IGNORED

What is your favourite Erik Satie collection ?

Test Fforet

Hey,

so for years now I just have got "Erik Satie - The early piano works (Reinbert de Leeuw)

I like it quite much but it is a VBR release I got via Soulseek ages ago (I can't hear the difference between 320kbps-Braindance and FLAC-Braindance, but with single piano hits I really hear the difference)

So as I'm now searching for a new decent collection to buy and as there is a lot of them on the market, I would like to hear WATMM's favourite.

So what's your fav Erik Satie Collection and why ?

This one https://www.discogs.com/Erik-Satie-Bojan-Gori%C5%A1ek-Richard-Cameron-Wolfe-Musique-De-La-Rose-Croix-Pages-Mystiques-USPUD/release/3272571

R-3272571-1323362880.jpeg.jpg

It's a bit more off the beaten path (and all the obvious stuff you can listen to on youtube or whatever)

Some nice abstract pieces in there. The first three are fairly majestic and there's a nice long excerpt of Vexations (for when you're not up for the full 18+ hours).

Also I love the cover.

thanks for the recommendation

Satie Slowly by Philip Corner is pretty special.

i first thought he would play satie stuff really slowly, haha. then I realised it dcontain the "slow" satie pieces. but nevertheless I liked it

thanks

Aldo Ciccolini

Aldo Ciccolini

+1

Everything else sounds wrong.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/satie-%C5uvres-pour-piano-mw0001802340

I also asked a few grandpa's at SeekersOfTheSouls which one they would recommend and this was always the answer.

So I ordered the 5cdBox which arrived today and I really like Ciccollini's fingerworks.

Thank you all

yeah but it has to be the original Ciccolini's.. with the sleeve by Picasso.

The cd box got the picasso picture, I hope I didnt lost street credibility for not buying the vinyl. haha,

I dont care anyway much about the vinyl and analogue synth revival, it is cool, but I like it digital

(after I converted the album on my P-to-the-C I dont need the cd box anymore. if anyone wants the plastic box

just drop me a pm)

Guest bitroast

this thread is very relevant to my interests. downloaded some collection off slsk or something and really hate how its performed / recorded compared to what im familiar with from youtube. unfort i have no suggestions but will keep eyes on thread :):)

Guest igloos unlmtd

yeah but it has to be the original Ciccolini's.. with the sleeve by Picasso.

The cd box got the picasso picture, I hope I didnt lost street credibility for not buying the vinyl. haha,

I dont care anyway much about the vinyl and analogue synth revival, it is cool, but I like it digital

(after I converted the album on my P-to-the-C I dont need the cd box anymore. if anyone wants the plastic box

just drop me a pm)

Not about digital vs analog.. I would prefer to have high quality digital myself (24bit) but I'm not sure the original recordings were ever put on CD. I have the recordings that you have & they are beautiful but aren't quite as emotive & flowing as the original vinyls. They are quite cheap & common though & you should give them a listen if you are serious about Satie.

Archived