36 - SECONDS & FOREVER
preorders after 1 April
--------------
"We stood on the edge of forever
One final dream into time
A silent voice in an empty room
The numbers; We never truly knew"
------------------------------------
Side A: " Seconds & Forever(Part 1)" (18 min)
Side B: " Seconds & Forever (Part 2)" (18 min)
----------------

--
Limited to 250 copies
silk screen printing with two inks over grey cardboard
white vinyl
All music written and produced by 36
Artwork by 36
www.facebook.com/3sixrecordings/
Mastered for vinyl by Alex Stark

more info & stuff: https://www.facebook.com/mysticandquantum/

30vg6x1.png

Thanks V! Just to add, this is all-new 36 material, recorded late last year and finished in January 2016. I'd describe it as a cross between Sine Dust and my last LP Void Dance, so if you liked those records, you'll probably enjoy this too :)

The digital version will be released later.

My word, it sounds absolutely lovely - all the things you've been mentioning on Twitter recently about mixing, stuff in and out of phase, taking notice of reverb etc. etc. are totally noticeable here

My word, it sounds absolutely lovely - all the things you've been mentioning on Twitter recently about mixing, stuff in and out of phase, taking notice of reverb etc. etc. are totally noticeable here

Thanks! I've been working with Rafael Anton Irissari (who is mastering a separate project of mine) and I learned a load from him technically, for engineering the sound at the mixdown/pre-mastering stage, and making it the best it can be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got to this. Excellent album. To my ears. it's also got this lovely nod to some of the ambient space music that came out of California during the 1980s - which I still love listening to after all these years.

Thanks, and indeed thanks to everyone who picked up a copy. It's currently sitting at #1 in the Juno Leftfield chart and is also wrestling with a bunch of disco and deep house records in the top 10 all-genre chart, so that's nice. Not sure how many copies remain, but as it was quite a limited record anyway, I wouldn't wait too long if you still want a copy...

I have a copy but mine isn't white: it has smears of grey & blue through it. Doesn't appear to be actual dirt but looks kinda grim. Plays okay, although a few crackles around where the grey is. Will have to test a couple more times to see whether I've ended up with a weird colour combo.

Otherwise, gorgeous LP. :music:

I have a copy but mine isn't white: it has smears of grey & blue through it. Doesn't appear to be actual dirt but looks kinda grim. Plays okay, although a few crackles around where the grey is. Will have to test a couple more times to see whether I've ended up with a weird colour combo.

Otherwise, gorgeous LP. :music:

Can you post a picture of it? White vinyl is notorious for having leftover residue marks from previous vinyl press pellets (usually black) but i'd be interested to see how much yours differs from how it should look.

Say, Apple Music seems to have the artist name screwed up for this release.

Sigh. Cheers, I'll look into it.

Mine looks ok but had to scrape out the centre hole a bit in order for it to fit on the turntable. Plays alright, few crackles but not bad for 17 minutes a side.

Very nice lp, my girlfriend really likes it too which is something I can't say for most of the records I get.

Mine looks ok but had to scrape out the centre hole a bit in order for it to fit on the turntable. Plays alright, few crackles but not bad for 17 minutes a side.

Very nice lp, my girlfriend really likes it too which is something I can't say for most of the records I get.

Yeah, heard about the center hole thing from a few people now! It's pretty obvious, but a sharp knife spun gently around the inside of the hole a few times should fix it right up. I've had it on a few records in my collection in the past too... I guess pressing plants need to un-blunt their drills!

18 minutes per side means the general volume is lower than usual, so surface noise is more noticeable as a result, but the plant did put some product on it to try and minimise it... The reality is that vinyl is always going to have surface noise, especially for this kind of music, so I've stopped trying to fight it and embraced it long ago :)

Glad you and your GF are enjoying the music!

Not very clear (shit camera) but they look like smudges, except that there's speckles of blue in there too and definitely don't wipe off or look as though to be resting on the surface:

WP_20160703_22_46_10_Pro.jpg

Resell value is likely in the minus figures

Not very clear (shit camera) but they look like smudges, except that there's speckles of blue in there too and definitely don't wipe off or look as though to be resting on the surface:

Yeah, it's normal. Like I say, it's the result of plants constantly needing to change their setup for various vinyl colours and inevitably, a little gets left over. For black records, you'd never notice it, but for white/clear records, you see it plain as day.

Here's how a 7" I pressed a few years back looked. I went through each one by hand to make sure they were perfect, and these were the "rejects" - I ended up throwing them away, then my listeners on Facebook called me a lunatic because they liked how they looked haha. Don't worry about resale value - just call it a "special marbled edition" and you'll be able to retire early.

11146460_1042749492405166_70822120564380

hello,yeah, we know that nowadays the vinyl factories are collapsed and in general the quality is lower than years ago.

In this case the surface noise and other audio issues its because, as brisk said ,the 18min /side.

I remember when i release in further records the album called "Desinty", that was 54 min in general!!!!! of course the audio was terrible..

https://www.discogs.com/Vagon-Brei-Destiny/master/342249

So, sorry about the audio quality, im only trying to do my best,but working with vinyl delays,bad test pressings,more delays, silk screen printing issues, final bad quality product,etc... im ,indeed,very tired with this. The big problem is that this record has the time problem but if this was a normal record with 15 in per side and we find any problem that can be fixed with the test or the final product if i have to send again to the factory ,probably i would receive the record in November for example because the summer,RSD,etc...etc....

btw I sent in february another new release and today i have no news about it.....

Yeah, it's normal. Like I say, it's the result of plants constantly needing to change their setup for various vinyl colours and inevitably, a little gets left over. For black records, you'd never notice it, but for white/clear records, you see it plain as day.

Here's how a 7" I pressed a few years back looked. I went through each one by hand to make sure they were perfect, and these were the "rejects" - I ended up throwing them away, then my listeners on Facebook called me a lunatic because they liked how they looked haha. Don't worry about resale value - just call it a "special marbled edition" and you'll be able to retire early.

11146460_1042749492405166_70822120564380

Haha I can understand why you wouldn't sell the defects. I mean, your intention is to sell a clear one, so why sell fucked up ones? That's like a novelist selling copies of their novel with typos.

hello,yeah, we know that nowadays the vinyl factories are collapsed and in general the quality is lower than years ago.

In this case the surface noise and other audio issues its because, as brisk said ,the 18min /side.

I remember when i release in further records the album called "Desinty", that was 54 min in general!!!!! of course the audio was terrible..

https://www.discogs.com/Vagon-Brei-Destiny/master/342249

So, sorry about the audio quality, im only trying to do my best,but working with vinyl delays,bad test pressings,more delays, silk screen printing issues, final bad quality product,etc... im ,indeed,very tired with this. The big problem is that this record has the time problem but if this was a normal record with 15 in per side and we find any problem that can be fixed with the test or the final product if i have to send again to the factory ,probably i would receive the record in November for example because the summer,RSD,etc...etc....

btw I sent in february another new release and today i have no news about it.....

It sounds fine to me, considering all those problems and how it sounds with my copy, you've done some sterling work. I appreciate it, at least. :beer:

Archived