IGNORED

Mark Pritchard - Under the Sun LP

So I like every track on this, but I'm not quite sure the vocal tracks work in context of the album. In particular the Bibio one. It's absolutely beautiful, but it doesn't occupy the same exploratory landscape as the bulk of the album for me. Similarly, the artwork is utterly stunning, but it seems to look more 'digital' than some of the very 1970s sounds on here suggest.

Minor quibbles aside, this really is a beautiful record. Going to be an absolute pleasure gradually getting to know it over a bunch of listens.

Im going to go see this at some point this weekend. Will report back how it is :)

http://nyc.redbullmusicacademy.com/events/mark-pritchard-jonathan-zawada-under-the-sun

No idea what the audio visual experience entails, but if its at all like the artwork, should be in for a treat. I love the the art, this image always reminds me of Myst / Riven

pritchard.jpg

Riven_Coverart.png

Edited by Marked x 0ne

• 4 weeks later...

Also, when listening digitally I've added 3/4 heart, Marks Balil cover, right before cycles of 9 and his Now:Now track after under the sun/before the Japan only bonus track.

• 2 weeks later...

Never got into Bibio, but Give it Your Choir is just incred.

Same here, it is actually my fav track on this album. I picked up the 12" of Make a Livin' and was then hugely disappointed with this album.

Never got into Bibio, but Give it Your Choir is just incred.

Same here, it is actually my fav track on this album. I picked up the 12" of Make a Livin' and was then hugely disappointed with this album.

Mark has different styles, this is a headphones album, Livin' was a club-oriented release.

Bibio is worth a listen, give Mind Bokeh a shot, it's less folky more electronic and funky.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just getting into this release, really it's amazing.

Where can i get the extra tracks if i've already purchased the regular version on CD?

Just getting into this release, really it's amazing.

Where can i get the extra tracks if i've already purchased the regular version on CD?

Wut

Didn't know about xtra tracks, cool.

But ´Under the sun' is such a good closer though

"Extra tracks" there's the Japanese only "in stillness..." Then I've personally added MP's cover of Balil's "3/4 heart" from warp20 before "cycles of 9" and MP's collab now:now in between "Under the sun" and "in stillness" when I listen digitally... Otherwise don't know of any other extras. (Am eager to hear if any of the 3 other tracks mark worked with on with Thom see the light of day)

Edited by hayhook

• 2 weeks later...

^ very nice, right up until the Audi bit, which threw me. Is it a different edit to the album version, seemed longer?

I didn't know Shynola were still going, they did some cracking videos in the late 90s - early 2000s... Unkle 'Eye for an eye', Radiohead 'Pyramid Song', and some others I can't remember right now.

• 3 months later...

Just downloaded the 'continuous experience' bonus track... it's literally one track of the whole album stuck together. I thought it might be mixed together a bit perhaps... but no the tracks flow in the same order with silences in between... bit pointless really...

Still a great album though.

Just downloaded the 'continuous experience' bonus track... it's literally one track of the whole album stuck together. I thought it might be mixed together a bit perhaps... but no the tracks flow in the same order with silences in between... bit pointless really...

Still a great album though.

Maybe Warp thinks people have to flip over their phones every time a track changes.