IGNORED

Europa League 2015-16

chenGOD

Clearly the superior competition this year. Who's going to take it? Clearly not us, lol.

I actually rate Spurs in this one. But you'll face some tough competition in the likes of Dortmund and Sevilla (who are in great form at the moment).

Although now that Valencia have their first win under Gary Neville, I expect them to take La Liga and the Europa. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy we won, but let's be fair, it's a Danish side that's been around for a minute. Still, at least we showed some horniness.

Depay was filthy all match, let's hope it boosts his confidence. Apparently he's had a chest hair transfusion from Ryan Giggs.

And hey, we found a striker. Lol, in all seriousness though, Rashford looks like he has the makings of a decent striker. Good sense of where the ball is going to be, and he actually gets in the box.

Anyhow well done lads, lets hope we draw valencia in the next round.

I can't see anyone who could beat Dortmund at the moment. Maybe one of the Spanish clubs.

one of their previous bosses might have a decent chance of getting one over on them surely?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see anyone who could beat Dortmund at the moment. Maybe one of the Spanish clubs.

one of their previous bosses might have a decent chance of getting one over on them surely?

Yesterday's Der Klassiker ended up with 0:0. Dortmund controlled Bayern in every aspect the entire 90mins. You really think Liverpool will be better than Bayern and will beat Dortmund in Europa League?

Yesterday's Der Klassiker ended up with 0:0. Dortmund controlled Bayern in every aspect the entire 90mins. You really think Liverpool will be better than Bayern and will beat Dortmund in Europa League?

Sure, why not? Bayern haven't been at their best since Pep announced he was leaving for sure, and given their lead in the league it was easy for them to not fight as hard. Dortmund have done well to get back into the race though, they're a good team no doubt. The German league isn't the strongest though overall either, and we're in good form at the moment. Also, it's pretty dumb to compare the result in one game and try and use it predict the result in another game, even comparing the same teams such a comparison is pretty meaningless, never mind different teams.

Men against boys out there tonight, lucky for United it was only 2-0, we should've been 3 up at the end of the first half. How Fellaini never gets sent off against us is a mystery, has deserved a red in pretty much every game, looks like he'll get a retrospective ban at least this time.

Credit to Liverpool. Played very well, lots of desire.

Think LVG got everything wrong tonight, no cohesion in the squad at all. We were better in the first 20 minutes or so of the second half until Klopp wised up and went to that false 9 system. You lot just wanted it more - there was no horniness from our side. Carrick giving it away for that goal was awful - although why the fuck LVG put him in as a CB is a mystery. The thing that killed it for me though was in the lead up to that, Memphis gave the ball away, and then you see him fucking jogging back. Jogging. For fucks sake.

Thought the ref was not very good, too quick with the yellows, called some soft ones for both sides.

Also flol at that gif. just about sums it up.

edit - actually this sums it up

ycTdarI.jpg

Think you'll probably nick it 1-0 next week.

The Dortmund - whoever (one of the spanish sides most likely) final is going to be tasty.

Good analysis by those three:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5NnTncquPE

United made a bit more of an effort tonight I suppose, thought we were still comfortably the better side though. I can't see us winning the thing if we keep squandering so many guilt-edged chances, should've had 2-3 more again tonight, Sturridge has the games under his belt since coming back now, he really needs to click into gear again - when he's at his best he's as good as anyone.

At least we played today. If we'd played like we did in the first half and some of the second half over both legs of the tie, it would have been a different story. Good lord we need an experienced striker. Rashford has quality to be sure, but he's 18. Martial is barely 20. That goal by Coutinho killed it. The timing of it was just awful for us. Well taken by Coutino (by far your most dangerous player on the night), dunno what the fuck Varela was doing on defense though. Sakho was a monster for you lot.

Archived