IGNORED

Soundcloud rumours

Psychotronic

I've found so much amazing music on SC. If it shuts down it'll be a huge disaster... to me.

+1. It's my main source for unbelievably good music.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found so much amazing music on SC. If it shuts down it'll be a huge disaster... to me.

+1. It's my main source for unbelievably good music.

Same here. I like that through my feed or related listens I can get some of the most weirdest and inspiring stuff, and I have absolutely no idea how to reach that otherwise. It's like a random music generator. And because I host my stuff on SC as well, I've paid for the Pro version for the last two years, I don't feel like I am freeloading here either.

it's over, dammit

I still have faith some large google'esque giant will step in and swallow soundcloud for sake of data hunger / youth-mind control. If not, fuck it, on to the next. Hope bandcamp will pimp up their site-customization game.  

The great refresh. All the users are still out here but it will shock a lot of them.

We honestly need a good wipe. I would be happy if YouTube and Instagram also got shutdown.

that's an interesting thought

Guest Chesney

It's a huge shame if it does disappear but I personally have never rated it. But I am lazy and want easy/automatic promotion not another social platform so... I'm not the ideal user anyway.

I'd be happy if people just realised that the internet is not making them happy and basically spent half the time on it.

It annoys me to see people walking the streets with their head constantly in a phone.

Right. We need to realize that the internet isn't leading us to greener pastures.

I was super hopeful about the platform from 2014-2015, but the endless scroll hive mind is finally looking like it's going to devour everything.

What are the alternatives? Especially as someone wanting to have private only streams as I'm sending stuff off to labels etc

Bandcamp, Dropbox

What are the alternatives? Especially as someone wanting to have private only streams as I'm sending stuff off to labels etc

Bandcamp, Dropbox
Didn't realise you could do that with bandcamp, forgot about Dropbox too. Cheers

Bandcamp, Dropbox
Didn't realise you could do that with bandcamp, forgot about Dropbox too. Cheers

https://hearthis.at/

I love the TechCrunch article originally reporting this, that states most of the tracks on SoundCloud are by "lower-quality independent artists".

hahaha

''most of the tracks'' by independent artists? of course. it's a numbers game!

''lower-quality independent artists''? lol morons! :facepalm

Now I'm getting ads after songs and the uploading seems to be fucked up. Tried to upload some demos today and only 2 out of 10 of them worked :confuzzled:

oh lol probably fired some network infrastructure people slightly too early

SC is fine and will go nowhere (as I suspected).  Chance the Rapper invested it appears.  Someone had to, I mean SC is fucking huge and hot.  Someone had to see the potential in it.

19989306_10154525009301786_8486979154783

[insert array of photographs of over-the-top Souncloud office spaces, kitchens, that job ad for a star chef for employees' dogs]

Archived