IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

20 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

life is organic, language is organic, technology is organic.  the spaghetti code is never going to be untangled, formally proven, and standardized.  the engineering designs will never be formalized and universalized.  the different alien civilizations will never merge their knowledge in a smoothening way.  everything will be combined through intermediary layers and ad-hoc connections.  the organic nature of the different civilizations will not unify, and should not.  communication with alien species is not as important as it seems.  what's more complex and more valuable is cooperation without communication.  the unspoken agreements that we all come to as a conclusion.  if it can't be done at that level, there is no hope for longterm sustainable multi-species societies.  in a post scarcity scenario such an agreement would not only be possible but reasonable and desirable.  im just typing words

can you ever imagine a scenario where AI advances past human capabilities, and is able to somehow communicate with alien life? I'm also just typing words here, and don't know enough about it to go into advanced discussion. I think I remember you mentioned on here you work in AI, and must have some thoughts regarding this.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

The essence of the universe is action. Action implies a relationship between two or more entities. That relationship determines what happens next, which determines another relationship, until you reach a state where there is no longer any change. This state of no change, however, does not last long, because when it occurs again another entity comes along and changes it. Thus, there is never an absence of change, but only a series of cycles based on recurring patterns (patterns that are themselves determined by repeated interactions).

1 hour ago, zero said:

what if aliens don't speak English, then what? they'd be shot on sight if they landed their ship in the U S A.

maybe they'd be ok if they landed in Germany and had ding to talk to. he seems like he "gets" them.

21 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

life is organic, language is organic, technology is organic.  the spaghetti code is never going to be untangled, formally proven, and standardized.  the engineering designs will never be formalized and universalized.  the different alien civilizations will never merge their knowledge in a smoothening way.  everything will be combined through intermediary layers and ad-hoc connections.  the organic nature of the different civilizations will not unify, and should not.  communication with alien species is not as important as it seems.  what's more complex and more valuable is cooperation without communication.  the unspoken agreements that we all come to as a conclusion.  if it can't be done at that level, there is no hope for longterm sustainable multi-species societies.  in a post scarcity scenario such an agreement would not only be possible but reasonable and desirable.  im just typing words

i believe i know where david lynch took the idea for EeeeLeeeeCtttttRiiiiiiiCiiiiiTyyyyy ...

spacer.png

• Farnsworth 2

17 minutes ago, zero said:

can you ever imagine a scenario where AI advances past human capabilities, and is able to somehow communicate with alien life? I'm also just typing words here, and don't know enough about it to go into advanced discussion. I think I remember you mentioned on here you work in AI, and must have some thoughts regarding this.

nobody knows, strong ai hasn't been made yet, it's possible at some point in the future ai can be made to understand people to the degree necessary to communicate with them.  right now lots of ai stores information in sort of normalized internal knowledge representation formats to which multiple types of data can be input. for instance i believe googles translators use an intermediary language format which is not something humans understand, but into which each language can be translated, then when translating between a pair of languages you translate to that intermediary form then translate from the intermediary form to the target language.  presumably something like this can be done.  it requires cooperation and active communication and collaboration between the two languages to make sure this AI is truly representing intent.  at best it can be used as an auxiliary helper layer for trivial tasks and should require conscious validation from participants.  i believe aliens advanced enough to communicate with us are deeply knowledgeable about the risks of ai, super-ai, ai takeovers, and dependence of a civilization upon ai in general or particular ais in specific, given that even we in our infantile state are starting to get a grasp on it.  likely ai will be useful in this area, but expert beings will be needed to mediate, guide, monitor, sculpt, and create it

• Farnsworth 3

supposedly, the grey aays ? are AI, & their ufos utilise consciousness assisted technology, ie - they'e biotech. interdimensional beings w. vibrational communication ?:music: hmmm

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

People that believe in aliens are similar to people that believe in Jesus. Both groups believing in the unknown and having faith that they're messiah will come.  Aliens are like a modern religion. Did I read that here?

45 minutes ago, yekker said:

People that believe in aliens are similar to people that believe in Jesus. Both groups believing in the unknown and having faith that they're messiah will come.  Aliens are like a modern religion. Did I read that here?

not really, we can posit from our own tragictory that we will become the aliens pretty soon

1 hour ago, yekker said:

whoever wrote that is moron

12 minutes ago, dingformung said:

whoever wrote that is moron

I'm just saying aliens give atheists something to believe in sometimes on a religious scale.

• Farnsworth 1

i am genuinely unconvinced that we should not expect alien ai to be bopping around. i'm honestly befuddled that it's not the leading theory for ufos. 

of course it's incredibly more likely that we would encounter self replicating ai than organic creatures. like it must be thousands or millions of times more likely.

and what reason would i have for believing that life did not release self replicating ai into the galaxy in the last couple billion years? that's all it would take. 

and the way the ufos act kind of seems like ai.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

normal brain: Jesus is cool

big brain: Jesus is made up

bigger brain: there’s no god but aliens are cool

true next level galaxy (Ridley Scott making Prometheus) brain: Jesus are alien

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Over the past couple of weeks my perspective has constantly changed. Every day I seem to go into completely new territories of thinking (new to me at least). My angle on things fluctuates more rapidly than ever before so that I can even understand these more extremist & religious viewpoints. My antidote to getting completely delusional is trying to memorise all or some of these possible angles (there seem to be infinite possible angles) and derive a kind of modesty from them. I'm not referring to modesty as some sort of moralist stance or demeanour, but as the ability to know that every angle is just that, an angle, and never the absolute truth (which may be impossible to obtain as a human anyway).

I'm trying to be as humble as possible (which is what allowed me to accept certain people's more religious viewpoints). This has been a constant battle for me because I naturally feel like I know everything, but I'm trying to be aware of my own delusions. This requires me to constantly analyse my own behaviour and thoughts.

It's as if there are two sides to every story: the side that is being told and the side that is not being told – i.e. what isn't being said. The narratives we tell ourselves are in our minds, and the narratives that exist outside our heads are in other people's minds, which may or may not match our own. As far as we can tell, most people agree on certain narratives, but there are others that are quite different from these common narratives (and sometimes these 'different' narratives are an improvement on the more popular ones).

Edited by dingformung

It's a dream inside a dream inside a dream, but not really as these dreams don't necessarily follow a Matryoshka principle (although they absolutely can), and also not necessarily an arboreal structure (although again, they can) but are ultimately (which probably is an unfitting term here) connected in a rootstock-like manner. Therefore aliens can be or may emerge as a dream inside another dream, or as a dream within one's own dream. The idea of aliens is often associated with dreams, and how our minds are able to generate vivid imagery and how the mind can be convinced to perceive these images as real. I'm not saying they aren't real because even if they are a lucid dream, dreams are real as we know, at least in the plane of existence they live on. And these various layers of existence more often than not permeate, influence and interpenetrate each other. It's all in your mind? Your mind is not only in you, though. Mind is a concept, and like most concepts, it's not what you think it is.

If we are to posit the existence of a dream-reality, what would it look like? A world where dreams exist? That would be a very strange place indeed. I think one way to address this problem would be to draw inspiration from bardo (the Tibetan word for transitional states between two lives on earth). In these states, you have some degree of freedom to alter your surroundings. You can create things, communicate with others and even visit other worlds. But what's really interesting about bardo is that for many people (I'm talking about those who had an out-of-body experience), they report seeing their loved ones or other entities they know walking around, interacting with them or even fighting with each other. Therefore we could say that bardo is a kind of dream. It's a space where you can meet familiar people and places, and aliens indeed. Do you want to wake "up"?

Do you want to wake "up"?

Are you ready to wake "up"?

Are you ready to look at your world with a new set of eyes?

Are you ready to see the truth?

The world is not what it seems.

What if everything you knew was wrong?

1740259068_Peaceful__Wrathful_Deities_-_of_the_Bardo.thumb.jpeg.37a98071b7d19b2f578bce783999436a.jpeg

The Truth about The Secret

Is it true that all you have to do is wish for something and it will come true? If it were that easy, why aren't we all rich and successful? Why aren't we blissfully happy, fulfilled, and healthy? Why is there so much suffering in the world? Why does anything bad happen to anyone at all? How could a loving God allow bad things to happen to good people? How can you be happy if your dreams don't come true, your relationships fail, your business goes bankrupt, or you get ill? Do you really believe that the mind has some sort of magical power over reality? What if everything is exactly as it seems on the surface, and there is no hidden reality or secret to life? What if everything is exactly the way it seems to be, and only through recognising that reality can we find true happiness? What if the mind can't control reality, but is instead controlled by reality?

What if the Secret to Reality is Reality?

What if the secret to everything is that there is no secret? What if the secret is that everything that happens to you in life is exactly what you asked for? What if the secret is that you are responsible for your own happiness and joy? What if the secret is that you must take full responsibility for your life and your feelings, and you can't blame anyone else for how you feel? What if the secret is that if all of your dreams don't come true, it's not because of a "higher power," or fate, or a lack of visualisation skills, or some other excuse, but it's because your dream didn't fit into reality? What if the secret to life isn't a magic trick or a new age philosophy, but instead it's simply "the real deal"? What if awakening means more than just learning something new about yourself, it means realising what you already know? What if self-awareness isn't just about looking inside yourself to see what your dreams are, but instead it's about looking outside yourself to see where your dreams are leading you? What if the secret is that there is no secret?

The Secret to Life is Life

The secret to life is life. That's the real deal. That's the truth. That's all there is. There is nothing else. There is no special secret. There are no magic wishes or destiny or fate or higher power. There is only reality, and reality involves you. So instead of wishing for something that seems like a magic trick, maybe you should look around you and see if what you're wishing for is in line with reality. If not, you might want to change your dream. Maybe what you really want is not what you think you want.

But...

What if we are more than just a body? What if we have more than one part, and one part can see the whole picture? What if the one part that sees the whole picture is the soul? What if you are more than just the body that you are right now? What if your soul is eternal and has lived many lifetimes? What if your soul has a broader view of the world than your body? What if your body is just a tool for your soul to experience reality in this lifetime? Without a soul, you would be nothing. Without your body, your soul would have no way to experience reality.

What if "soul" is capable of fluctuating between various bodies and temporarily occupying one ore more? What if "aliens" are an alien soul temporarily occupying the body of a human (or another creature)?

What if we all have more than one soul? What if we have multiple souls that can inhabit different bodies at any given time? What if everyone is secretly harbouring multiple souls in their physical body? What if you have multiple souls within you right now? Is something formless even countable? Either way it’s an interesting concept to contemplate.

What if we are all capable of possessing different bodies and inhabiting different minds? What if consciousness is the thread that ties all of this together? What if consciousness is the soul, and not our physical body?

What if this is more than just an exploration of a potential theory? What if this is something we will all have to experience in the future?

• Farnsworth 1