modey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, thanks again! Someone asked me if I could make some art for them after I posted this on a facebook group, so I may actually start offering that service, if anyone wants some album art :D

Edited by modey

I like it. Agreed that the cover art is very snazzy, I guess it's kind of Blade Runner-ish.

Your music usually has a prog vibe, I like how different this is. Sounds a bit like stuff I have heard on big club sound systems in Seattle, it blows my mind that this is nanoloop

Edited by ganus

wow, thanks again! Someone asked me if I could make some art for them after I posted this on a facebook group, so I may actually start offering that service, if anyone wants some album art :D

Fantastic man! When im back on my feet with funds, I'd definitely be interested in hiring you on for a project (:

thanks guys!

you need to do more of this. this has potential. would you consider forwarding this stuff to any labels?

yeah, I've considered it, but I don't know of any labels who are small enough to put my stuff out. I've sent to a few, including some chip labels, but haven't had any replies. I guess I'm too chippy for minimal tech labels and not obviously chippy enough for chip labels..?

in fact, my original idea was to only release 0F.digital music if a label wanted to release it. However, with weekly beats came the desire to just get my stuff out there, and for free for those who don't want to/can't pay. Plus, I think it's just getting obvious that I don't really belong on a label anyway, the only reason I'd want to be on a label would be for exposure or to release a record or something.. but I think there may not really be a big enough market for the stuff that I'm writing.

regardless, I'm just gonna keep pumping this stuff out until I'm bored with it. As long as I can get the chance to play this stuff at shows with good systems every now and then, I'll be happy.

Edited by modey

Guest bitroast

been digging this alot !!

also really enjoyed the nanodisco album (which is worth checking if you are enjoying this ep) but the pacing of this ep (for me!!!) is a a tad more poifect and well suited to the style of the tunes. 8^) 8^)

also, agreeing with the "more pls" comments.

thanks guys! More coming soon, maybe even in the next few days, as I have a few videos to create for someone, and the tracks in those videos could possibly end up on a release :D

Edited by modey

I covered Ministry for a crazy series of compilations putting covers together from every album from With Sympathy to Filth Pig. Here's my first cover, made using nanoloop 2.7.8 and vocals.

I covered Ministry for a crazy series of compilations putting covers together from every album from With Sympathy to Filth Pig. Here's my first cover, made using nanoloop 2.7.8 and vocals.

Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Soloman Tump
      I am starting a new radio show, the first episode is tonight, 9pm GMT via https://soundartradio.org.uk/
      "The Tump Clump" is just an hour, once a month, of mainly new music I have discovered from all over the place.
      A mix of vinyl / digital and me chattering.  
      Taking in noise, drone, improv, experimental, industrial, techno and even some sludge drone metal stuff this time.  Basically, my usual melting pot (if anyone has read my zines its like that)
      This was recorded in my shed.  Due to covid restrictions still in place - live broadcasting is not possible for everyone yet from the real studios.   I recorded it live in one take and you can tell as I fluff up a few times and my vocals are quiet / mashed a bit with the vox I added.  Hey ho.  A learning experience.  The music is the key.
      From the studios I plan to do live vinyl mixes plus I want to do a live techno/noise jam with my hardware.
      And I am allowed phone interviews too if anyone fancies it - lol - no swearing tho.
      Artwork by the fantastic blackcloudsummoner - I feature one of the collaborative tracks with Territorial Gobbing under the WET MIRROR name.
      Always looking for new tunes to play in future shows so HMU.
      Shows will go up on Mixcloud after - Ill stick links up here after.

Cheers

Soloman Tump

• By Rubin Farr
      Not only are Wax Trax! selling a new version of Coil's LSD, but they have reprinted a lot of their classic t-shirts, as well as old CD & vinyl stock, blu-rays & DVDs, stickers, posters, etc:
      http://waxtraxchicago.bigcartel.com/?_ga=2.265485517.391786476.1619874225-1145331018.1619874225
    • By dcom
      Some very Caustic Window/AFXy type distorted bangers in there.
    • By d-a-m-o
      https://seagrave.bandcamp.com/album/strange-days
      Another great release from Seagrave.
      Having chatted a great deal with ETCH about general attitudes towards art and music, we invited him to describe his brilliant new album in his own words:

"So, the 1995 film ‘Strange Days’… I’m sometimes surprised how much that film is a reality now. ‘Strange Days’ is also my favourite song by The Doors. I reference Jim Morrison’s lyrics quite a lot, it's something I definitely like to show loud and proud. He's a hero to me, i.e. my track ‘Monochromatic Wilderness Of Pain’ is a reference to his lyrics in 'The End': "lost in a Roman wilderness of pain / And all the children are insane / all the children are insane / waiting for the summer rain”. But the track fit those words sonically and visually when put through a spectrometer… also the fact that the sequence was being controlled by a sequencer I built, but made the timing integers off by like 0.7, so it's like making the structure fuck itself up.

‘Man With The Other Face’ is an homage to some of my favourite iconic horror characters like Buffalo Bill, Leatherface, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers. I don't want this album project to be seen as one that evokes positivity. It has its moments of clarity and euphoria, but my first record was recorded over quite a positive period and a lot of the tracks on it are warm and nostalgic feeling, whereas ‘Strange Days’ is quite the opposite: A lot of the tracks are cold and hard edged and all the tracks have been produced in an uncertain and quite downcast period of time for me. I’m not saying it's pure depression nor is it supposed to make the listener feel uncomfortable or anything overtly negative, but it's certainly not a ‘hands in the air’ kind of project. There’s certain things in there that are almost therapeutic to me in their release and that track is definitely a stand out where I came up with the track title halfway through making it. It's also one of the few tracks I programmed live using my Native Instruments 'Maschine' like an MPC, so it has slip-ups that are more human than robotic like the rest of the record. It was a bust of raw emotion.

I love the imagery for the album art, which gives it a bit of a 2000AD comic kind of vibe. Some of my uncle’s 2000AD strips look a lot like that. I also really liked the cover of the most recent Boards Of Canada album where it's a view from the desert of San Francisco but they made San Francisco translucent so it's almost like the ghost of a city, which is also another loose theme of this record. To put it bluntly, I often feel like Brighton is a ghost town now. Not just because of COVID, but the music scene has deteriorated into nothingness since 2011 or so. Even the hip-hop scene which was huge here is gone essentially. All those amazing AROE graff pieces have been built over and he does shitty commissions on student houses now lol." - ETCH 
    • By dcom
      Boris Divider has progressed from simple yet pure electro to more abstract forms of electronic music on Artificial Domain, and now expands his sound sculpting to Propaganda Moscow with a tiny bit more rhythmic EP. Highly recommended.