IGNORED

What's up with the apathy toward Drukqs back in 2001?

Brisbot

Rushup Edge is the sound of someone who took 6 years to get back to being at ease with himself musically, after receiving bad press for drukqs.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't think so. I'd say he was just burned out on meticulously detailing his tracks after drukqs and started to put less emphasis on detail and more on composition. That became Analord, and Rushup Edge is a progression.

Rushup Edge is the sound of someone who took 6 years to get back to being at ease with himself musically, after receiving bad press for drukqs.

No, I don't think so. I'd say he was just burned out on meticulously detailing his tracks after drukqs and started to put less emphasis on detail and more on composition. That became Analord, and Rushup Edge is a progression.

This is all assuming that he didn't make any music between these two periods, which I don't believe at all...

yeah, he's slowly gotten back into 'more detail' with those more nuanced melodies from Analord -> Syro

I think that Richard has been comfortable with his tracks since the beginning. There really wasn't anything that he was afraid to do.

Selected Ambient Works Volume II is the sound of someone who lent their drum machine to a mate and never got it back.

I'm actually hoping for a left (or right) turn from him. I don't mind whatever he does, but I hope the next release is less acid, more experimental. Like say how alspacka isn't acid but kinda feels like acid... er, the timbre of the sound. For interesting, perhaps less formanty sounds used as the lead in tracks. I'm only saying this because i've been staying away from acid for a few months now. hehe. I'm biased.

Then when I get back to acid I want him to come back to it :)

I want ALL of his releases to match my mood. ALLLLLLLL

oh come on, maybe drills combined with some new textures! He never gave a proper go at granular synthesis. You can do some really cool stuff with it and can control it real well.

Or perhaps additive synthesis! So many cool things you can do with additive synths that make subtractive synths (kinda) seem out of date. Still use them a lot, but additive synthesis is definitely (my) future.. I think.. some part of it.. and the present. eh.

oh come on, maybe drills combined with some new textures!

That sounds super lush actually

I think the main thing... is that I'd like to hear drills without breaks. Like spend some time making the drums textures until you find some new you haven't heard and can be combined in a unique way. This applies to anyone, not just afx.

oh come on, maybe drills combined with some new textures!

That sounds super lush actually

I think the main thing... is that I'd like to hear drills without breaks. Like spend some time making the drums textures until you find some new you haven't heard and can be combined in a unique way. This applies to anyone, not just afx.

Damogen Furies and Ufabulum would be the right albums for you then.

It took me ten years to get around to checking out Drukqs properly. I bought the Cock10 (title?) promo 12" and loved it, then excitedly bought the album on 4LP the day it came out (HMV Oxford Street - I was amazed they had it on vinyl!). But it was in that frustratingly large box and spread over eight sides, so I never really made it through a few sides at a time before the temptation to put an LP on got to the stoner in me. So eventually I sold the 4LP and bought it on 2CD and immediately fell in love with it, it was like receiving a brand new Aphex album (these were the days when we weren't getting new Aphex albums every other week ;) ). I've not yet got around to sequencing just the piano pieces and listening to those as one album, but a friend does it regularly and thinks it's his best 'album'. Each to their own.

I have a lot of 'pretend' albums in my head (and occasionally on my iPod, like the Dead Cities double album), and since putting the tracklists together earlier in the thread, the separate Drukqs and CCAI1 albums are now among them. They both work incredibly well as individual albums and I do really think it's a shame they weren't released like that.

I have a lot of 'pretend' albums in my head (and occasionally on my iPod, like the Dead Cities double album), and since putting the tracklists together earlier in the thread, the separate Drukqs and CCAI1 albums are now among them. They both work incredibly well as individual albums and I do really think it's a shame they weren't released like that.

I agree.I prefer to listen to drukqs like that.

Archived