IGNORED

EU

back to the thread

Sadiq Khan did well in the debates, now more than ever with once in a generation levels Tory infighting Britain needs strong opposition to re-build bridges with the continent that Boris the olde Etonian cunt & Farage have done their best to smash, but Labour are fucked.

Farage's performance in Brussels was a disgrace, a braying coward playing to an imaginary gallery in his head. The nerve of this man to poke at allies was one of the most pathetic things seen for a while. His tone was unfit for a pub full of drunks, nevermind an international forum

grand facepalm @ 6:05

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain being dicks about the Scottish again, saying they'll block any pre-negotiation over their remaining in Europe without the rest of the UK. Not that surprising I suppose given the Catalan situation, but still, fuck those guys.

Muslim immigration has so little to do with Brexit despite the leave campaign's snide connotations. Just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MUSLIMS PLEASE. For once.

I agree in the sense that it has little real impact on life in the UK; irrational fear of Islam certainly had a big effect in generating momentum for the leave camp though, and in the murder of Jo Cox, so it's not completely irrelevant. Sam Harris is certainly off topic though, though I never brought him up here, but will correct bullshit if I ever come across it.

There really needs to be a Miscellaneous Muslim Discussions thread so when it starts cropping up in other threads interested parties can go yap there. It really infects nearly every 'serious' thread I read and it's always the same fucking people arguing the same points and rarely presenting anything new. Just walls of the same text. Yuck.

Also yuck? Farage. Eww. He looks like he's never had a good blowjob.

^ I fully support this idea. in fact we had a subforum for this kind of thing efore, it was called Nonsense/Crap. I've always felt that should've stayed as an outlet for people to blow off steam/provide keks, and prevent crap from leaking into genban.

see Sarah Vine, Gove's wife & propagandist journalist @ the Daily Smell, dropping an email bomb about Murdoch & her editor Paul Dacre, questioning her man's ambition like a mob wife

“Very important that we focus now on individual obstacles and thoroughly overcome them. I really think Michael should have a Henry or a Beth with him for this morning’s crucial meetings. One simple message. You MUST have SPECIFIC assurances from Boris, OTHERWISE you cannot guarantee your support. The details can be worked out later on, but without that you have no leverage.

“Crucially, the membership will not have the necessary reassurance to back Boris, neither will [Daily Mail editor Paul] Dacre/[Rupert] Murdoch, who instinctively dislike Boris but trust your ability enough to support a Boris Gove ticket. Do not concede any ground. Be your stubborn best. GOOD LUCK.”

awwww how sweet

..and now Gove is running as well, possibly because he thought Johnson was going to backtrack on leaving the EU, less likely Johnson will be PM now.

lol, Gove is now in 3rd place in the odds, behind Andrea Leadsom. stabbing everyone in the back rather publicly, after saying you're not qualified to be prime minister on numerous occasions isn't a very good campaign strategy.

May is clear favourite at this point. She was on the remain side, though took close to zero part in the campaigning (she made one speech early on). She says there will be no early election, which is worrying to anyone hoping to still avoid brexit happening, though if they vote down the new PMs attempt to trigger Article 50 I can't see anything other than a new election early next year at the latest. If that happens, and as long as Corbyn is ousted and a genuine pro-remain Labour party is part of a broader pro-remain bloc (the Lib Dems will surely win back some of their seats next time around as well), there'll be a chance of stopping this nonsense yet.

I quite liked Andrea Leadsom in the televised debate - she presented a fairly decent case for "leave", never made any personal attacks on the other politicians and kept a level head throughout the whole thing.

Don't know an awful lot about her otherwise though, but pretty sure every politician has skeletons in various closets.

I like her as well although she is has various links with the City and hedge funds and received a lot of campaign funding from her brother who runs an off shore hedge fund in Guernsey.

Surely May is the only remotely viable/qualified candidate?

Weirdly liam fox was my childhood GP. Didn't seem so much of a cunt back then when I was getting free lollipops :)

This was around the time neil fox was on capital fm and calling himself Dr Fox, which caused my 5 year old brain loads of confusion

Surely May is the only remotely viable/qualified candidate?

Weirdly liam fox was my childhood GP. Didn't seem so much of a cunt back then when I was getting free lollipops :)

This was around the time neil fox was on capital fm and calling himself Dr Fox, which caused my 5 year old brain loads of confusion

^ That's legitimately bizarre, lol.

Theresa May is pretty heavily into online surveillance and that sort of thing; I remember mentioning her quite a bit in a MA dissertation I did a few years ago. I may be dreaming this but I think she also had something to do with OK'ing the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes (the innocent Portuguese guy who got shot on the tube in the wake of 7/7). Will have to check this for sure when I'm next at my parents' house, haven't got a copy of the diss. in my flat, so don't take that as gospel. There isn't really a good candidate in this race, let's face it.

I was saying to a few work colleagues the other day that I've always had it in my head that the UK was reasonably liberal (ish) but I'm kind of wising up to the fact that a lot of people in the country are actually really fucking right wing. Ho hum, such is life.

she was also behind efforts (pre-brexit) for the UK to withdraw from the EU Convention on Human Rights. on the other hand I think she brought in legislation to prevent the use of the water cannons Boris bought in the wake of the London riots.

she was also behind efforts (pre-brexit) for the UK to withdraw from the EU Convention on Human Rights. on the other hand I think she brought in legislation to prevent the use of the water cannons Boris bought in the wake of the London riots.

Aye, right enough: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/25/uk-must-leave-european-convention-on-human-rights-theresa-may-eu-referendum

Dunno if it's just me but I think over the last ten years or so there's been a kind of creeping normalisation of having right-ring headcases in power. May, Gove, Crabb, et al are all slick and presentable like David Cameron but fucking hell, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

No offense but Leadsom looked & sounded like the kind of automated robot you'd stumble on smiling inanely at the start of an official 4min warning broadcast while the bombs rained

In the debates Gisela Stuart was the more eloquent of the 3 for Leave. Leadsom's jolly stepford wife was scary

Gove and Boris should be hung, publicly, theres shameless & then theres these 2 racketeering cunts, a new low

Just when you think politics cant get any worse, with Chilcot & other bs imminent

Its natural to mistrust their kind, but wtf

Guest WNS000

Gove and Boris should be hung, publicly, theres shameless & then theres these 2 racketeering cunts, a new low

And you would be the judge, I suppose.

Aye, right enough: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/25/uk-must-leave-european-convention-on-human-rights-theresa-may-eu-referendum

Dunno if it's just me but I think over the last ten years or so there's been a kind of creeping normalisation of having right-ring headcases in power. May, Gove, Crabb, et al are all slick and presentable like David Cameron but fucking hell, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

I totally disagree about Gove being slick and presentable. I think he's transparently untrustworthy, cunty and obviously a fucking useless know-nothing pencil necked squirt. He's fooling no-one.

Great that he's torpedoed Boris though

Archived