IGNORED

Volca FM

Volca FM is really great. Building patches for it is a world to get lost into in itself.

Do you build patches onboard with the slider and param select knob??

Yes, with help from the card of the parameter and algorithm list that came with it. I read the DX7 manual to be familiar with what the parameters do for the most part. And a friend recommended this book to get even more familiar: http://www.burnkit2600.com/manuals/fm_theory_and_applications.pdf

If you focus on two operators at first, one carrier and one modulator, it's easier to imagine what is happening to the sound when playing with the parameters.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, if you want some lush FM, load up a 2 op ableton operator patch with looonng release time and assign a subtle lfo to only the modulator. You won't believe your ears. What's more, assign velocity to modulator volume.

Does volca fm have an lfo?

Man, if you want some lush FM, load up a 2 op ableton operator patch with looonng release time and assign a subtle lfo to only the modulator. You won't believe your ears. What's more, assign velocity to modulator volume.

Does volca fm have an lfo?

Yes, it does. 

Got the Volca FM earlier this week. Made this little ditty: https://soundcloud.com/colin-dyer/volca-fm-test-01

Really cool track ! I still have to dig into FM synthesis a bit further. Feels like I only scratched the surface of the Volca and there's so much more to be discovered within the little beast !

Archived