IGNORED

FOOTWORK

KovalainenFanBoy

• 2 weeks later...

can you guys explain to me what trap music is? i'm really confused. to me it seems like shitty footwork that white girls in BK talk about when they talk about music that is not wiz khalifa or w/e

can you guys explain to me what trap music is? i'm really confused. to me it seems like shitty footwork that white girls in BK talk about when they talk about music that is not wiz khalifa or w/e

Trap is Gucci Mane, Future et al.

Your white girls are lost.

I'm out of the loop on when it got big, it seems to range from middle of the road electronic like Flume to straight up stupid shit like [insert EDM festival star here]. I hear it in commercials now even. Perhaps Baauer's viral fame was the tipping point. Mad Decent seemed to promote it a lot, and likewise Hudmo and guys like that (who Kanye name checked/recruited) seem to help legitimize it. Not the gothy post-witch house stuff though, that's back to being closer to grime and whatever Tri Angle records seems to put out.

So in other words it's just like area instrumental club music basically, less wacky than dubstep/brostep, way less complicated than footwork, less pretentious and subtle than grime or future bass, and less dull than trance and prog house.

• 6 months later...

if u guys can help me find any of the tracks on this vid i'll b very happy, especially tracks @4:40, and 7:40.

reposting this, maybe as the months have passed someone may know what these are.. the last track here is sooo intense I want it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

And some good trax... cant find a lot of my discoveries from this year on SC or youtube unfortunately. I've been buying tracks off of DJ Rome via email, lol. Also look for the "CRACK" compilations if you havent. Lots of 07-10 footwork ala Bangs N Works.

https://m.soundcloud.com/iamdjro/4-i-cant-believe

https://m.soundcloud.com/dj-rome-6/dj-rome-yall17

• 2 weeks later...

DJ Rome put up a bunch of fresh tracks on Bandcamp. A lot of these are favorites of mine from the trax I've been buying from him.

https://aeronema.bandcamp.com/album/dj-rome-footwork-heat

Good shit! If you don't know, Rome is a Chicago producer and was on the Bangs n Works series.