IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - Yuo're Life EP

Hail Sagan

lol

"As played by Aphex Twin in Texas."

"Swedish producer Rolando Simmons makes tracks that would have been right at home on Richard D. James’ Rephlex imprint if it was still going, but Aphex Twin is a fan still, and you’ll instantly see why. The similarities and influence is prominent, squelching acid basslines, pristine percussion and floating oddities. A must for Aphex fans."

Yeah. I know they probably mean well, but stuff like this makes me feel sort strangely ashamed. Am I one of "those"?!!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. It's quite banal and shameless on their side, but their job is to sell records and (unfortunately) this seems to work very well. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

"Swedish producer Rolando Simmons makes tracks that would have been right at home on Richard D. James’ Rephlex imprint if it was still going, but Aphex Twin is a fan still, and you’ll instantly see why. The similarities and influence is prominent, squelching acid basslines, pristine percussion and floating oddities. A must for Aphex fans."

Yeah. I know they probably mean well, but stuff like this makes me feel sort strangely ashamed. Am I one of "those"?!!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. It's quite banal and shameless on their side, but their job is to sell records and (unfortunately) this seems to work very well. 

I was disappointed as well, because that description is very Boomkat-esque.  They're not usually like that, but hey ho.  

Nevertheless, bought a copy because apparently it sounds like Aphex Twin. :cisfor: 

lol

I'm late to the party here, but Song of Susannah is fucking dope.

:cattears:  :catnope:

Could be worse :) Doesn't worry me for long to be honest. And I'm VERY grateful that they're stocking my goods.

There's a lot to be said about this and tangental topics, but I'll save that for any future interview so it'll make me look very smart.

all of the orders that went out will have one (including the ones to norman). i wouldn't hype it up too much, though, otherwise you'll just be let down as it was mostly just a tiny bit of pointless fun for me to toss something in to make each order unique.

anyway, i sincerely appreciate all of the interest & support from everyone here, this whole thing has been such a crazy experience. & a super special thanks to Mr. Ö for entrusting me with the task of solidifying these beautiful waves into a physical object. i hope you all enjoy it :)

oh and please feel free contact me thru bandcamp if you have any troubles w/ your order or for any other reason. thanks again!

Could be worse :) Doesn't worry me for long to be honest. And I'm VERY grateful that they're stocking my goods.

There's a lot to be said about this and tangental topics, but I'll save that for any future interview so it'll make me look very smart.

I am just fucking tickled pink that you are contributing to this thread dude. Thank you for yuo're music and you'r words :)

Speaking of which, might i ask what inspired the track titles like that? Without impeding any future interview material, of course

Does the album art have anything to do with Stephen King's Dark Tower novels?

yes, in a dreamy stream of conciousness sort of way. I was reading through the dark tower novels when I made the tracks and artwork.

What I read often colours anything else I happen to be doing at the time, and I'm a big Stephen King fan. Right now I'm reading 'Baudolino'

by Umberto Eco.

I am just fucking tickled pink that you are contributing to this thread dude. Thank you for yuo're music and you'r words :)

Speaking of which, might i ask what inspired the track titles like that? Without impeding any future interview material, of course

Well thank YOU :-) i've gotten sort of busy lately and haven't had much time to browse watmm but i'm ever present.

About the titles;

Yuo're life you'r tsois - was sprayed on a wall in tornio, finland. we loved it and it stuck :)

Axis of Evil - refers to the mysterious cosmological alignment, not actual evil or world politics

Harvest Feast - track was made during a yearly village harvest happening. cozy self-reminder.

Wifeys lush pingu plush - someone here named it - or gave me the idea.. show yourself :)

Dreamwave - no idea, probably original working title

Sól - daughter of Mundilfare and Natt. Nordic mythology.

Cinnamon tea - this track smells a bit like cinnamon. Part 2 is Smiley moon on the analogical force comp.

Balls, I forgot to order the 12" from Norman and it's already sold out. Anyone got one spare they'd wanna sell me? (UK)

Balls, I forgot to order the 12" from Norman and it's already sold out. Anyone got one spare they'd wanna sell me? (UK)

It arrived and it looks immaculate. 

also, don't get excited over the little, mystical gift.

I got a miniature tarot card, googled it and it's "the 8 of pentacles". apparently it means a period of hard work lies ahead, for better or worse. all I wanted was a Rolando Simmons album and now I gotta work a bunch of overtime or some shit.

pents08.jpg

thanks a lot asshole. jk.

Mine arrived today too!

I got the Two of Wands.

1f1b2a31da8d37157635076650c9ba50.jpg

Most often, the Two of Wands card means courage and daring. It has the message of striking out on a journey or new path.

The time is right to be bold and creative. If you are in a moment of doubt, this card tells you to make your move. You have the power in your hands; now is the time to find courage to use it.

It arrived and it looks immaculate.

also, don't get excited over the little, mystical gift.

I got a miniature tarot card, googled it and it's "the 8 of pentacles". apparently it means a period of hard work lies ahead, for better or worse. all I wanted was a Rolando Simmons album and now I gotta work a bunch of overtime or some shit.

pents08.jpg

thanks a lot asshole. jk.

Looool!

Never even noticed the Dark Tower references in the cover art til I looked up close. Adds another layer of awesomeness to this music coming from a fellow Stephen King nerd...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived