IGNORED

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story <Spoilers>

Rubin Farr

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't teasers be a surprise?

They definitely should. Plus spoiling the surprise with a useless, 15 seconds video, containing like 2 secs of actual movie footage really is a shame.

They definitely should. Plus spoiling the surprise with a useless, 15 seconds video, containing like 2 secs of actual movie footage really is a shame.

teasing a teaser. that's the way it's done these days.

just like announcing an announcement. so many bands do that today.

Guest bitroast

... after having such mixed feelings on seeing Ep7 @ cinema (and then enjoying it during home session) i think it's safe to say i'll be waiting for home media to watch this one ( not caring an inch about spoilers helps). there's a weird cosplay/fanfilm vibe to this trailer. with the sets + remixes of original tunes. but it looks fun.

it's especially nice to see something fresh being done with star wars, as far as how the film is being filmed, etc.etc.etc.

Reminds me of the Prometheus trailer.

Looks promising, based around an existing film franchise, big budget, fresh cast, noisy klaxon alarms making a tense trailer sound track.

But... Then the film came out

Teasers for trailers must be the dumbest thing ever.

i can't wait until they start making trailers of the trailer's trailer.

teasing teasers teasing teasers

teasing a teaser. that's the way it's done these days.

just like announcing an announcement. so many bands do that today.

This is what happens when you try to sell hype rather than an actual cultural product :cisfor:

So... was that Vader we saw kneeling?

Also, was that Mads Mikkelsen playing a Imperial Grand Admiral (the guy in white with the cape in two shots)?

The Asian martial artist bit was a bit cringey, and I'm not 100% if they captured the look of the time period (Episode IV), but so far looks good.

Reminds me of the Prometheus trailer.

Looks promising, based around an existing film franchise, big budget, fresh cast, noisy klaxon alarms making a tense trailer sound track.

But... Then the film came out

and it was the best Sci Fi Movie of the century !

Guest bitroast

Eh I think this is me checking out of the star wars franchise. Caravan of Courage 2.0

i'm getting this vibe too. but for me it's more like a slightly off cringe-y 80s cartoon. and i'm ... kind of ... fine with this.

the REAL ghostbusters, stylin'.

Guest bitroast

Cool. Glad the Death Star is in it.

death star is now in episode 3, episode 4, episode 6, episode 7. rogue one. the real question is will the little guy make an appearance in the han solo standalone.

Will they take the Batman/Superman approach and pack it with every Original Trilogy extra character they can shoehorn into the plot, or ration them out 1 or 2 at a time for the spinoffs, I'm wondering. We could see:

Mon Mothma (confirmed)

Darth Vader (confirmed)

R2 & C3PO

Emperor Palpatine

Moff Tarkin

Bail Organa

Princess Leia

Captain Antilles

Bounty Hunters

Biggs Darklighter

Old Clone Troopers (as seen in Rebels)

pretty much anyone except Luke, Han, Lando and Jedi

Don't forget a Death Star origin story.

Already done in Episode II - attack of the clones - the Geonosians designed the Death Star and gave the plans to Count Dooku to get off the planet before the Republic Clones invaded.

Archived