mind. We must be ready to listen to others, even if we don’t agree with them. We must not be afraid of new ideas or new theories, as long as they are backed up by good arguments. We must be ready to question our own understanding, and never act as if we are the ultimate authority. We must be ready to accept criticism and change our views if we find that we have been wrong. Most of all, we must realise that all of us are connected, and by working together, we can make a truly positive change in this world.

just sounds a bit kumbayaish to go in these directions.  i support workers revolutions not revolutions in some general sense which are taken over by the militaries.  the military does not exist without workers.  military members are first and foremost workers, and in many places just poor people hoping for some benefits once they get out.  there is no time to sit around and wait, the earth is being destroyed and people are dying, millions of people are dying because the workers are not being allowed to create healthcare and food distribution systems or create proper infrastructure.

its very concrete.  food, water, shelter.  very chemical and material.  healthcare, very material.  education, getting more abstract, but should be in service of the material first to enable anything greater to come after.  and these things do not require ideas, they require worker control and revolution

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

carnists unaware of their psychopathy

But god gave us animals to eat them! Are you saying that all god’s ppl are psychopaths?! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, very honest said:

my holy book says to eat christians

it recommends bbq and cheese

wisconsin cheddar

Lol show me the book! 

Sumpin tells me ETs are woke af and have been observing us for decades (maybe even centuries) and keeping their distance so as not to both cause global alarm and put themselves in danger. I think they are watching to make sure we don't destroy ourselves, and perhaps intervening in the subtlest possible way when the need arises.

I probably sound like a scientologist or something. But I truly think they have peaceful intentions, especially in light of how dangerous we've already proven ourselves to be. If they had a mind to launch an invasion like they did in old cheesy sci-fi films, they would have already done so.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

1) if I were an alien, I'd have no interest in ensuring humanity maintains itself.

2) why are we so certain it's humans they're interested in? Maybe aliens have an alliance with dolphins or octopuses.

3) how come electro music is so content-focussed on space/technology/alien matters

• Like 1

It's difficult to imagine that a flat infinite universe isn't teeming with life, but the distances of spacetime probably prevent most if not all communication and planet-cruising. Unless you're some kind of space sloth, it's hard to do any meaningful communication over thousands of light-years, let alone millions of them. Advanced civs are probably short-lived and self-destructive, and Dyson Spheres or Warp Drives are just fiction. We might be looking for the wrong biosignatures too, or just haven't scanned enough exoplanets... There are a shit ton out there. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1