IGNORED

New PLAID album - incoming

subtract

wow, this actually available to listen to? and this threads still only on 4 pages? Poor show, chaps.

Many minds have been lost to elseq and cheetah's pre-cum.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yu mountain = certified banger

kinda weird that there haven't been any interviews to promote the album release!

Nulls is a banger too, tried to buy off japan itunes no dice tho

I reallllllly like this LP, guys/gals

Fantastic album. I wasn't keen after listening to Bleep's previews. Currently streaming the 24Bit WAV files. Utterly gorgeous sounds and production. Not as immediate as RP but there is so much going on, the way they have of knocking things off-kilter and slowly evolving each piece is unsurpassed. They've still got those trademark weird chord changes in there too.

Pity their own record label had to piss on their parade with the Cheetah thing yesterday. Couldn't they have waited a week or so?

Seems a weird thing for a label to do when you're trying to give maximum exposure to each band.

Just about to listen for the first time :O

I can't believe warp would go ahead and promote 'Cheetah' at the same time as releasing 'The Digging Remedy'.

This is incompetence at the highest level.. the head of marketing should be demoted.

Ok, time to lose myself in the Plaid Bubble!

fantastic work boys! i was gonna list standout tracks but then i realised that'd be most of them. looking forward to unwrapping the vinyl when i get home.

Haha, i love this forum for it's laidbackness (is that a word?)

There isn't even a thread for the album.. you know, like called, 'The Digging Remedy'.

Don't change... don't suck shit :)

vinyl arrived this morning,love it 1st listen,and i,m getting a timeless vibe,like each track could be from a previous release,familiar but new,masters at work right here (agreed about the scheduling by warp,strangely low key release this has been,even by plaids standards,doesn,t reflect on the music one bit tho,thats the most important thing)

Man, I loved "Clock", but then those last four tracks ("Salvadore" through "Wen") are beautiful. This is an excellent album. I wonder why all their classic artists are releasing shit all around the same time like this? I agree with Magdog's objection posted above--it's not very wise to let this Plaid release get swamped out by the Aphex announcement. I've always thought that Plaid was at a slight disadvantage marketing-wise, as their name isn't really as catchy or distinctive as Aphex or Autechre's. But their output is just as worthy of the attention. For that reason, it seems to me that Warp should take extra care in releasing excellent work like this.

Man, I loved "Clock", but then those last four tracks ("Salvadore" through "Wen") are beautiful. This is an excellent album. I wonder why all their classic artists are releasing shit all around the same time like this? I agree with Magdog's objection posted above--it's not very wise to let this Plaid release get swamped out by the Aphex announcement. I've always thought that Plaid was at a slight disadvantage marketing-wise, as their name isn't really as catchy or distinctive as Aphex or Autechre's. But their output is just as worthy of the attention. For that reason, it seems to me that Warp should take extra care in releasing excellent work like this.

Agreed on the last 4 tracks being the highlight. I'm still gushing over Dilatone personally. The only tracks I'm struggling with are The Bee (still...) and Lambswood.

Reeling Spiders starting to eek out Clock for my most listened to tune so far.

tried to purchase the track Nulls via itunes and a few other outlets, no avail. It sounds like one of the better of the new tracks..this album is great! Even.....lush?!

Guest bitroast

Agreed on the last 4 tracks being the highlight. I'm still gushing over Dilatone personally. The only tracks I'm struggling with are The Bee (still...) and Lambswood.

Reeling Spiders starting to eek out Clock for my most listened to tune so far.

reeling spiders really caught my attention to!

this whole album is super chill. tracks bleeding into one another with smooth overall album flow.

digging this :^)!!!

cant add anything to my cart, that site is, without a doubt, the worst site i've ever tried to navigate.

No dice. If anyone has the bonus shoot it this way if possible, preview sounds siicckk

I've listened to the whole album through now (FLAC from Bleep) and I do definitely like it (save for the new age flute). Agree that it's a chill album and agree that that last four tracks are highlights.

cant add anything to my cart, that site is, without a doubt, the worst site i've ever tried to navigate.

No dice. If anyone has the bonus shoot it this way if possible, preview sounds siicckk

I too couldn't add to cart. I could add to cart before I created an account, but afterwards I could not.

The Japanese site I've used before, http://ototoy.jp/top/, does not appear to have it at this time.

It's had it since yesterday but since last year, Ototoy put geo-restrictions on their site to stop people outside of Japan from buying tracks only licensed for sale in Japan.

vinyl arrived this morning,love it 1st listen,and i,m getting a timeless vibe,like each track could be from a previous release,familiar but new,masters at work right here

That's exactly what I get from this one as well. Familiar, but changed up so many notches.

Nearing the end of my first listen via Spotify. Definitely solid material and having just caught up on the thread, I'll agree about the strength of the last few tracks. Getting some old Plaid vibes here. I do wish some of the tracks were longer though. The 3 I heard prior to release seem quite short and some are even shorter. No matter though, as the running time is a respectable 44 minutes.

I do wish I hadn't listened to all 3 tracks released early though. I don't mind hearing a track preview before an album, and I'll usually try not to listen to it more than once or twice, but 3 and it hinders the "first listen" album experience for me, as too much of it is not fresh to me. But I did in fact only listen to the 3 tracks once each. Clocks maybe twice, as it was the first.

Archived