Soloman Tump presents: "Karnekie Link"

1. The Host - DARPA Spectrum / Paraxis III [Elasen Lectures] (Touch Sensitive Records, TSR003LP,2015)
  2. Felix K - Silent Money [Tragedy of the Commons] (Blackest Ever Black, BLACKEST036, 2015)
  3. Ekoplekz - Four Track Mind [Four Track Mind LP] (Planet Mu, ZIQ353, 2014)
  4. Blanck Mass - Life Science [Dumb Flesh LP] (Sacred Bones Records, SBR 136LP, 2015)
  5. Perispirit - 14th Annual Séance [spiritual Church Movement] (Digitalis Recordings, DIGIV038, 2012)
  6. Oyaarss - Klusums, Tveice, Lietusgāze [smaida Greizi Nākamība] (Ad Noiseam, ADN163LP, 2012)
  7. Garrincha & The Stolen Elk - I Don't Believe You [Void EP] (Weird Forest Records, WEIRD072 2010)
  8. Necro Deathmort - Channel Fever [ep2] (Distraction Records, DIST30 2014)
  9. Grey Area - A2 [Volume 3] (Grey Area, Grey Area 003, 2016)
  10. Autechre - PCE Freeze 2.8i [Move of Ten] (Warp, WAP505x, 2010)
  11. Shackleton - Silver Keys [Freezing Opening Thawing] (Woe to the septic heart!, Septic05, 2014)
  12. Icarus - Despair [soviet Igloo EP] (Not Applicable, NOT001, 2001)
  13. Venetian Snares - Your [Your Face EP] (Planet Mu, ZIQ 367, 2015)
  14. Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene Part 3 [Oxygene] (Les Disques Motors , 2933 207, 1977)

I did a mix of some recent (and not so recent) drone / ambient / techno-ish stuff, mostly played at the wrong speeds.

This is a straight from vinyl mix and its all layered rather than beat matched.

I think the tunes work together quite well.

More mixes to come soon - all from my extensive vinyl collection. I am planning house, techno, trance and d&b mixes where I can actually do some proper mixing - this was a palette cleanser to get me back into the mood for DJing.

Note:- There is a bodge transition into the Autechre tune because my wife kept trying to talk to me.

Edit:- Complete with surface noise. I love that shit.

Edited by fletcher

because my wife kept trying to talk to me.

Edit:- Complete with surface noise. I love that shit.

haha, will they ever learn?

- "god damn it woman, its man cave time......."

and kudos for the snap, crackle & pops, will give this a whirlwind over the weekend chap

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By auxien
      just happened across this YT channel that's basically just a trove of tape rips (mostly it seems at least) of DJ sets. clicked on a few and listening to this FSOL one right now: 
      and starting this Carl Cox mix right now it sounds wild:
      [edit: that bassline that comes in at 22:11 is so goddamned dirty. so many awesome synth lines all throughout this thing tho fuckin hell]
      anyway i imagine a lot of this is available elsewhere but i'm guessing there's definitely some in here that isn't. maybe dig and share some gems. seemed maybe worth its own topic for sharing ones from this channel and similar era rarities stuff in the same vein...archive.org probably has some up there as well.
    • By ilt17
      Hi,
      So since early 2019 I've been spending a lot of time gathering all my favorite bits from Vsnares catalog, eventually gathering them in this massive mix.
      I tried to make it more eventful than a simple "deck to deck" mix, yet smooth and enjoyable for a casual listener. Hardcore fans might enjoy tracking down all the subtleties too.
      No deck was used, all the sync & mix was done with Audacity and Calculator, a few effects were added sporadically. Almost every track has been edited at some point.
      I tried a Mixcloud upload but this got instantly unavailable for USA listeners (really...), so I quickly did a Mixlr link :
      https://mixlr.com/nyuhm/showreel/lcmx03-venetian-snares-4
      Tracklist : https://pastebin.com/JYAnFYTN
      Hope you enjoy.
      PS: some might remember 4 years ago i applied the same principle on Autechre discography, still online (and ok for USA ;) : https://www.mixcloud.com/NYUHM/autechre-25-years-the-megamix/
    • By kreeeg
      heeellooooo:) I received a lot of requests to upload the mixes from the super radio shows we are doing, as archive, and especially for this one, which seems to have triggered a lot of friends and headz! so im happy to make it public for your psycho-physical well-being during these hard days, and to celebrate, and thanks for a big small victory...
      having reached 3000 friends on Soundcloud platform!!! bless u, stay safe, stay rave !
      (will post tracklist soon!!

• By auxien
      made a mix of a bunch of stuff i bought yesterday on Bandcamp
      links in the Soundcloud description in no order - or also you could just peruse my recent Bandcamp purchases here: https://bandcamp.com/araucariaceae
      i don't make mixes so forgive if some of the transitions and such are weird, but they're deliberate and i like them so ? 

hope you enjoy and maybe find some new tunes + artists you like
    • By shruggit
      Hi gang, I would like to share with you all my jungle mixtape... it's got classics, its got acapella, its got rolling basslines, no it hasn't been very well mastered or EQd but lots of love and hell of a lot of time went into it, thanks and hope you enjoy, heres the link + tracklist:
      https://www.mixcloud.com/shruggit/junglistic-voyage/
      DJ Food - Fungle Junk (1995)
      Kid Lib - Jugglin Set Speed (2013)
      Bay B Kane - Mother Earth (1995)
      DJ Nut Nut - Back To My Roots (1995)
      Plug - Back On Time (2011)
      Intense - The Dreamer (1994)
      Lemon D - I can't stop (1995)
      Ray Keith - Special Technique (1996)
      Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit VIP) (2016)
      Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play VIP) (1995)
      LTJ Bukem - Horizons (1995)
      Adam F - Circles (1997)
      Sully - Flock (2015)
      Nut-E-1 & Teknarchi - Tuneful (1995)
      Novelist - Incredible Freestyle
      Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite remix) (1997)
      MTS - Assembly Line (1995)
      Macc - If... (2005)
      Babylon Timewarp - Changing (1995)
      Origin Unknown - Valley of Shadows (1993)
      Spirits from an Urban Jungle - Prologue to Freedom (1994)
      Lemon D - Manhattan Melody (1995)
      E-Z Rollers - Walk this land (Lock Stock full length mix) (1999)
      Alex Reece - FVR (1997)
      Double X-Posure - Go with the Flow (1993)