IGNORED

Prince (1958-2016)

joshuatxuk

erotic city is fucking insane. 84??? perfect. I've just been in and out of it all day. so upset. a genius and a genius we will never see again. the last musical genius to achieve widespread acclaim. making music is always this collaborative effort, the songwriting, the singing, the performing, the production, the recording... but with prince.... it's actually just prince. those first 4 albums are literally just prince on all the instruments. hard to imagine.

i realized i needed prince in my life when all my musical idols just kept saying prince over and over again. when your heroes are obsessed with prince... it's time u became obsessed yourself

Cgm9nXBUoAQP3n8.jpg

Cgm9nXMUYAA6LwJ.jpg

Cgm9nYqUgAE674J.jpg

Used to ride from Minneapolis past this studio all the time to visit some friends. It's been a dark and rainy day in the metro. I'm not one for superstition but I thought the above photos of his studio were a nice departure from all the gloominess.

RIP

cheers C, funny, insightful & having an ex who had a serious Nordstrom addiction brought some not too serious flashbacks

Purple Music is a rare Prince track reworked and edited via various folks over time, proper groover

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1m0g4w

I really want to know more about that track you shared, it's amazing! What's the source, who are playing on here, when / where was this released? Sounds like it could be a Peven Everett track or something.

cheers C, funny, insightful & having an ex who had a serious Nordstrom addiction brought some not too serious flashbacks

Purple Music is a rare Prince track reworked and edited via various folks over time, proper groover

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1m0g4w

I really want to know more about that track you shared, it's amazing! What's the source, who are playing on here, when / where was this released? Sounds like it could be a Peven Everett track or something.

Purple Music is an unreleased song, recorded at some point in 1982 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio, Chanhassen MN, USA. It is unknown if it was considered for inclusion on 1999 or any other project.

The song is a somewhat monotonous uptempo track, sparsely instrumented by a bouncy drum machine beat provided by the Linn LM-1 and a synth bass line, a scratchy guitar lick reminiscent of Controversy and a simple synth-lead line, not too far removed from the lead line of All The Critics Love U In New York.

It has an anti-drug message in which Prince says that "purple music" does the same to his brain as reefer or cocaine. Prince's voice sounds slightly manipulated (although not to the effect that he would later utilize for the Camille songs), to suggest he is indeed getting high on his music as he sings.

The song made its first and live appearance 28 years after its recording, on 23 July 2010 (am), played in a medley with All The Critics Love U In New York.

I was amazed MTV actually stopped it's normal programming & dedicated the rest of the day to Prince videos/movies. I never thought I would see the day of music being played on MTV again. Fuck man, still trippin' this morning on his passing. I hope the vault of unreleased music sees the light of day. I'm sure there's a few gems in there.

I was amazed MTV actually stopped it's normal programming & dedicated the rest of the day to Prince videos/movies. I never thought I would see the day of music being played on MTV again. Fuck man, still trippin' this morning on his passing. I hope the vault of unreleased music sees the light of day. I'm sure there's a few gems in there.

its prince dude. the man was a god

good time to point out the yo la tengo side-project called dump. it's exclusively garage rock prince covers and it's incredible.

everyday i learn/hear something new, this is great

I remember first seeing Prince playing this solo and my jaw dropped. He was fucking amazing.

Amazing how he put those other guitar legends to SHAME with that solo...

I remember first seeing Prince playing this solo and my jaw dropped. He was fucking amazing.

yes! the definition of fucking amazing. wow

good time to point out the yo la tengo side-project called dump. it's exclusively garage rock prince covers and it's incredible.

everyday i learn/hear something new, this is great

their cover of when u were mine is fucking great