IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

42 minutes ago, very honest said:

so weird how they have recognizable behavior.

also so weird that UFO technology has largely mimicked our own. back in the '40s UFO's had the classic grey, metallic flying saucer look. now they look and behave more like stealth aircraft. coincidence? or maybe their Moore's law is the same as ours...

12 hours ago, zero said:

also so weird that UFO technology has largely mimicked our own. back in the '40s UFO's had the classic grey, metallic flying saucer look. now they look and behave more like stealth aircraft. coincidence? or maybe their Moore's law is the same as ours...

sightings are certainly a mix of a lot of brain garbage and maybe some actual phenomena.

but yeah, you have a point. the vallee hypothesis deals with that.

Edited by very honest

18 minutes ago, zero said:

id doubt moores law has anything to do with it, theyre probably already up against its limits for hundreds of years if theyre travelling here. its interesting that the sightings change with the times. at the same time arent there old style sightings still?  maybe these new types of sightings are just always there too but just enabled by better technology like drones + high speed video cameras

would be cool if the old classic saucers are still floating about. they have a certain art deco-ness to them that I dig. maybe the aliens have a sense of style when it comes to their crafts, like we do with our classic cars and vintage aircraft. they pull out the saucers and fly them every so often like we do the blue angels at air show demonstrations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

id doubt moores law has anything to do with it, theyre probably already up against its limits for hundreds of years if theyre travelling here. its interesting that the sightings change with the times. at the same time arent there old style sightings still?  maybe these new types of sightings are just always there too but just enabled by better technology like drones + high speed video cameras

UFO sightings haven't changed - people are still seeing the bright lights, disc shaped objects, cigar shapes, etc. What's changed is people's mindset when describing the phenomena. Interesting too that everyone has a personal video recorder in their hand/pocket these days, but I don't really know if there's more video evidence of UFOs now versus the decades past before modern cellphones and video recorders.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zero said:

maybe they just dig our contemporary styles... keeping up with the trends and all

i'm sure in medieval times they were made of wood with intricate carvings, wore wigs and their suits had white tights...

UFOs do not imply a 'they' because UFO =/= aliens

the UAP designation is more inclusive and accurate, as obviously some amount of reports are likely not any flying objects

unidentified simply means that: it's not known what it is.

there were a few attempted explanations in the comments of the video i posted. one of those is much more likely than hovering ships, be they human or otherworldly in origin, at least in that particular case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zero said:

I'd say they look more like birds than anything.

11 hours ago, Silent Member said:

the movement seems unlike birds. 

if it's not "the unidentified" then i'd say it looks like an advanced drone swarm. 

could also be a troll from a video effects student/professional/amateur

or any of myriad entities outputting misc content for purpose of gaining following or other purposes

Edited by very honest

One of my personal theories/musings is that UFOs (or UAP) are not 'ships' in the sense of having occupants, but what if the 'ships' themselves ARE the beings/organisms? It would explain why some are observed changing shape or some having non-metallic surfaces.

Another idea i've had is that they are not traditional vehicles that travel in space per se, but are actually intradimensional vehicles, which would explain how they can defy our physics and seemingly appear/disappear at will.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

One of my personal theories/musings is that UFOs (or UAP) are not 'ships' in the sense of having occupants, but what if the 'ships' themselves ARE the beings/organisms? It would explain why some are observed changing shape or some having non-metallic surfaces.

interesting theory, i hadn't thought of that before, nice one

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Another idea i've had is that they are not traditional vehicles that travel in space per se, but are actually intradimensional vehicles, which would explain how they can defy our physics and seemingly appear/disappear at will.

my friend and i thought of this as a possible theory as well

If you can't see the last shot in that video (0:55) is four out of focus birds (most likely some sort seagull) fighting over food I can't help you guys. You can even see their wings flapping. Spend more time outside?

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

If you can't see the last shot in that video (0:55) is four out of focus birds (most likely some sort seagull) fighting over food I can't help you guys. You can even see their wings flapping. Spend more time outside?

The interesting thing about birds though, is they're essentially dinosaurs. Millions years older than our part of the tree of life. I'm 100% sure they're aliens without us even being aware!

Black And White Smoking GIF

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

25 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

hm ok, maybe

but then why are ufos disguising themselves as birds?

• Farnsworth 1

11 hours ago, Silent Member said:

32 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

18 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

The interesting thing about birds though, is they're essentially dinosaurs. Millions years older than our part of the tree of life. I'm 100% sure they're aliens without us even being aware!

Black And White Smoking GIF

6 minutes ago, very honest said:

hm ok, maybe

but then why are ufos disguising themselves as birds?

On 8/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, prdctvsm said:

1667885607_birdhomedimentionallanguage.thumb.png.2bca7a2fa504f1a7603530d1cc63b040.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, auxien said:

halfway through this, should be a cool podcast. 

this guy is interesting but he is almost entirely full of shit

His book is fun with debatable levels of shit, ie UAP’s as the part of imagination that shows up on radar. Bits on consciousness as a double mirror, cites The Master and His Emissary on brain hemispheres a bit and how strokes effect them (not just in relation to bilateral movement loss).

E1D4A8A4-8E14-4B60-91D7-E771A4C9A7B3.jpeg

8 hours ago, Silent Member said:

tbh as soon as i watched it with that in mind i was like, 'oh shit duh obv its just some fuckin birds'

i think maybe it has to do with the odd movement of the camera, combined with being out of focus and decently far away, that made me not recognize it on first watch.

3 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

His book is fun with debatable levels of shit, ie UAP’s as the part of imagination that shows up on radar. Bits on consciousness as a double mirror, cites The Master and His Emissary on brain hemispheres a bit and how strokes effect them (not just in relation to bilateral movement loss).

i can't even imagine how pissed i would get reading that. i'm sure there's some intelligence and logic in him, but his general proposals in that full podcast are just...they're literally just full on bullshit. like, by design...they're like most any conspiracy theory or 'alternate science' shit you see loons posting...all wrapped in a theory that doesn't allow holes to be poked in it. i'd like to try and summarize some of the batshit insanity those two spoke about with absolute seriousness (the entire universe is alive! everything in existence is a story and therefore, UFOs!?!?!!!) but i just...my brain was disarmed by Kripal's Big Lebowski-like approach, but any credible ideas he may have are just mired with sheer crap and a stunning lack of restraint. honestly found it troubling this guy has any kind of 'respect' even amongst the most niche corners.

the host (who was in near rapture to speak with Kripal but stopped short of cumming while recording, i'll give him that) was just eating it all up, makes me really hesitant to check out any other episodes. i love hearing about fringe stuff, but that's wayyyyyy past fringe

2 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

^ good ol' Whitley Streiber can tell a tale or 2 ! he wrote The Hunger -  adapted by Tony Scott for the 1983 erotic horror movie ft. David Bowie & Catherine Deneuve. there's a new Streiber book out now on Jesus.

ha, makes sense because that Kripal guy is spouting pure fuckin fiction

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, auxien said:

tbh as soon as i watched it with that in mind i was like, 'oh shit duh obv its just some fuckin birds'

i think maybe it has to do with the odd movement of the camera, combined with being out of focus and decently far away, that made me not recognize it on first watch.

i can't even imagine how pissed i would get reading that. i'm sure there's some intelligence and logic in him, but his general proposals in that full podcast are just...they're literally just full on bullshit. like, by design...they're like most any conspiracy theory or 'alternate science' shit you see loons posting...all wrapped in a theory that doesn't allow holes to be poked in it. i'd like to try and summarize some of the batshit insanity those two spoke about with absolute seriousness (the entire universe is alive! everything in existence is a story and therefore, UFOs!?!?!!!) but i just...my brain was disarmed by Kripal's Big Lebowski-like approach, but any credible ideas he may have are just mired with sheer crap and a stunning lack of restraint. honestly found it troubling this guy has any kind of 'respect' even amongst the most niche corners.

the host (who was in near rapture to speak with Kripal but stopped short of cumming while recording, i'll give him that) was just eating it all up, makes me really hesitant to check out any other episodes. i love hearing about fringe stuff, but that's wayyyyyy past fringe

ha, makes sense because that Kripal guy is spouting pure fuckin fiction

Fiction can be fun. It doesn’t have to be “right”, that’s the point. Conjecture as narrative. The books cited are a better source overall.

He’s not arguing for panpsychism, rather non-dualism which touches on a huge range of phenomena. I mean all those Esalen folks were off the deep end. We need a certain quota of zee crazies to counterpoint the ultra-rationalist likes of Dawkins et al.

Even materialism has its limits of comprehension given our current understanding of physics, hence circling back to consciousness itself & the intersections between science & religion. 

Why not study these realms? Anthropology & neuropharmacology do it every day. Even if the pod was poorly presented and a bit wank (which we agree on), the subjects discussed aren’t ie the role of imagination.

Edited by cwmbrancity
ultranationalist?
  • Like 2