IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

7 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Fiction can be fun. It doesn’t have to be “right”, that’s the point. Conjecture as narrative. The books cited are a better source overall.

fiction is great, and looking at reality while using that fictional/'what if' perspective to explore unknown things is undoubtedly a tool scientists have used to great effect. but just inventing things whole cloth and acting like they're real is what trips me up hard. (yknow religion, occultism, magic, whatever)

We need a certain quota of zee crazies to counterpoint the ultra-rationalist likes of Dawkins et al.

i sorta agree with this in theory...but at the same time i'd never encourage it in others, nor could i really deal with it personally. but at some point in 'live and let live'-ing the crazies, it's almost abusive, in the lightest sense of that word. encouraging, or at least providing open and safe forums for craziness seems slightly dangerous (again, in the lightest sense of that word) to the persons themselves and perhaps to the society they're in.

Even materialism has its limits of comprehension given our current understanding of physics, hence circling back to consciousness itself & the intersections between science & religion. 

Why not study these realms? Anthropology & neuropharmacology do it every day. Even if the pod was poorly presented and a bit wank (which we agree on), the subjects discussed aren’t ie the role of imagination.

no doubt. i'm not of the mind that 'consciousness' has shit to do with shit, despite some interpretations of quantum physics, and also of the school that thinks all religions are 100% bullshit.

studying these things at the edges of our actual knowledge, even in ways that may seem loony, are good and should be done....reasonably. scientifically. 

yeah, the subjects discussed are okay to discuss and consider and explore...but to be fully presenting them as some sort of reality, especially from someone who seems to have some amount of renown and cache to their name like Kripal, is imo a bad thing, that's what i take issue with. but....

all that said i'm not the thought/word/karma police so i wouldn't ever advocate silencing him or anyone stating whatever crazy shit they want to. i'll just complain a bit on some forum ?

Kripal be all like this lady at 1:19:

FF to ~19:00 for a UFO sighting

'it went *pew* and you could tell it was like miles away instantly, then it went into the water'

:cerious:

"aliens under the mesa, been there long before us...we work with them! stay away from the moon! oh and yeah alien embryos growing babies in cows so that's cattle mutilations!"

:cisfor:

"You can actually meet aliens whenever you want to," he explains helpfully. "You just need to ask, and they'll appear. I know, because I've done it once, and it was totally fucking scary. I'm not ready for that yet. I've got other things to do."  -Aphex Twin, Q Magazine, November 2014

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/20/2021 at 8:33 AM, Joyrex said:

One of my personal theories/musings is that UFOs (or UAP) are not 'ships' in the sense of having occupants, but what if the 'ships' themselves ARE the beings/organisms? It would explain why some are observed changing shape or some having non-metallic surfaces.

Another idea i've had is that they are not traditional vehicles that travel in space per se, but are actually intradimensional vehicles, which would explain how they can defy our physics and seemingly appear/disappear at will.

one of my friends and i hypothesized that UFO's could be probes or unmanned spacecrafts - similar to how we sent the juno probe to jupiter or perseverance rover to mars.

when we think of aliens, we suspect they may be carbon based bipedal lifeforms, but what if they are not, and see things beyond our own visual spectrum. so UFOs could be invisible or visible (to us) depending on a number of factors. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

OK, this would imply the aliens to live in our very own solar system. As both voyagers haven't been past the van-oort cloud at this point in time. Takes another 300 years to reach it even.

/actually

maybe one of their probes ran into our probe? could be some koind of chance meeting in space. 

• Farnsworth 1

38 minutes ago, ignatius said:

maybe one of their probes ran into our probe? could be some koind of chance meeting in space. 

But how would they know those voyagers were sent at them specifically? It's a message in a bottle. Not directed at anyone in particular. Must be a rapey sort of aliens to think like that. Scary. I hope it's fake!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

probably some docking of probes happened

• Farnsworth 2
  • Big Brain 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:38 PM, prdctvsm said:

?

i'm almost done w/this now. it's amazing. classic UFO conspiracy stuff. i love the "secret shadow gov't fascist plan for a space war" angle wrapped up in stock market capitalism and all that. it's great. so entertaining. all the people w/links to important aero space people throughout us history etc.. love the hear-say and "i saw the documents" stuff. so great. i love the spooky piano music throughout. 

• Farnsworth 1

22 minutes ago, ignatius said:

'm almost done w/this now. it's amazing. classic UFO conspiracy stuff. i love the "secret shadow gov't fascist plan for a space war" angle wrapped up in stock market capitalism and all that. it's great. so entertaining. all the people w/links to important aero space people throughout us history etc.. love the hear-say and "i saw the documents" stuff. so great. i love the spooky piano music throughout. 

this genre/industry of ufology/conspiracy videos is decades old now, &, having developed its own aesthetic & trajectory in tune w. the growth of the internet - its platform, is providing us w. some real nuggets; nuggets strewn among the bandwidth of its info-spectrum whose range encompasses both wacky races & wisdom, via often multifarious, conflicting or contradictory statements to flights of fancy & flat out guesswork. mostly sleuthing imo. but, hey, at least they're asking some real questions, doing some research, using their imagination(s) & questioning authoritah ! theres a whole host of these ppl firmly & sincerely committed to communicating to a growing audience what the effect this subject of ufos has on every f thing.

here's another ufo/politics vid from 2015:

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:51 PM, diatoms said:

"You can actually meet aliens whenever you want to," he explains helpfully. "You just need to ask, and they'll appear. I know, because I've done it once, and it was totally fucking scary. I'm not ready for that yet. I've got other things to do."  -Aphex Twin, Q Magazine, November 2014

ftfy

16 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

this genre/industry of ufology/conspiracy videos is decades old now, &, having developed its own aesthetic & trajectory in tune w. the growth of the internet - its platform, is providing us w. some real nuggets; nuggets strewn among the bandwidth of its info-spectrum whose range encompasses both wacky races & wisdom, via often multifarious, conflicting or contradictory statements to flights of fancy & flat out guesswork. mostly sleuthing imo. but, hey, at least they're asking some real questions, doing some research, using their imagination(s) & questioning authoritah ! theres a whole host of these ppl firmly & sincerely committed to communicating to a growing audience what the effect this subject of ufos has on every f thing.

here's another ufo/politics vid from 2015:

that's a doozy. his geo-political history wrap ups are pretty amazing and concise. good speaker. lot's of big picture thoughts w/a historical perspective. his disclosure theory makes sense if you believe the alien technology part of it. it's an interesting listen. so much of the conspiracy side of it is just taken for granted as fact even when says "i don't know could be wrong". the petro dollars and russia/china/USA rivalry to control currency etc is fascinating to think about.  all the snark that's in grained with little quips about the media and stuff are a bit lame snark style of 'we're the cool conspiracy kids' vibe that happens sometimes and would make me nuts if i had to be around these people.

that being said it's an interesting world. he explains the who/what/when/where/why in pretty logical rational kind of way... if one buys into it all.  i think his education and training as a historian really pays off. 

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

that's a doozy.

? just love how he straight up calls out our 'invisible' corporate fascist state owned & run by the military industrial complex/fossil fool magnates/banking cartels. 

another weather balloon/more swamp gas :

tumblr_og0csjxpXo1uhrz3qo3_500.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 part podcast w/author:

A talk with religious scholar Diana Pasulka about UFOs, scientific believers, book encounters, elite cabals, studying weirdness, and her new book American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology (Oxford).

https://expandingmind.podbean.com/e/expanding-mind-–-american-cosmic-part-one/

https://expandingmind.podbean.com/e/expanding-mind-–-american-cosmic-part-2/

it's an interesting talk about the sort of 'religosity' of UFO people and UFO conferences etc. 

• Thanks 1