IGNORED

EU

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i commited a brutal, sexy drunken crime last night, i mixed some of the spanish style egg fried cajun rice i had made the day before, some of my flatmates chinese black bean noodle/rice, microwaved it a bit, grated a shittonne of cheddar in there, microwaved it another 2 mins to melt that, then at the end i mixed in a bunch of mayonaisse and garlic oil and mushed it all round and sat there in a drunken, stupified sense of bliss. it was phenomonal.

that sounds revolting. well done.

if my taste in food was a taste in music, i would be into coldplay, james blunt, adele, aqua, and the vengaboys. i am honestly utterly indiscriminate with my love of sticking hot savoury shit in my gob. my flatmate works at the best restuarant in glasgow, often cooks insanely complex 2 hour meals involving straining the bone marrow juice of pheasants over and over again to make jus, mash infused with saffron and beef jus, game killed that same day by a hunter in the north of scotland, but im just as happy with a bunch of veggies fried in cajun spices, add a can of heinz baked beans and pork sausages to it, drape over white warbutons with lurpak and grate red leicester over it. i love it all.

also, super noodles, add chilli powder, then a can of heinz tomato soup and serve over crusty baguette bread with flora on it. a peacock delicacy.

i absolutely cannot let this pro-mayo trend run rampant on this forum. Mayo OUT

you can suck my mayo splattered dick alcofibas. mayo owns you. particularly homemade shit.

coleslaw is bullshit and some people like raisins in it.

Sainsburys do this posh coleslaw with raisins and walnuts in, it's fucking L U S H

My mayo-covered chips will leave your PATHETIC vinegar-soaked gubbins to crumble in on itself! En garde!

*gets into a fencing position holding onto a soggy mayo-covered chip*

:wub:

Mashed potatoes with the skins left in. That's the way to go.

YES

Getting pretty entertaining. Scottish first minister talking about vetoing the Brexit.

Also Labour shadow cabinet members resigning en masse.

Also Boris being check mated.

You referring to this?

http://qz.com/710516/the-strange-story-of-a-fertility-drug-made-with-the-popes-blessing-and-gallons-of-nun-urine/

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten … the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over – Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession … broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was “never”. When Michael Gove went on and on about “informal negotiations” … why? why not the formal ones straight away? … he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

Interesting theory, not sure if I buy it though. Don't think Johnson will have any chance but to trigger article 50 shortly after becoming PM, the brexiteers seem to be saying they want a period of pre-negotiation first, but that won't last long, and if it becomes clear it's never going to happen there'd be a backbench revolt pretty quickly.

It will be interesting to see which politicians can survive this shitstorm. Revolutions have a tendency to eat their own children.

09bf414f2262c32c9510cf525d970bb1.jpg

Archived