IGNORED

New PLAID album - incoming

subtract

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat! I've only owned and listened to Not for 3's but I loved it, so this is great news.

Any other releases I should pay attention to?

Well people seem to mention Spokes a lot...Never heard that one but I'll give it a go.

Rest Proof Clockwork is really good, but to me the Plaid magic really worked on Scintilli. Reachy Prints is awesome as well, 100% catchy tunes.

The problem with Plaid is that it's so catchy you tend to forget their production and writing skills...I really need to listen to their work with a more attentive ear !

Guest Chesney

yeah that is the nail on the head, it's so accesible that people dismiss it. If you listen it's really complex stuff and so well written. That's the skill to die for for me is to make really skillful stuff sound easy and catchy. Kinda like Stevie Wonder. It's pop but when you listen or try and play along, it's actually pretty clever stuff. *states obvious*

Every release has gold scattered on them but some early stuff kinda sounds cheesy because there is some sampling going on. It's still good stuff.

Spokes is the most cohesive I think and gold from start to finish.

Neat! I've only owned and listened to Not for 3's but I loved it, so this is great news.

Well people seem to mention Spokes a lot...Never heard that one but I'll give it a go.

Ohhh you need to remedy that w the quickness

Ohhh you need to remedy that w the quickness

I did as soon as I posted this message yesterday and I really wasn't disappointed. Some real bangers here, Plaid never made me shake m'y head like that before !!!

Guest Chesney

Reachy Prints on heavy rotation again, I think it's creeping to second favourite album. The way Wallet meanders around a static beat is so good, how do you come up with that over that beat? but yet it sounds so accessible if you don't think about what's happening. I hope there is something soon. pldpls.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah reachy prints is honestly the best plaid album. short. powerful. to the point. have a lot of nostalgic love for the others but damn did it kill or what!!! excited about this one!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chesney

Shorter tracks are harder to make actually. Anyone can jam a track out for 10mins and call it an opus. Making a consice idea come across as a full track in a short amount of time takes skill. Unless they are all filler ideas not made into tracks? but I doubt it.

wouldn't mind if their tracks we're closer to the 5 min mark - eye robot has a sweet jam that kinda just stops, wish that and a few others we're longer, but sometimes when played live they get that treatment.

The last album has 1-2 tracks in the 5 mins or over range, this new one is one of the shortest LPs they've ever done..loving the Bee tho!

updated the webpage, cool - http://dig.thediggingremedy.com/

ok so I clicked around on that plaid website on their logo and automatically my computer started downloading "clock drone acid", 73.2mb AIF file.

Not sure if everyone knew you could get that track.

Guest Chesney

they are stems for clock, so you can remix it if you wish.

although, they did say there was a new treat on there but my puter does not like that site so not looked yet.

they are stems for clock, so you can remix it if you wish.

although, they did say there was a new treat on there but my puter does not like that site so not looked yet.

oh, gotcha.

Archived