IGNORED

Europa League 2015-16

chenGOD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should've put the tie to bed last night, good performance, created the better chances, mignolet wasn't tested. obviously we have the advantage now, but I don't expect Dortmund's forwards will be as bad next week (though a lot of that was down to how brilliant Lovren and Sakho were, so who knows). could still go either way.

Sakho was a beast again. I thought Dortmund edged you lot in the second half, but they were poor going forward. Credit to your pressing.

Second leg will be another belter I'm sure.

I thought Dortmund edged you lot in the second half, but they were poor going forward.

nah, they had more of the ball, but did fuck all with it. we were happy to soak it up and hit them on the break, or have origi hold it up. we still created the better chances in the second half.

Except of course for the goal they scored. I swear you Liverpool fans are delusional, can't even take a compliment properly.

not a compliment, was a factual inaccuracy, scoring from a set piece doesn't change that.

They out-possessed you, outshot you and had more shots on target.

They had greater pass accuracy with more passes and they definitely created the better chances.

You had that one burst of a few shots in a row on the Dortmund goal and that was it.

Delusional it is then. Ah well next year is your year right?

They out-possessed you, outshot you and had more shots on target.

They had greater pass accuracy with more passes and they definitely created the better chances.

You had that one burst of a few shots in a row on the Dortmund goal and that was it.

Delusional it is then. Ah well next year is your year right?

shots on target that dribble into the keeper's arms don't count (and they only had one more than we did anyway), neither do tame efforts from outside the box (they had twice as many of them than we did, they ran out of ideas pretty quickly in the 2nd half). they definitely did not create the better chances, aside from the goal they created nothing of note at all in the second half (sakho (? or lovern) made a wonderful last gasp block in the first half, that was what I would class as a good chance from them), weidenfeller made three good saves in the second half (he had a good game, he's usually pretty shite), and the number of times we got in behind their defence in general was higher.

also, despite the fact that they had greater possession overall, we had the same % in the final third each, most of their possession was useless shit in the middle third. this was a result of our tactics (we had more long balls and more offsides), it doesn't count in their favour.

shite so far, mirror image of the previous leg, with them being a bit more clinical than we were. I was right to think their forward line wouldn't be as shit this time around. Doesn't look likely we'll score three without reply second half.

we were brilliant going forward in the second half, though it had looked like we'd ran out of ideas and legs in the last five minutes. quick thinking on the FK though, and a bit of magic from Sturridge followed by a great cross from Milner (who's set piece delivery all night had been shocking). istanbul-lite.

jesus. what a match. great heart by Liverpool and excellent managing by Klopp.

'pool fans should give Sakho whatever the fuck he wants. Every first born child for the next year? hand them over.

Origi is going to be an absolute monster next season. He's great right now, but if he keeps this up, next season he will crush.

Can't understand Dortmund's tactics in this match - should have pressed more. Also should have kept attacking Clyne - he's so susceptible to being dragged inside and allowing that outside-in run to get behind him.

Still, scouse in with a real shout now.

jesus. what a match. great heart by Liverpool and excellent managing by Klopp.

'pool fans should give Sakho whatever the fuck he wants. Every first born child for the next year? hand them over.

Origi is going to be an absolute monster next season. He's great right now, but if he keeps this up, next season he will crush.

Can't understand Dortmund's tactics in this match - should have pressed more. Also should have kept attacking Clyne - he's so susceptible to being dragged inside and allowing that outside-in run to get behind him.

Still, scouse in with a real shout now.

Sakho was at fault for two of their goals, so it was good he made amends. he's been a bit hit and miss since he came back from injury, he was mostly pretty good aside from the two cock ups though.

agreed on Origi, he's really stepped it up in the last few weeks, he's a real specimen as well, hard to believe he's only 20/21. he was voted Ligue 1's worst player last season or something!

I thought Dortmund's pressing was brilliant for most of the game, made it really difficult in the first half in particular, their two subs were a bit puzzling though, and after that they sat off a bit more and were more into clearing their lines than pressing, but it did seem to be working as well, as we were running out of steam in the final minutes of the game, if it wasn't for that clever set piece I didn't see us scoring from open play again. we definitely needed a bit of luck, though Hummels should've been sent off for a 2nd yellow after he pulled down Origi, we might've had it a bit easier if the ref had spotted that.

Caze - i was also referring to Sakho's performance in the tie against us, and the first leg against Dortmund. He was a monster defender in all three of those matches.

This week i'd say CL pipped EL - the atletico-barca game was mental, and so was watching Ronaldo put Madrid on his back.

Another huge tie for Liverpool. Haven't seen much of Villareal this season, but what I have seen has been very good. More organized than Dortmund, but probably less talented. Though their front pair is in massive form right now.

The Shakhtar - Sevilla tie will be massive as well. Sevilla playing like shit in La Liga, trying for their third straight EL win. Amazeballs.

Possibility for all spanish final in both EL and CL - mmm dat coefficient tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thought the scouse were a bit hard done by - Villareal were the btter side - marginally. Second half was more even, but a nil-nil would have been a fair result. Just undone at the end.

Klopp got it a bit wrong I think, once Coutinho went off. Should have put on Benteke and Sturridge for the last 25 minutes and seen what they could have done. Still, you have a good chance of progressing.

Well that was pretty comprehensive, outplayed them from start to finish, though they did have a few chances on the counter and Mignolet has had to make a couple of decent saves, like he did in the previous game. One game away from a very pleasing season for LFC.

Can was a monster btw, amazing how quick he came back from what seemed like a fairly serious injury, and it looked like he hadn't been away at all, hard to believe he's still only 22.

The front three were a nightmare for the Villarreal defence all night as well, Sturridge fluffed his chances a bit - could've scored three or four, but still managed to have a hand in all three goals. Lallana's pressing was tireless, deserved his goal too. Some of the skills on display from Firmino were outstanding as well.

Can was vital. Made all the difference in your midfield. A good game by Liverpool. Shame about the stupidity of Ruiz, and the ref missed a clear pen for Villareal.

2-1 would have been a very different proposition.

Should be a cracking final. Both teams know how to score bags of goals.

Can was vital. Made all the difference in your midfield. A good game by Liverpool. Shame about the stupidity of Ruiz, and the ref missed a clear pen for Villareal.

You mean the blatant dive that should've resulted in a yellow card?

Archived