IGNORED

Folklore Tapes - SOMERSET FOLKLORE TAPES VOL.I - THE LOST VILLAGE OF CLICKET

Rubin Farr

• 1 month later...

Sounds wonderful but this is the last thing I need. I just dropped nearly £30 in total for the vinyl of DFT IV.

Hauntology is becoming quite expensive. No surprise there, I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Contains:

-7" Yellow Fungi Flexi

-20pg Full Colour field booklet

-10min DVD Documentary by Filmmakers Billy Bolton & Joe Wilson

-D/L Code

-Housed in Glassine Bag

"Due to the nature of flexi-disc production the finished sound on this run has turned out with surface noise on one side. The digital tracks do not contain this"

https://soundcloud.com/folklore-tapes/the-lost-village-of-clicket

Cannot imagine why they settle on one region but you'd best contact them. Surprised they didn't mention it in the promo blurb.

I went to Clicket a few weeks a go. It's extremely overgrown this time of year and difficultt to make out the remains. I met a farmer on the way back and he said best time is mid-winter. 

It certainly is very difficult to find, took me hours and it's a part of the world I am very familiar with having been born here.

Here's my stuff. My camera is poor in low light and I neglected to take a tripod. It makes everything dark because the area is very overgrown in summer. It's extremely beautiful and evocative however. I can see why DFT chose it.

fbxrIMHS.jpg 9c5Ylakw.jpg eLxzeJjU.jpg Yx8jq2Uh.jpg C5brTkjW.jpg GmIVHsKW.jpg KPZyDfFQ.jpg sK6vyyZi.jpg JH4N3wqD.jpg aDEKuCss.jpg FJyGxjmF.jpg ajYkKFN8.jpg

Great stuff, keep it coming! I was reading about a village called Clinkskell on Moon Wiring Club's site, but not sure if it's fictional like the Scarfolk stuff, or could I actually try to find it? Site said the roads are perilous and badly maintained.

http://www.blankworkshop.co.uk/page2.htm

Anyone know if Folklore's DVDs are region free?

The disc with Ginnel was a simple DVDr so I think you should be all good. And as regards Clinskell, as a dyed-in-the-wool English Northerner I can confirm that it definitely does not exist!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you expecting an album (especially given the price), you'll be disappointed. This isn't even an EP. 

Two tracks totalling eleven minutes. wtf.

For those of you expecting an album (especially given the price), you'll be disappointed. This isn't even an EP.

Two tracks totalling eleven minutes. wtf.

lol that's coz it's a flexi disc. the ginnel flexi was just a few seconds over 6min

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Archived