IGNORED

Blaž - Don't Listen To This

Dpek

Hello! On 17th march I'll release my new LP on Beton Records called "Don't Listen To This". Today came the first single, which you can listen to here:

Cover_small.jpg

I'll update this thread as new shit comes.

Hope you enjoy the single and will enjoy the full-length once it comes :)

Blaž

No of course I don't mind, I use a 5-year old mic I bought for 100 eu, M-Audio Producer USB:

s-l225.jpg

Cheap but effective.

But I just recently bought Oktava Mk 012-01 MSP2 Matched Pair, so I'm curious about how it'll hold up! I'm using them for the first time this weekend to record the last song for this release :)

kinda feels like late 90s bjork but with those modern style slowed-down rap vocals. neat!

i like the cover. simultaneously looks like fruit, ears, and an alien's sex organs

Yeah, that's what we were going for, well, the first concept was "let's make ears that want to hide from sight" but it evolved into this. I also like apples, don't know why, I even published a poetry collection in 2011 called "You Can Be An Apple", still don't know why this title.

sounds great as usual dpek, very detailed production that never stays in one place too long but still feels like a cohesive song where everything works together at the end of the day. in terms of sound design and making things sound fresh you've always been one of the best on this forum at that. i actually don't think you could improve on this aspect any more, you're pretty much spot on with it. :music:

Maaan, as much as I really appreciate your compliments :emb: I have to disagree and say that there is ALWAYS room for improvement!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright folks, the date is almost due, so here's the second single :) This one is called DROGA, but you have to figure it out for yourselves why it's called that:

Alright folks, the date is almost due, so here's the second single :) This one is called DROGA, but you have to figure it out for yourselves why it's called that:

cause it feels like you're on drogas? :doge:

Yes.

really love how it starts, not sure about what goes in between but i love it again @2:00...

not quite fond of the edbangers parts... :doge:

Fair enough, it is quite a contrast! But I'm getting more and more in love with progressing a theme into its extreme and back, even tho I can imagine it can get a bit all over the map for the listener. Thanks for listening of course :)

Super cool. Sounds are really captivating. I love all the live recording and the song progresses in a really original way and works really well. Can't wait to hear more. Im brand new hear. So when people post again in threads im a notified in my email. So that I can stay up to date when new tracks come out?

So, here's the official video for Friendzone. It's quite simple, one-shot, no bullshit and this is my official statement about it: "I’ve been in a young-old relationship for a few years now and I’ve found that most people don’t understand it, so we made a video for you to take a good look at it." Enjoy!

The album is OUT! Available for a free download (or more) or as a CD for 7 eu (or more) right HERE:

https://blazh.bandcamp.com/album/dont-listen-to-this

If any mod reads this, could you please post this link in the original post, so people won't have to scroll down :)

Thank you anyone who downloads/buys this as I'm doing this for all y'all to listen to it! Even tho the title of the album says otherwise.

Enjoy!

This is great, AOTY material. My only gripe is that it's a little short, although with the attention to detail, I appreciate how concise each track is. But yeah, I'd be into some outtakes if there are any.

What were some of your influences making this? Some parts remind me of Thriftworks, but more IDM. I'd love to hear you produce for someone like Kendrick or Chance the Rapper, Cloudboy would make a great instrumental.

My ears appreciate the creativity and freshness, and the beautiful mastering and recording; very good ear food, thanx

Thank you, ganus! Don't know if it's smart to proclaim something AOTY since this is only the beginning of 2016 but I appreciate the compliment very much :) Huh, about influences... This album is probably a bit old-school influenced, something like AFX and Clark, nothing fancy. But I listen to a lot of shit, I really liked Death Grips in 2014 so I guess it somehow dripped into these songs... Also and I shit you not, Brian Wilson (song Friendzone).

Yeah, there are some outtakes but I'm saving them for a future release :)

And I also produced a rap album for the best alternative rap artist from Slovenia, I'll post it on WATMM once it's released. Rapper is N'toko, check him out here:

Oh yeah, I definitely hear some Clark now you mention it. Well, I'm looking forward to more. I'm not saying this IS album of the year, I just know it's going to get a lot of play time.

Guest WNS000

Very nice production and some clever moments in composition. I also appreciate the mic work and original sound design. It (electronic music) gets that much needed personality.

Not exactly my cup of coffee style-wise but I can hear a developed taste and hard work in it.

Thumbs up!

Sounds very professional, both composition and productionwise. Indeed a bit soon to call AOTY but it's without a doubt one of the best albums I've heard this year!

P.S.: artwork is damn neato

Thank you! Otherwise I got a feeling that some of you missed the link to full album, which is buried somewhere in the middle of this thread and only listen to/comment the first single in the first post, so I'll share it again - this time on Soundcloud and Youtube:

Archived