IGNORED

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story <Spoilers>

Rubin Farr

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never felt more neutral about a movie

you should get right w/the force.

neutral is the path to the bland side, forever will it dominate your destiny.  

"would you like fries with that?"

LOL 

I'd love to see the podcasters faces seeing they're being shat on by rlm. (response video's please!!! ;D)

Also, good to have this golden oldie at hand:

it's really good to see RLM not taking the piss for once and instead having a sincere and honest discussion. I do want more of that!

saw this tonight; almost wasn't going to bother going at all, just wait until a bluray rip surfaced, but my brother and sister were going so I tagged along...

and I was pleasantly surprised, far better than The Force Awakens, this one actually has a proper plot the writers had to come up with all by themselves! good job guys (I mean I like TFA, but it was little more than a nostalgia trip with some likable characters). characters were all pretty good, solid acting (aside from Forest Whitaker who didn't seem to know what he was going for at all). Mendelsohn was great in it, but could've been given a bit more to do. action sequences were all very well directed. looked pretty great from start to finish. only real quibbles would be the pacing of the first 30 mins or so, too much crammed in, with lots of jumping around, was a bit of a mess. but once it settled in it was fine. and there was no shortage of cheesy dialog (for the two lightsaber battery monks in particular, but show me a Star Wars film without any cheesy dialog...).

the stuff on the the imperial hard disk repository planet was great in particular, far better than anything in any of the prequels or The Force Awakens (which had a particularly dull climax imho).

thought they pulled off Tarkin quite well, a few times he looked a bit uncanny valley, but it was a good effort (though no reason they couldn't have just got another actor), Leia looked really weird in her tiny cameo though, should've just shot her from the back or something. Vader was good, though his helmet design hasn't aged well, it has really lost any menace for me at this point, his entire frame and the way he moves about just doesn't work inspiring fear like it did back when the originals came out (that I can't prevent myself imagining his hilariously bad NOOOOOO every time I see him now doesn't help either). but there's nothing to be done there I guess, and was still fun to see him kick ass at the end, never really got to see that in the originals.

Return of the Jedi was just on the telly earlier, and noticed for the first time in the shitty special-edition-added-celebration-scenes at the end, a bunch of Jar Jars jumping up and down  :facepalm:

Return of the Jedi was just on the telly earlier, and noticed for the first time in the shitty special-edition-added-celebration-scenes at the end, a bunch of Jar Jars jumping up and down  :facepalm:

lol I remember that, and shaking my head when I saw it. 

I saw it in 3D and enjoyed it quite a bit... There were a few pacing issues, but overall a fun film.

it definitely took too long to get going.

I agree, it also took me quite a while to figure out the main characters names... A couple I didn't catch at all tbh

Now you come to mention it, I've seen it twice and I couldn't tell you any of the characters names :/

I believe the girl was called Elsa Quinn?

Now you come to mention it, I've seen it twice and I couldn't tell you any of the characters names :/

I believe the girl was called Elsa Quinn?

i don't know any of the characters' names either.. other than the old characters.  i remember jar jar though. ;)

IMO, having 3PO and R2 on Yavin-4 made little sense, they were assigned to the Tantive IV by Bail Organa under the command of Captain Antilles, so there was little reason for them to disembark for some ground assignment.  Droids were assigned to ships like accessories, i.e. R2 came from Padme's Royal Starship and was then welcomed into the group of adventurers.  Since 3PO had his mind wiped at the end of EPIII, he was just another generic protocol droid, with what seemed like vague realizations he was working for the Rebel Alliance.  After they hooked up with Luke and Obi-Wan, it was a different story, but before that it seems like too much of a fan service cameo just to cram them into this film.

Archived