IGNORED

0F.digital new media thread

modey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. it has more creative substance than vaporwave which is just meta-meta-meta referential facsimiles of facsimiles disappearing up each others' asses. in a battle between dethwave and vaporwave, the former would decapitate the latter with a chaingun blast to the neck.

will be listening to this new EP asap.

• 2 weeks later...

some nice words from CDM

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2016/04/and-now-some-dreamy-music-made-with-tiny-machines/

came at a good time because I've been feeling a bit shit about my music lately!

in a battle between dethwave and vaporwave, the former would decapitate the latter with a chaingun blast to the neck.

I need to use this quote :D

some nice words from CDM

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2016/04/and-now-some-dreamy-music-made-with-tiny-machines/

came at a good time because I've been feeling a bit shit about my music lately!

in a battle between dethwave and vaporwave, the former would decapitate the latter with a chaingun blast to the neck.

I need to use this quote :D

Just came across this article and recognised the name. Nice one. Enjoyed the video.

• 1 month later...

no video for this one, but it's two live takes of nanoloop 2 smeared through my newly acquired Midiverb III

I love reverb so much

• 1 month later...

29 minute unedited session, 1x nanoloop 2.7.2 on a DS lite (less line noise than my game boy micros)

https://soundcloud.com/0f-digital/sttc_5-session

I may edit it down at some point, but I kinda like the oppressive length and meandering feel of the whole thing. Could possibly even be split into two tracks.

• 1 month later...

Streamed it on my phone this morning after getting out of work .

Bought a few beers an walked around all the redevelopment work going on behind Kings Cross/York Way. All giant unfinished buildings, 500ft tall cranes and concrete underpasses, it was ideal.

I was quite surprised when I put it on my phone 4real this evening that it's 1hr40min long, didn't feel that long at all.

A+ work dude.

(oh yeah, first half of last track was very Mark Fell. I probably would've been fooled, at least until the midway point)

Only listened to the first couple tracks last night, but they were very good. Much more movement than some of your previous stuff in this vein (I remember some of the weeklybeats tracks you did were almost meditative in how straightfoward they were). Going to have to listen to the rest of it this weekend, excellent so far :)

Streamed it on my phone this morning after getting out of work .

Bought a few beers an walked around all the redevelopment work going on behind Kings Cross/York Way. All giant unfinished buildings, 500ft tall cranes and concrete underpasses, it was ideal.

I was quite surprised when I put it on my phone 4real this evening that it's 1hr40min long, didn't feel that long at all.

A+ work dude.

(oh yeah, first half of last track was very Mark Fell. I probably would've been fooled, at least until the midway point)

Here's some pics I took on that first listening sesh

I70hGv3.jpg

8tOWK2l.jpg

jeoQrmO.jpg

RJ4Buxf.jpg

• 4 months later...

So, I got the STTC release on Friday so I could feel smug about the ACLU donation part and I think it's really nice.  But I have to be honest (and hope I don't sound like a dick) and say that the track lengths are pretty fearsome.  I enjoyed the sounds and patterns but the effort to listen to it all in one sitting means that I probably won't listen to it often.  But as it does sound so nice I ended up spending a few hours in Ableton cutting it up (and editing a wee bit) and turned it into a 29 track, 50 minute affair that I can put on random play in something of a Gescom MD style.  And now I'm digging it in every way possible.  I hope I don't offend you, but if it makes you feel better I did the same with the AE live stuff too.

Archived