IGNORED

DMX Krew - 1995-2015

Surprised there wasn't a thread about this one already. The guy running the label posted about this about a week ago on facebook but that post seems to be removed. If I remember correctly there was also a special edition of this wich you can only get via mail. The only thing I can find now is the RA article below.

Fundamental Records to release DMX Krew anthology

dmx_20yrs.jpg

The UK producer will get a retrospective including original material and remixes by the likes of Aphex Twin.

A DMX Krew anthology called 1995-2015 will land on Fundamental Records on March 26th.

UK producer Edward Upton has been releasing electro, techno and acid since the mid-'90s. He's got upwards of 15 albums under a litany of names for labels like Rephlex, Hypercolour and Fundamental Records, the Spanish label that's handling the forthcoming retrospective. The boxed set comes in the form of twelve 12-inches and includes rarities and remixes from JTC, Aphex Twin and pioneering Detroit electro duo Aux 88, among others. It contains more than 50 tracks in all and is limited to only 200 copies.

Tracklist:

Record 001:
A1 DMX Bass
A2 Rock Your Body (Original Demo)
B1 Deep Sea Pressure
B2 Magic Trax

Record 002:
A1 Cerberus
B1 Vicious Bleebz (Bintus Remix)
B2 Snoopy

Record 003:
A1 Tonight
A2 The Fallen Kings
A3 Dark Funk
A4 William The Conqueror
A5 White Noise / Black Hole (Analogue)
B1 FX – 3400P
B2 Lies Inside (Original Instrumental)
B3 William The Conqueror

Record 004:

A1 Bad Boy
A2 The Game (Instrumental)
B1 Make Me
B2 Last Days

Record 005:
A1 Adrenalin Flow (Aux 88 Remix)
A2 Adrenalin Flow (Computor Rockers Remix)
B1 ZX Spectrum (Original Version)
B2 ZX Spectrum (Di’Jital RMX)

Record 006:
A1 When The Going Gets Weird...
A2 Alpha Centauri
A3 Cold Heart Part I
B1 Soda
B2 Memory Cube
B3 FX 500

Record 007:
A1 The Glass Room (Extended Mix)
A2 You Can Do it (RE-EQ)
A3 Can U Feel The Power
B1 Street Boys (Extended Dub Mix)
B2 He Exists! (2015 Edit)
B3 Get With You

Record 008:
A1 You Can’t Hide Your Love (Aphex Twin Mix)
A2 Space Pirate! (Lotek Style Remix)
B1 I’m All Alone (Original Mix)
B2 I’m All Alone (Instrumental)
B3 I’m All Alone (Cylo'bs Mix)

Record 009:
A1 Guest House (JTC Remix)
B1 Kitchen Bench (JK Remix)

Record 010:
A1 Didn’t I? (Extended Version)
A2 Funky Dancer
B1 Galaxy Love (Brian Ellis Remix)
B2 Keep On Keepin' On
B3 Let’s Rock

Record 011:
A1 Bright Colours On A Cloudy Day
B1 The Fashion Show

Record 012:
A1 DMX Rock
A2 Good Ol' Daze
B1 Honey
B2 Konnichi Wa! (Instrumental)
B3 I Can’t Control The Feeling

Fundamental Records will release 1995-2015 by DMX Krew on March 26th, 2016.

This is that cunty label that attempts to manufacture exclusivity isn't it?

ugh, count me out.

They have a history of that?

It looks like a solid anthology really. Seems they could do it on less than 12 vinyl though.

Would rather see these tracks becoming easily available for everyone instead of just some limited expensive fancy vinyl-only release. This label already ruined Patronen this way too, preferring a fancy pricey exclusive plexiglass fetish over availability of good music.

Good point.

Puts wallet away*

I'm not trying to convince you or others to not buy this btw, the tracks on here are well worth it and I would always vouch to support DMX Krew. To each his own in how you want to run your label too, I just dislike the way this label operates (same with the I Love Acid label).

Good point.

Puts wallet away*

I'm not trying to convince you or others to not buy this btw, the tracks on here are well worth it and I would always vouch to support DMX Krew. To each his own in how you want to run your label too, I just dislike the way this label operates (same with the I Love Acid label).

No, you've got a really good point.

I'm all for "limited editions" etc, but making it exclusively available in this way is exclusionary (it really should be available in one form or another to be enjoyed by all).

So if they won't make a digital version available...

two versions of this project:

PLASTIC BAG RECORD SHOP - LIMITED EDITION
The classic plastic bag record shop with the customized Oberheim logo and the twelve records in different colors, format and sleeves.

OBERHEIM DMX DRUM MACHINE PLEXIGLASS BOX REPLICA
(EXCLUSIVE EDITION LIMITED TO 111 UNITS)
Manufactured in clear plexiglass with wood sides.
If you know the Oberheim DMX drum machine, you know you have to open it to access for the tunning of each sound... now you will have to open it to have access to the twelve vinyl records of DMX Krew + two exclusive slipmats + high quality t-shirt + some extras...
Pictures… very soon…

:::::

How to order:

LIMITED EDITION PLASTIC BAG
We will have some units of this limited edition but only a few, just for our friends, because this edition will be available in exclusive at Bleep.com

LIMITED EDITION OBERHEIM DMX REPLICA
Only available here: info@fundamental-records.com
We are in the prototype stage with the Oberheim DMX replica, in the next days we will receive two models, after that we will write to each person interested in this version.
As you can imagine this version will be sold in the next days, so please be quick and write us for instructions if you are interested.

Only one unit per order.

::::::

+ info: info@fundamental-records.com

The classic plastic bag record shop with the customized Oberheim logo and the twelve records in different colors, format and sleeves.

Manufactured in clear plexiglass with wood sides.

This is that cunty label that attempts to manufacture exclusivity isn't it?

ugh, count me out.

This.

Call me an anti fundamentalist recrods

Just fucking do a 12" compilation of the fresh up 7" trax. Please. Someone. They even did a digital only compilation on juno called... The 12" Album.

CRY

i know it's teasing us

Guest bitroast

lol i definitely misinterpreted the 12" Album title and thought it was being pressed as a double album or whatever. was very excited, followed by marginally disappointed.

either way, i ended up buying the digital 12" Album a. I LOVE DMX KREW and b. BECAUSE THE OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE FOR ME TO BUY THE ALBUM DIGITALLY.

lol i definitely misinterpreted the 12" Album title and thought it was being pressed as a double album or whatever. was very excited, followed by marginally disappointed.

either way, i ended up buying the digital 12" Album a. I LOVE DMX KREW and b. BECAUSE THE OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE FOR ME TO BUY THE ALBUM DIGITALLY.

I also did that, but I also want the opportunity to piss my girlfriend off by filling our tiny flat with even more obsolete black discs :(

Guest bitroast

I also did that, but I also want the opportunity to piss my girlfriend off by filling our tiny flat with even more obsolete black discs :(

well :) you've definitely come to right thread!

Guest bitroast

i love DMX Krew though !!

the frustration in this thread is more in response to the record label being exclusive in only releasing the material via expensive overly exuberant packaging, which costs an arm and a leg (and costs another arm and another leg for shipping costs internationally, to australia for example.. due to weight and size of exuberant packages)

while also out right refusing to release the music digitally or in a more affordable manner.

i recently emailed the label asking for digital copy of 100 Tears by DMX Krew to be made available for purchase for people who didn't/don't have the money to fork out for $100+ 2xLP album. the album is long out of print and anyone wanting to hear the album is resorting to just pirating it online. the response from the label was no with a weird 'why should we even consider digital when our policy is firmly vinyl only' kind of response.

in ALL seriousness though. doesn't this lush packaging just make your penis cock rock hard ???

ooo baby. yeah. only people with lots and lots of money can hear this exclusive little bad boy.

Archived