IGNORED

RIP Johan Cruijff (25 April 1947 – 24 March 2016)

A veritable quote machine:

"I'm not religious. In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw."

"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple."

"Italians can not beat us, but we can certainly lose against them."

and my favorite football quote ever:

"Speed is often confused with insight. When I start running earlier than the others, I appear faster."

RIP

A true football visionary and genius. Sad that he's passed on, he probably still had more to offer. Just watched clips of that video and it's a shame that there aren't more 2 footed players around, great to watch.

A veritable quote machine:

"I'm not religious. In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw."

"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple."

"Italians can not beat us, but we can certainly lose against them."

and my favorite football quote ever:

"Speed is often confused with insight. When I start running earlier than the others, I appear faster."

RIP

Amazing. Proof that a sharp mind is a vital part of being a great player. A sad loss.

There are very few player who I would rank up in his league. Henri and cantona are maybe two.

Archived