Rolando Simmons - Yuo're Life EP

Hail Sagan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Hoping this gets a Physical Release I was flogging the title track this weekend

Just checked Rolando's soundcloud hoping for a new track and it looks like the "Yuo're Life" EP is getting a vinyl release w/ 2 new songs AND mastering courtesy of Melograf (Ochre) and some other guy named Jonas.

Hoping this gets a Physical Release I was flogging the title track this weekend

Just checked Rolando's soundcloud hoping for a new track and it looks like the "Yuo're Life" EP is getting a vinyl release w/ 2 new songs AND mastering courtesy of Melograf (Ochre) and some other guy named Jonas.

*salivates wildly*

Wow! Always great to have more RS physical releases. I think I have pretty much all he's released, as I love everything he does...he just always seems to hit the right groove.... so def getting this....but shipping is really painful...ouch!! Still bought it though and awaiting its release with great anticipation!

Wow! Always great to have more RS physical releases. I think I have pretty much all he's released, as I love everything he does...he just always seems to hit the right groove.... so def getting this....but shipping is really painful...ouch!! Still bought it though and awaiting its release with great anticipation!

Just grabbed it and it says something about the first 50 orders or so getting something extra for their troubles.

Still psyched to hear the new tracks and how things sound with Ochre involved in the remastering. I don't think he mastered anything for the original band camp release. 

Just grabbed it and it says something about the first 50 orders or so getting something extra for their troubles.

Still psyched to hear the new tracks and how things sound with Ochre involved in the remastering. I don't think he mastered anything for the original band camp release. 

Link for the physical? I'm not finding it   =(

ooooo found it found it! http://yuore.life/

RE the shipping expense. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? I didn't find it expensive. It said my total was $24 USD including shipping. Am I reading that wrong? Vinyl + shipping for $24 seems normal. 

Link for the physical? I'm not finding it   =(

ooooo found it found it! http://yuore.life/

RE the shipping expense. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? I didn't find it expensive. It said my total was $24 USD including shipping. Am I reading that wrong? Vinyl + shipping for $24 seems normal. 

Yeah, cost me $24 too. But we're both in North America. Maybe it's different for people in the UK and elsewhere. Rolando is from Sweden though so who knows where this thing is being pressed/shipped from.

I didn't see anything mentioned. Also, I was wondering if we might get a download at some point. I'm really curious to hear the new songs.

Here's some info at least; these will ship from the US initially, but they're looking for a EU distributor that can handle the rest of the batch.

I'm going to talk to some dudes about it next week. There will be digital download codes for people who purchase the 12" that will feature the extra tracks. Some time after the physical run has ended I'll make them available for all, somehow.

The title track is mastered by Jonas at Caoutchou and the other tracks by Christopher at Melograf. All tracks except the title track have been

re-recorded in 24 bit for the pre masters (wasn't able to do 24 before - it's been fixed) and they sound very good and clear now.

lol

"As played by Aphex Twin in Texas."

"Swedish producer Rolando Simmons makes tracks that would have been right at home on Richard D. James’ Rephlex imprint if it was still going, but Aphex Twin is a fan still, and you’ll instantly see why. The similarities and influence is prominent, squelching acid basslines, pristine percussion and floating oddities. A must for Aphex fans."

lol

"As played by Aphex Twin in Texas."

"Swedish producer Rolando Simmons makes tracks that would have been right at home on Richard D. James’ Rephlex imprint if it was still going, but Aphex Twin is a fan still, and you’ll instantly see why. The similarities and influence is prominent, squelching acid basslines, pristine percussion and floating oddities. A must for Aphex fans."

Yeah. I know they probably mean well, but stuff like this makes me feel sort strangely ashamed. Am I one of "those"?!!

You have nothing to feel ashamed of.  You are rocking it right now.  The fact the man himself enjoys your work enough to feature it in a set is validation in itself.  I don't think he would be doing that if he couldn't see, like many of us here see, the magnitude of your chops. 

Well done.  I feel strangely proud of someone i never met.

edit: unless he also played some Brainwaltzera , in which case you are doomed :P

Archived