IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

^^^ lol an algorithm picked that for you? BTW duly noted for that documentary.

In terms of real mysteries, you guys ever hear about the "Wow" signal, where they found an potentially artificial signal ? And do you guys remember that news a while back about that anomalous star who's light was much dimmer than it should have been, and people were speculating on how it could potentially be a dyson sphere (even though it's probably a massive cloud of space dust or  an incredibly dense asteroid belt. 

Even though contact with aliens would likely spell either our doom, there's still this want to not be alone in the universe.

There's a recent(ish) Bob Lazar documentary out (Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers). It's pretty compelling tbh, think I believe him.

Was thinking about watching this with my buddy, we're both into this stuff.

Worth watching then eh

Yeah definitely worth a watch. It's well produced and balanced for the most part. Not a whole lot of sensationalist shit, more about the man himself and his experiences. He comes across very genuine imo.

There's a recent(ish) Bob Lazar documentary out (Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers). It's pretty compelling tbh, think I believe him.

Was thinking about watching this with my buddy, we're both into this stuff.

Worth watching then eh

Yeah definitely worth a watch. It's well produced and balanced for the most part. Not a whole lot of sensationalist shit, more about the man himself and his experiences. He comes across very genuine imo.
Dope. I'll put it on my to-do list Edited by yek

I believe him too, the fact that after 30 years he is still being harrassed by the FBI, NSA and other agencies while living miles away from Nevada is really meaningful. The documentary is nicely done but that Mickey Rourke narration is awful.

I believe him too, the fact that after 30 years he is still being harrassed by the FBI, NSA and other agencies while living miles away from Nevada is really meaningful. The documentary is nicely done but that Mickey Rourke narration is awful.

i think i watched that one.  i liked it. it's definitely one of the more legit ones

That article seems a bit silly as the main refutation of Lazar's claims is that they violate several laws of physics as its currently understood.

Well yeah, that's kind of the point... What he claims to have witnessed at S4 is technology that goes beyond our current understanding of physics. But even now there are experiments and research underway in areas that would very much tie in with Lazar's assertions, should they be proven - e.g. the White-Juday warp field interferometer at NASA's Eagleworks lab.

Also statements like the below:

"The fact that gravity is a wave has caused mainstream scientists to surmise numerous sub-atomic particles which don't actually exist and this has caused great complexity and confusion in the study of particle physics.

[As a particle physicist, I must say that I have NO IDEA what he is talking about here. Surmising particles that don't exist? I can't think of a single particle whose existence has been postulated as a result of gravitational theories. Perhaps the graviton is one, but that's about it.]"

So he says that he has "NO IDEA" (in capitals no less) what Lazar is talking about and "can't think of a single particle whose existence has been postulated as a result of gravitational theories"

Apart from the graviton, he concedes. So you can think of a single particle then. So what's the NO IDEA shtick about then?

There's also the Dilaton and various WIMPS that could be candidates for particles that carry the gravity force. And I found that out with a quick Wikipedia search.

So it seems it's the author of that article that is struggling to understand physics...

Edited by BCM

@ BCM: 

the thing is you can't expect to be taken seriously when your claims completely disregard and contradict theoritical models that have reached temporary consensus WITHOUT fully demonstrating your alternative theory.

what Lazar does is the equivalent of claiming that space-time is actually made of carrots... without demonstrating it. and you expect me to think that the guy knows something i don't, hence the seeming nonsense that is actually proof of superior knowledge? 

...And do you guys remember that news a while back about that anomalous star who's light was much dimmer than it should have been, and people were speculating on how it could potentially be a dyson sphere (even though it's probably a massive cloud of space dust or  an incredibly dense asteroid belt.

Tabby star

O3zZL3rhNZ-4.png

nice!

@ BCM: 

the thing is you can't expect to be taken seriously when your claims completely disregard and contradict theoritical models that have reached temporary consensus WITHOUT fully demonstrating your alternative theory.

what Lazar does is the equivalent of claiming that space-time is actually made of carrots... without demonstrating it. and you expect me to think that the guy knows something i don't, hence the seeming nonsense that is actually proof of superior knowledge? 

yup

So it seems it's the author of that article that is struggling to understand physics...

That doesn't mean anything Lazar said is right. It isn't, he's a loon. He's making shit up: see B Tregaskin's example^

Look lads, I don't give a shit really, I'm not on WATMM to defend Bob Lazar or something. The documentary is interesting, you should watch it. He comes across genuine and believable etc. It's not a topic I have any emotions about or way or the other to be honest. UFOs, no UFOs, I still have to go to work in the morning eh?

I didn't like the article Brian linked for the reasons I stated, but all points of view are valid and I'm not bothered either way.

Safe.

Edited by BCM

Lazar doesn't explain anything. He just says what he has seen and if he doesn't know something he admits it. Unlike a real con artist who always has an answer

Why is the title of this thread possessive?

UFO's what?  :psyduck:

lol. 

this is a common pet peeve on the internet.. people making 's on things.