IGNORED

New PLAID album - incoming

subtract

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had reachy prints and new radiohead album mixed in a shuffle while on a long drive yesterday. It was perfect.

do matter sounds ok, it's pretty minimal for a single & video. I wonder if the rest of the album is similar.

The three tracks they've released so far are earcrack. Particularly into CLOCK and Do Matter right now. Between this and the Autechre release, summer is going to be blissful

lol

anyways. I feel like this album, (just like Reachy Prints IMO) is an album proper, where each track will have some context in the arc of the whole album. There are some really solid singles off reachy prints but it's something I almost always listen to from start to finish. Even the length of the album (40:20) is conducive to playthrough. I feel that was intentional.

I get this is a new album, but all the tracks I've heard suggest it will be similar to Reachy Prints in that respect.

Guest Chesney

Seems so but I felt that about every album. Reachy prints felt a let down until a good few proper listens and now it's up there near the top for me.

Listening now, nearly through it. Overall it seems like a nice atmospheric album. Similar to Reachy Prints though I think I liked that a bit better on first listen. Still, looking forward to buying it. Could use less new age flute.

I'm gonna need to track down the bonus track as well then!

Bonus track?

I am happy they've gone in a different direction than Reachy Prints. I love that album, but glad to have something new to get my head around.

First listen sounds good to me though. Looking forward to me vinyls.

Guest Chesney

Last few albums have seemed a bit flat at first but in context and a few listens, it's perfectly great.

I'm getting the feeling by this album they are making use of the Elekton rytm.

Archived