IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway...

sweepstakes

Still think Skyliner might be the single most powerful track BoC have ever produced. But I welcome a better opinion.

Heard From Telegraph Lines is a good "appetizer" for it too. Actually listened to this EP pretty heavily back in 2007 now that I think about it.

Their weakest release. One old song, one new song, two fillers and a bad remix.

If BoC releases were 6 packs of beer, Trans Canada Highway is a Coors Light sampler pack.

Guest bitroast

EP would've been much stronger without the dayvan cowboy stuff included (remix could maybe tolerate but album track as opening track is definitely one of my pet peeves in music releasing).

Left side drive + skyliner + the 'filler' tracks make for a nice listen. it's definitely no IABPOITCountry with it's 4 4/4 tracks, but it's not exactly bad. just kind of .. wasted .

Their weakest release. One old song, one new song, two fillers and a bad remix.

If BoC releases were 6 packs of beer, Trans Canada Highway is a Coors Light sampler pack.

2 new songs, correct? LSD and Skyliner. Both great.

What is your avatar? I remember seeing the cartoon, can't remember it's name or where that guy is from!!

Left Side Drive is the shit and yes I love the filler tracks. Skyliner is a bit bombastic relative to its ideas, I kind of think of it as "Corsair" with an ego, but that angular bass is tasty.

The Odd Nosdam remix is great. Fuk teh haterz.

Yeah it's not a masterpiece but it's a great track, never got the disdain for that one.

heh. back when soulseek was the thing, i remember i could never get a d/l of the odd nosdam remix to finish (waiting for a huge 9min track...) so i just gave up and left my folder as it was. i also used to save space everywhere by removing the first tracks off EPs if the same track was in another folder.

so, for ages and ages, this WAS how i listened to the EP. and you're right! it works way better with Left Side Drive as the opener. i could easily swap the odd nosdam mix for a couple more brief interludes (the two that are on here are seriously Geogaddi-tier).

makes me wonder what other tracks would've been on that Come To Dust EP that doesn't exist.

Guest transmisiones ferox

makes me wonder what other tracks would've been on that Come To Dust EP that doesn't exist.

Oh this is what I was thinking

I'm partial to Heard From Telegraph Lines myself but the entire EP does it for me, including the Odd Nosdam remix. The whole EP feels like some really unsettling dream. I can't believe there are BoC fans who wouldn't dig this release, even if there is a repeat track from TCH on it. It's still a great track.

Love this EP, though I often, like others on here, only listen to tracks 2-5. I've always felt LSD would be a great opener would they ever play live. Skyliner is just immense. Remember blasting that while driving through the Santa Monica mountains once.

Archived