IGNORED

Bass Station II vs. Minibrute vs. Microbrute

koolkeyZ865

And when you guys say MS20, would that include the Mini? I've read reviews that said it's comparatively weak and others saying it's a dead ringer. There seems to be agreement at least that the build quality isn't as good.

Guest Chesney

Yeah it's cheaper built but adds midi and whatnot. It sounds like an MS20 without the roughness if anything, roughness usually means the bits that would be considered annoying in their heyday. Barely anything in it only "snobby" aficionados sneer at the difference but I am taking other peoples word on this as I have only tinkled on an original not the mini. And that was a brief tinkle.

There is probably as much difference from 1 original to the next to the new mini. Same as the 303 and any synth people go mad about comparing.

Anyone saying that the MS20 Mini isn't good enough, for the price, needs their head checked. I had a brief play with one and, in comparison to both originals and the kit reissue I've played, it's the same synth. It just feels smaller... because it is...

Hmm, that sounds right up my alley. I don't think I'd use it for much practical stuff but it seems like a good time just noodling around, recording, and then extracting bits out of jams for drums or whatever. Seems like a nice medium between flexibility and terrain to explore, and limitedness/cuteness/compactness. Could be a great time with some effects, I'd pair my mini KP and 4-track with it and have a Korg-dorable little synth wank corner.

Guest Chesney

Not had too many problems yet but who knows ha. I dread the day Something goes wrong, and it will. It's really fun when you decide to kick it up and get into it. It is time consuming so don't use it as much as I should, and tape is expensive and can be a while on back orders but, yeah, it's real fun.

Archived