IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

Maybe whoever discovers these Aliens gets an ultimatum. They are just here to observe and report, if we out them we go the way of Alderaan.  And if you are feeling suicidal they'l know and find something to scare the shit out of you. Otherwise no problems. Or its us from the future. Which also has its perils. 

Can you imagine some school history class trip for kids from the year 3000? What better way to teach history than to watch it

Edited by marf

I don't think the aliens are evolved humans; I think we're livestock/animals to them, and they are treating us the same way we observe apes and other animals in their habitats (tagging, selective culling, breeding experiments)

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I don't think the aliens are evolved humans; I think we're livestock/animals to them, and they are treating us the same way we observe apes and other animals in their habitats (tagging, selective culling, breeding experiments)

if they can travel so far or have interdimensional capabilities or whatever why cant they just simulate entire bodies for breeding experiments?

time is too slow in the primary universe, anyone as advanced as aliens should be able to get around it through computers. what are we doing thats useful to them? we cant even be half decent to each other globally

Perhaps they are neither evolved humans nor aliens, but are instead our perception of the programmers of the simulation we all live in: it's how they occasionally manifest themselves in the simulated universe so they can poke around and observe. 

Untethered speculation can be fun. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

35 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Perhaps they are neither evolved humans nor aliens, but are instead our perception of the programmers of the simulation we all live in: it's how they occasionally manifest themselves in the simulated universe so they can poke around and observe. 

Untethered speculation can be fun. 

Baudrillard is turning in his grave! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xox said:

I was actually thinking of Bostrom's argument. At the end of the article, he speculates a bit about what a simulation-world would entail for our belief in God, the soul, recursive simulations, etc. I don't recall that he speculates about UFOs, though, but hey, why not? 

https://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, apriorion said:

I was actually thinking of Bostrom's argument. At the end of the article, he speculates a bit about what a simulation-world would entail for our belief in God, the soul, recursive simulations, etc. I don't recall that he speculates about UFOs, though, but hey, why not? 

it just so happens.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, apriorion said:
10 hours ago, xox said:

what if  I  told You

On 8/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, ignatius said:

i know.. i know.. i post this all the time but here it is again because.. 

So I watched this and then an interview with vallee... Good stuff, interesting ideas...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

it just so happens.... 

He explains the argument pretty well. He downplays the significance of the bland indifference principle and the substrate independence hypotheses, though. Neither of these are strictly “logical” nor strictly “mathematical”. They are substantive philosophical premises in Bostrom’s argument. Thus, the argument isn’t as airtight as being pure logic and math.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apriorion said:

He explains the argument pretty well. He downplays the significance of the bland indifference principle and the substrate independence hypotheses, though. Neither of these are strictly “logical” nor strictly “mathematical”. They are substantive philosophical premises in Bostrom’s argument. Thus, the argument isn’t as airtight as being pure logic and math.

i haven't read the paper.. will check out the pdf link you posted. thanks!

campkiller commentary is generally fun stuff and sometimes informative as a fun primer on 'science topics'.  i didn't expect to be so captivated by the game play footage but it makes good background while digesting the ideas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...