IGNORED

Shobaleader One - Squarepusher Theme

pizza

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing it's still Alex Thomas, formerly of Bolt Thrower and Squarepusher (nice combination of names!). The drummer in the Shobaleader video sounds like he's played quite a bit with Jenkinson, anyway.

I don't know if the guy in that clip is Alex but yes, Tom had a metal drummer on the JAS tour with him. and I'm pretty sure he was involved in Shooberleads as well.

there is some amazing drum work to be found in metal, once you become cool with the aggro nature of it (if that isn't your thing to start with).

I asked the same question about the drummer in another thread and phudo and caze answered that it was a different drummer so...

But yeah, he's insanely good.

I really hope Warp efforts to start the hype around Shobaleader One reaaaally means album coming soon-ish !!!

Yeh 2-cd yokey would be great .....Shoba jams/tracks and squarepusher covers - give me two tracks each from FMWT->JAS inclusive and i'd be a happy camper. even better if they manage a dyks/go plastic track!

Guest bitroast

the helmets seem so gimmicky.

at very least, doesn't seem to be stopping them from delivering their fine produce and excellent music man ship skills.

Guest bitroast

this is sooooo noice.

I like the helmets.

ye me 2.. seeing one dude with helmet is weird (why is that man wearing a helmet) but seeing a whole uniformed band is kind of rad.

As far as who the band members are I was under the impression TJ enlisted Troyka: Chris Montague (guitar), Joshua Blackmore (drums) and Kit Downs (Keys). They are a killer group together and I imagine TJ would have wanted the whole package...

I always tut at the people recording live performances on their phones, thinking of them as ruining the show. But then, because of them, I get to see wonderful things like this, and I am conflicted...

Also lol at the drummer's broken mask.

Archived