IGNORED

EU

Guest WNS000

I don't debate on watmm.

I come here for fun.

You've insulted enough members that it's time for you to leave.

lol!!!

Holy crap, man! You all have been insulting and offending me all the time I have been discussing stuff on this boards. Always emotional, just skimming through my posts and pulling stuff out of context without ability to present relevant arguments against me. Look in a mirror, man. How desperately pathetic and narcissistic of you. You have just reached a new low, Stephen.

Or should I collect all the offensive bullshit you all posted against me so that I can set a mirror for you? Get lost, man.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't debate on watmm.

I come here for fun.

lol!!!

Holy crap, man! You all have been insulting and offending me all the time I have been discussing stuff on this boards. Always emotional, just skimming through my posts and pulling stuff out of context without ability to present relevant arguments against me. Look in a mirror, man. How desperately pathetic and narcissistic of you. You have just reached a new low, Stephen.

Or should I collect all the offensive bullshit you all posted against me so that I can set a mirror for you? Get lost, man.

The solution to such ignorant posting is not doing the same thing in return. We all have to be here, so perhaps try to engage in a dialogue with these "you"-people and try to understand where they might be coming from. Even if you ultimately disagree with each other you might both come out on the other side wiser than before.

The only way to combat hate and ignorance is through tolerance and understanding. Using words such as "pathetic" and "narcissistic" is quite frankly problematic. Very, very problematic. We need to be nicer to each other. And less problematic.

You too Stephen, to be honest. Telling other paying members to leave is ignorant.

some things, it's like, if i have to explain it to you, why should i even explain it to you

Are you talking to me? If yes, you should explain the things in order to give the other side a chance to understand your position. I am interested in all sorts of opinions. They are all important in the final context. My views are not black and white.

in order to answer your question, let me first ask you a question, in order to clarify. do you think it infringes on the rights of a person to not be able to own slaves?

Are you seriously asking? OK. Hopefully my answer will be absolutely clear.

I am against slavery.

Very interested to see where this is going.

that is not what i asked. i asked if it infringes on the rights of the person being denied that ability. how would you define rights, in your own words?

Guest WNS000

I don't debate on watmm.

I come here for fun.

lol!!!

The solution to such ignorant posting is not doing the same thing in return. We all have to be here, so perhaps try to engage in a dialogue with these "you"-people and try to understand where they might be coming from. Even if you ultimately disagree with each other you might both come out on the other side wiser than before.

The only way to combat hate and ignorance is through tolerance and understanding. Using words such as "pathetic" and "narcissistic" is quite frankly problematic. Very, very problematic. We need to be nicer to each other. And less problematic.

You too Stephen, to be honest. Telling other paying members to leave is ignorant.

I agree with you. And I don't want to be that guy, but I need to stress out that I wasn't the one who started offending others. I have been always (since I joined WATMM basically) verbally attacked for my opinions and arguments that I honestly believe in. I have also been very interested in opposing arguments but only few members (kudos to them) of the boards had bothered to present them to somebody who might not agree with it (me). I don't mind controversial debates. I am interested in truth. But most people on WATMM seem to be interested only in self-fulfilling "debates" and get extremely emotional when there is somebody opposing it...

Also, I don't know what pathetic and narcissistic means in your definition, but I have consulted a dictionary and it says:

pathetic = distressing

narcissistic = self-regarding, egotistic

And those are the meanings I meant.

lol!!!

I agree with you. And I don't want to be that guy, but I need to stress out that I wasn't the one who started offending others. I have been always (since I joined WATMM basically) verbally attacked for my opinions and arguments that I honestly believe in. I have also been very interested in opposing arguments but only few members (kudos to them) of the boards had bothered to present them to somebody who might not agree with it (me). I don't mind controversial debates. I am interested in truth. But most people on WATMM seem to be interested only in self-fulfilling "debates" and get extremely emotional when there is somebody opposing it...

Also, I don't know what pathetic and narcissistic means in your definition, but I have consulted a dictionary and it says:

pathetic = distressing

narcissistic = self-regarding, egotistic

And those are the meanings I meant.

Do you have a source for those definitions? Not questioning their validity, but especially the "pathetic" one troubles me.

I'm not picking sides here by the way, because quite frankly I don't have a dog in this fight to be frank. There's a lot of ignorance and projecting on both sides here and it's all very sad to behold. I think if people on both sides were to be more accepting of each other, we'd have less of these unfortunate threads filled with bickering and ignorance. It's a very unfortunate way for the forum to present itself to the outside world, in my opinion.

WATMM is not so different from the EU these days and both can be fixed through dialogue that serves to eliminate ignorance and problematic worldviews. We just need to get better at talking to each other IMO

Guest WNS000

some things, it's like, if i have to explain it to you, why should i even explain it to you

Are you talking to me? If yes, you should explain the things in order to give the other side a chance to understand your position. I am interested in all sorts of opinions. They are all important in the final context. My views are not black and white.

in order to answer your question, let me first ask you a question, in order to clarify. do you think it infringes on the rights of a person to not be able to own slaves?

Are you seriously asking? OK. Hopefully my answer will be absolutely clear.

I am against slavery.

Very interested to see where this is going.

that is not what i asked. i asked if it infringes on the rights of the person being denied that ability. how would you define rights, in your own words?

This is going to be extremely difficult for me to communicate because we are now approaching philosophy and my English skills are limited. Please note that my genuine intention is to explain it as politely and sensitively as possible but I don't know every nuance of vocabulary it takes to exactly express what I want in English (which is something I believe many native speakers tend to ignore when reading my posts and then consider me to be rude or blunt). I apologize in advance for misunderstanding caused by my limited knowledge of English. Here we go:

1) In nature, there are no rights and everybody can do whatever they can in order to survive and multiply. Killing others, taking others as slaves. Whatever it takes. Just be practical. There is no limit at all. If your supramarginal gyrus allows it, you are free to annihilate the world if it helps you and your society and if you are able to face the consequences.

2) Rights are a social construct by humans. They have been created for numerous reasons (practical and/or emotional - which is basically "practical reasons" too). Whatever the true reason was, the slavery was prohibited by law in my country. I have also been raised with empathy and compassion in mind so it is absolutely natural for me to not accept slavery as an option in normal life circumstances (I say normal life circumstances because I have never been in a situation requiring to truly become an animal that we all have in us).

Because of the way my supramarginal gyrus works and the way I have been raised and taught, I don't believe it infringes on the rights of a person being denied the right to have a slave because I don't agree with the need for the right to exist. The right does not exist in a society I live in, there is no demand for it and there is also a general consensus in my society that the right should not exist. To me and my society the right would be immoral and unacceptable.

TL:DR: No, I don't believe it infringes on the rights of a person being denied that ability.

Guest WNS000

Do you have a source for those definitions? Not questioning their validity, but especially the "pathetic" one troubles me.

I'm not picking sides here by the way, because quite frankly I don't have a dog in this fight to be frank. There's a lot of ignorance and projecting on both sides here and it's all very sad to behold. I think if people on both sides were to be more accepting of each other, we'd have less of these unfortunate threads filled with bickering and ignorance. It's a very unfortunate way for the forum to present itself to the outside world, in my opinion.

WATMM is not so different from the EU these days and both can be fixed through dialogue that serves to eliminate ignorance and problematic worldviews. We just need to get better at talking to each other IMO

Sure, just put "pathetic definition" in Google. It is listed in synonyms. If I picked the wrong one I apologize.

I agree. The whole world is one big misunderstanding.

I don't think we're actually going to leave... Nobody wants to trigger Article 50... Whoever gets in as the new PM will hold a second referendum and the leave vote will be decimated. Sorry Europe, all a misunderstanding, as you were.

Hey Jev, it seems your culture and opinions are incompatible with WATMM's and are disrupting the status quo. Following your reasoning you should be banned. I'm not saying you should be, just offering some perspective.

Guest WNS000

3YNPFD4.png

You are off topic again. You seem to be that kind of naive person that would be completely staggered by what you can do in critical situations like these or completely staggered by how useless to anybody you would be. A modern-day spoiled man. But I know, you was taught something different, I get it. Don't worry. Enjoy your bubble.

And yes, I still stand by that opinion. The most pragmatic and practical thing you can do in a war with an extremely fanatic enemy such as Japan.

Guest WNS000

Hey Jev, it seems your culture and opinions are incompatible with WATMM's and are disrupting the status quo. Following your reasoning you should be banned. I'm not saying you should be, just offering some perspective.

You can make a referendum about it (stupid, ignorant, shallow comparison btw).

The incompatible cultures aren't really incompatible for what they think and say but what they do in practice based on that thinking and saying. I am not sure how my participation on WATMM has a potential to cause a civil war or pogroms but you will surely figure that out...

I think it's very interesting to see how people are gangbanging on WNS000: telling someone to leave when he doesn't fit in your own worldview is .. pretty fucking meta in a brexit discussion where hatred on foreigners is a real topic.

I might not agree with the lad, that's alright, that's discussion. That's where new ideas are born that venture outside of your own constructed worldviews. That is, imo, the only way to grow on a personal and societal level (though observing the inner creation process of the individual is magic as well.. that's another discussion though).

Just wanted to point this out.

Returning to the topic at hand: It's fascinating to see how my information filter sees how zthe britons are dealing with this: there seems to be a civil unrest and i see a lot of mocking going around, where as the remain voters mock the leave voters.

That's not really constructive. With that you display that the other person's view is something to joke about, while from their point of view it's valid. Not saying that one party is right or the other is wrong,.. just that it's no way to create (somewhat) of a unified direction on the topic.

I guess that's what this referendum has triggered: a deep split in the population. I wonder though: has this referendum caused the divide, or has the referendum showed where the divide always has been?

nope, British people are no more intolerant than any other corpus

its an aging population with lots and lots of elderly folks, if the referendum was conducted in, say 15yrs time for example, the Remain vote would be much higher

thats not excusing the ignorant & sad racist elements out there, but they exist in most societies

as for Mr WSN, how many times do the same points need to be re-explained for it to get through.

language differences are 1 thing, but plain English is exactly that

and thank-you to the person who posted that map

genius summarizing of certain mind-sets, the Portugal tag was proper funny

Guest WNS000

I think it's very interesting to see how people are gangbanging on WNS000: telling someone to leave when he doesn't fit in your own worldview is .. pretty fucking meta in a brexit discussion where hatred on foreigners is a real topic.

I might not agree with the lad, that's alright, that's discussion. That's where new ideas are born that venture outside of your own constructed worldviews. That is, imo, the only way to grow on a personal and societal level (though observing the inner creation process of the individual is magic as well.. that's another discussion though).

Returning to the topic at hand: It's fascinating to see how my information filter sees how zthe britons are dealing with this: there seems to be a civil unrest and i see a lot of mocking going around, where as the remain voters mock the leave voters.

That's not really constructive. With that you display that the other person's view is something to joke about, while from their point of view it's valid. Not saying that one party is right or the other is wrong,.. just that it's no way to create (somewhat) of a unified direction on the topic.

I guess that's what this referendum has triggered: a deep split in the population. I wonder though: has this referendum caused the divide, or has the referendum showed where the divide always has been?

Nice post. I believe the referendum did both of what you suggest. It created a divide for some part of the society and also showed where the divide always has been for another part of the society.

as for Mr WSN, how many times do the same points need to be re-explained for it to get through.

You mean the points that you are always right and I am always wrong? Or what points do you mean?

Fascism is what parliamentary capitalism eventually turns into when opinions like Jev's are considered valid and worth discussing "even though nobody agrees". They get their place in the mainstream and then things can only get worse from there on. In my opinion, working to stigmatise and strike fear into people who hold far-right opinions is worth it. It's not OK in my book to have such opinions.

Guest WNS000

Fascism is what parliamentary capitalism eventually turns into when opinions like Jev's are considered valid and worth discussing "even though nobody agrees". They get their place in the mainstream and then things can only get worse from there on. In my opinion, working to stigmatise and strike fear into people who hold far-right opinions is worth it. It's not OK in my book to have such opinions.

So according to your definition it is worth to stigmatise these views:

to feel compassion and empathy for others

to help refugees and poor

to respect LGBT rights

to preserve democracy

to disagree with/prevent nazism, fascism, communism and any other form of authoritarianism and dictatorship

to prevent killing and suffering in the world

Maybe, before you decide to stigmatise anyone else again, you should inform yourself about the views the person has in the first place.

Archived