IGNORED

Post your theories

YO303

Post you theories about whatever, life, the universe, the jews, post them here, discuss them with the community lol

in reality this thread is an excuse to post this theory i have about how the mainstream media brainwashed people who use the internet into thinking being nerd is cool when in reality is not, but this delusion helps movie studios to sell tickers for "nerdy" movies like the avengers because its "cool nerdy movie")DO YOU THINK ROBER DJ IS A NERD?, THAT MAN IS AN ALPHA MALE FOOTBALL WATCHING LUMBERJACK, CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS MAN ROBERT DOWNING JUNIOR WORSHIPING ANOTHER MAN LIKE NERD ON REDDIT WORSHIP ROBER DOWNING HE LOLS AT YOU BECAUSE YOU MADE HIM RICH AGAIN HAHAHAING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK"), its okay to be an "open nerd" now, but think about this, these "nerds" where do they spend most of the time??, on fucking netflix bing watching shit shows like arrow, i bet you these people are stuck in this virtual mall and all they do is consume shit that is "nerdy" like doctor who, i mean have you seen an episode of this piece of crap? how the fuck is this even liked? its one of the worst made things, its soap opera level of intelligence but for people who claim to be "nerd" or whatever, if all these nerd were with it and smart they would use the internet to learn as much as they can about everything there is to learn but they watch a million shit sci-fi shows that are just unwatchable

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the new doctor who is one of the worst things ever, you are right. boggles the mind that it's so popular. the originals were not without their charm however, and props to the radiophonic workshop for the soundtrack of course.

in reality this thread is an excuse to post this theory i have about how the mainstream media brainwashed people who use the internet into thinking being nerd is cool when in reality is not, but this delusion helps movie studios to sell tickers for "nerdy" movies like the avengers because its "cool nerdy movie")DO YOU THINK ROBER DJ IS A NERD?, THAT MAN IS AN ALPHA MALE FOOTBALL WATCHING LUMBERJACK, CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS MAN ROBERT DOWNING JUNIOR WORSHIPING ANOTHER MAN LIKE NERD ON REDDIT WORSHIP ROBER DOWNING HE LOLS AT YOU BECAUSE YOU MADE HIM RICH AGAIN HAHAHAING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK"), its okay to be an "open nerd" now, but think about this, these "nerds" where do they spend most of the time??, on fucking netflix bing watching shit shows like arrow, i bet you these people are stuck in this virtual mall and all they do is consume shit that is "nerdy" like doctor who, i mean have you seen an episode of this piece of crap? how the fuck is this even liked? its one of the worst made things, its soap opera level of intelligence but for people who claim to be "nerd" or whatever, if all these nerd were with it and smart they would use the internet to learn as much as they can about everything there is to learn but they watch a million shit sci-fi shows that are just unwatchable

what do you actually think about all day long?

sorry it isnt e=mc2 buddy, but if the self proclaim king of watmm truth is already bored with high quaity content like games of thrones what is the king doing walking in peasants farms like these? this is a fun humble open minded thread, nothing is ever good for you so maybe this isnt the thread for you to visit, hope you find the content you are looking for and it makes you really happy like it would make me happy read crazy theories the community has or mades up for just the lols

sorry it isnt e=mc2 buddy, but if the self proclaim king of watmm truth is already bored with high quaity content like games of thrones what is the king doing walking in peasants farms like these? this is a fun humble open minded thread, nothing is ever good for you so maybe this isnt the thread for you to visit, hope you find the content you are looking for and it makes you really happy like it would make me happy read crazy theories the community has or mades up for just the lols

giphy.gif

you post absolute shit content all the time, pictures straight off the front page of reddit, and some times without fucking context (the title for example), you also post stuff like "im done with game of thrones" an absolute fucking useless post, but here is the thing i respect your right to post them and hope you are having fun, no one says anything to you ever, but why am i writing this? well because you are the first one to whine about other's content , the first one to be a cynical little bitch and try shut down anything you don't like with snide comments. You dont like this thread? whatever, get the fuck out with your attitude then, we are just trying to have fun just like you,

you act spoiled brat

---

We have the power to end violent crime in our lifetime.

what would it take? a common enemy?

"content". let me understand you, on the one hand we're all taking WATMM too seriously when we pick apart a mod's rubbish moderating, but on the other hand we're to take "content" like this seriously. what is the premise of this thread anyway? it's just another one of your outlets for your neuroses with the modern social norms you're so obsessed with deconstructing. that's what I was pointing to, not whether you have the right to create this thread/post shit/blahblah. instead of answering that, you flip out about having your rights trampled on or some shit. solid m8.

and I've always snatched bits off of Reddit by the way, when I thought they'd be funny/apropos to WATMM, without needing to post an explanation cos I figured those who would get it would get it. (especially if they'd already seen it on Reddit)

I don't know what world you're living in but it's not one we share I'd wager.

carry on.

please tell me what im suppose to be thinking about throughout the day since it seems like there is only one way of thinking, please invade my mind and tell me how a proper person should think

i dont know what to tell you man, you either get where im coming from or not but i feel if you come to threads you dont deem worthy with an ugly negative unfun attitude its just makes want not to post here, and maybe you wouldnt mind that but then what is this, Usagi's filtered watmm? you see how your attitude is bad, there is a lot of colorful characters here (not saying im one of them) that stop posting because of members like you, you guys dont go with the flow, dont engage in anything, just post about themselves all day, honestly i dont come here to hear about your updates, and thats not saying i dont wish you happiness or for you to stop sharing your life with friends here but is there a place in here for those who just want to have fun?

I don't consider superhero flicks "nerdy" at all. They go under the "Least IDM" list, if anything.

Also I theorize that Idiocracy will become a reality starting next January if Trump wins the election, but probably with more violence.

I don't consider superhero flicks "nerdy" at all. They go under the "Least IDM" list, if anything.

I agree but look at the twitter feed of podcasts like the nerdists (talk radio for "nerds" or whatever), they promote superhero movies and tv shows all the time, this is what is considered nerd out there on the internet but what im saying its all sophisticated brainwashing or some shit like that just to push nerdy products to nerds, i mean look at all the shit doctor who sells to grown men, you see grown men with a 350 dollars tardis replica that was made for 5 dollars in china

^

okay so imagine this, you are in your 20's and new to the internet, you hear co-workers talk about nerdy things like avengers and arrow, so in oder to bond with your co-workers you start going to nerd farms like reddit where they are fed all of this fake nerd products, before you know it this guy is a full on modern nerd and starts listening to podcast like the nerdist, and you say whats wrong with podcast about nerdy things, they like to discuss nerdy things good for them and i agree with that sentiment but look at the nerdist website http://nerdist.com/even-more-marvel-funko-pop-vinyls-heading-our-way/

ads for shitty expensive figurines , this fucking shit is bad for the environment

We have the power to end violent crime in our lifetime.

what would it take? a common enemy?

You cut out the most important part! I was glibly suggesting that a more equitable distribution of non-masturbatory orgasms would soothe the raging beast that is man.

edit: the nerdist and chris hardwick are the worst things to come out of american culture since jim crow

I'm totally with you on the "nerd" thing. Shit like pi day reminds me of this too. And IFL science. It's like this smug, hermetically sealed, completely soulless version of "culture".

You know what really bugs me about it the most, though, is I think the purpose is a lot more insidious than you even point out. I think the purpose is to eliminate real nerds. Let me explain.

Real nerds just really feel passionate about something. Maybe it's something dumb like Pokemon or vending machines. But they SEE something in it. They don't see something in it because their facebook friends told them that it's cool and they should like it. They see it the way that one lady saw Jesus in her grilled cheese sandwich. They just go for it. And if they're lucky and persistent, they might find something close to Truth in it. Whatever that means. Like some Fox Mulder shit. They're seeing Buddha, or God, or their future self, or the future, something like that. But the important thing is, they are trying to forge their own way. They're not trying to impress anyone. They're doing it because they have to. They have to go toward the flame like a moth. Like the way you have to take an enormous shit after eating at a buffet. It's not a choice, it's a compulsion. It has nothing to do with impressing people.

Having a "safe place" for "nerds" or what I like to call nerd-hegemony, completely fucking ruins that. It's like, if you're kind of liberal leaning, and have some amount of education, you can be part of the nerd club. And you can get all your culture for free just by standing by the internet nerd water cooler. You don't have to think about anything. This fucks things up 2 ways:
1) You don't have to reach at all to get access to things to amuse yourself, i.e. other people are doing all the thinking for you. So maybe you could have been a real nerd but maybe those desires got short-circuited, maybe you are now pretty satisfied with the stuff the "smart" "nerdy" "intellectual" people are talking about.

2) You don't even have the language to offer any alternatives. The test is multiple choice, you push the button and get A) Batman B) Iron Man C) A shirt with a mathemetical equation on it that makes you feel smart D) Nikolai Tesla. You bring up some crazy shit you made at home, not by copy+pasting things from one website to another, but from just digging in, scouring the nooks and crannies, scraping the bottom of empty cans to find The Good Shit. Whatever that is. And nobody knows what the fuck you are talking about. You are floating in space, untethered.

Like it's all perfectly smug and makes you feel both really smart and like you belong. And there's no meat on the bone! No juice, no cream, no sunshine on your face. Just cutouts from the funny papers, cheap jokes. That's it, just the cold glow of a monitor and the vague sense of belonging to something, however vague and meaningless.

all drama aside, i was considering posting a thread like this to share theories about life/death and what not.

i will definitely come in at a later point and post some theories and carefully assess others

Real nerds just really feel passionate about something. Maybe it's something dumb like Pokemon or vending machines. But they SEE something in it. They don't see something in it because their facebook friends told them that it's cool and they should like it. They see it the way that one lady saw Jesus in her grilled cheese sandwich. They just go for it. And if they're lucky and persistent, they might find something close to Truth in it. Whatever that means. Like some Fox Mulder shit. They're seeing Buddha, or God, or their future self, or the future, something like that. But the important thing is, they are trying to forge their own way. They're not trying to impress anyone. They're doing it because they have to. They have to go toward the flame like a moth. Like the way you have to take an enormous shit after eating at a buffet. It's not a choice, it's a compulsion. It has nothing to do with impressing people.

beautiful

although i slightly disagree as far as like, I liked the aesthetics of video games but in retrospect they were kind of horribly masochistic gameplay-wise? And I mostly liked the music anyway. So I made music. Even if I made a game today it would have to be some kind of non-game like that caveman game for PS1

what I'm sayin is you should try to not fuck around so much and figure out what it is that you like about stupid random interest, because I dunno how many things in life are just innately awesome, it's usually more the aesthetics or the theme or something

deer: why do you care so much about it?

i hate this type of shit, why care about anything? and what should i be caring about? this topic was on my mind for about 30 minutes our of the 1440 minutes of the day, jesus christ lol

in all seriousness, i think this is all connected to the unnecessary consumption of plastic-y unnecessary shit that is polluting this earth, im not saying its not okay to have things but does the world need a 550 dollars blu ray box set? or a 330 tardis replica? or a fucking star wars figurine? we are in an age where this fucking shit unnecessary and we have enough info to realize how fucking selfish it is to but one of these things, you are not only destroying the environment but also some poor old chinese woman worked 12 hours for fuck all $$ so you can buy one of these lame ass shit , was it worth it?

It worries me that people don't think about the consequences of their consumption because we are the first one to go on social media and bitch about how "republicans are denying climate change" but then turn around and buy one of these fucking useless shit these movie studios push to the nerds.

Archived