IGNORED

Got a WIP I'd like to share

Trilobot

i've been watching rlm videos for years & somehow the joke in your avatar never once dawned on me

could you talk a bit more about how you got those drum sounds? they sound really cool!

maybe the beat could drop out longer at 1:08. do like an entire spooky ambient haunted house section. that and/or keeping it going towards the end with the addition of a new melodic line higher up or in the bass region

hi, is landmaps etc. anywhere online? and weather network ep

I know you lost ur hard drive or something at some point

Edit: haha forgot this isn't cryptowen's topic

could you talk a bit more about how you got those drum sounds? they sound really cool!

I have a shitty microphone that I picked up at Target (budget lol) that I used to record my voice. My original plan was to make manual beat-boxing loops, so I recorded myself making stupid drum noises so I can drop those samples in the sequencer. Sadly it sounded kinda dumb, plus the mic can't pick up high frequencies well. I got bored and stuck all those samples in individual granulizers and fucked with them. Turned out kinda neat!

maybe the beat could drop out longer at 1:08. do like an entire spooky ambient haunted house section. that and/or keeping it going towards the end with the addition of a new melodic line higher up or in the bass region

I guess I could do both. Maybe the drop out could be a full fledged spoopy bridge with fx going crazy. A melody would be nice too! Thanks!

Nice drum manipulation, how did you sequence that? If I would develop that I would probably add a new instrument to it, another flavor to the whole (obviously can't suggest anything concrete there). why do you call the track "atonal" by the way? it has melodies and chords to my ears

why do you call the track "atonal" by the way? it has melodies and chords to my ears

I guess I shouldn't call it that. It was mostly an accident I made with my Colundi number patch on Harmor http://forum.watmm.com/topic/90080-ive-taken-the-time-to-tune-harmor-to-play-some-colundi-numbers/?do=findComment&comment=2422491

I accidentally swapped over to the second oscillator and it sounded weird to me (and yet the 16 note scale didn't sound weird to me lol) The notes ended up being D D# F# G G# A# B. No idea if that's an actual scale or not.

EDIT: Whoops I forgot I had the master pitch adjusted. Technically it's C C# E F F# G# A for my WIP.

Nice drum manipulation, how did you sequence that?

Since all of the drum samples are granulized I just had a bunch of knobs for the snare, hi hats, and the weird wooshy thing move on an automation clip. The hi hats themselves, the wooshy thing, and the drum and snare turn each other off when they're playing so it doesn't get too messy. Atm I'm using FL so it's pretty easy to do all of that.

Ethereal pads + Really really really cool drums = Instant winner

Incredible job

EDIT: Just wished it was a few minutes longer, though

Thanks, I appreciate it! I want the track to be longer too, at the time of posting I was stumped.

Archived