IGNORED

Listening to Analord for the first time...ever

Consequences

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you like the analord aesthetic, there's a whole load of other artists you should check out e.g. the EAP series by EOD, Last Step, my stuff (links in my signature), Th'idiot, Impakt, Fah, Jodey Kendrick, Monolith...

I like to think I had two first listens to Analord. The first time I hated it, but after I got into Rushup Edge I went through it all again and was stunned by how good it was. Analord 10, 2 and 4 are the standouts.

only got the chosen lords and wasn't to hot for it at first so i never got the rest digital on the rephlex site

years later i now know that's a huge mistake that i'll regret forever, i'm still playing the shit out of that album

:( i hope someday i will be able to buy the rest of those tracks

only got the chosen lords and wasn't to hot for it at first so i never got the rest digital on the rephlex site

Yeah, CL was my introduction to Analord and made a really limp impression on me even after repeated listens. But hearing the entire series was a whole other story. Great stuff. Somehow those CL tracks are much better in that other context. I'm not sure if it's the mix or what --there is at least one notable difference that I heard immediately, but I've never compared the tracks side by side.

Add me to the didn't really get into Chosen Lords when it came out but now love the full series list. Tuss too, embarrassingly enough. Didn't even buy the CD when I saw it in HMV, despite all the rumours it was aphex. Just dismissed it as more of the same(!) Shame.

Great to have the recommendations of similar stuff. Would add Beatwife to that group. And just discovered Iconic Black Suit; first thing that's pulled me away from Syro in a year.

The Tuss was the first of RDJ's non Aphex/AFX aliases I listened to, so I was just expecting a few fairly unremarkable, throwaway tracks. Going in with low expectations made it all the better when it turned out to be just as good as his best music.

I also have all 200+ of the user693486948whatever tracks to listen to (soundcloud dump I believe) for the first time, but sadly only 128kbps mp3.

Will give The Tuss a go :D

there is a pinned thread in the aphex twin subforum where all the tracks from the sounddump are archived in good sound quality,

download those :aphexsign:

Analords are slow burning embers of Aphexian Sound. Maybe no big firework displays but still fantastic imo. I keep coming back to them more and more. You cannot judge these on first handfuls of listens, you would be foolish if you did.

Played Phonatacid the other day and my jaw was yet again found on the floor. If I had a ray-gun pointed at my temple that track would be in my Aphex Top 10.

I think I have half a dozen of the records on vinyl but would really love the whole collection including the bonus tracks on flac. Please.

I remember getting really into his music around 2004, and realizing he hadn't released anything in years, wasn't expecting much, so when Analord was announced it was very exciting, I loved the stuff from 10 instantly, but the rest took me another year to get.

I remember it starting to make sense to me as I was drifting off to sleep after a little smoke...

Archived