IGNORED

Lone ~ Levitate

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

ye ye ye. im looking forward to digging into this. i've found whenever i would listen to one of the last 2 albums at home, i would have a tendency to put on the other album immediately (forget the names of the albums... galaxy somethingsomething featuring machinedrum, and vibert-y house album). looking forward to digging into this one and ... if it is a short listen, jumping back and forth between the diff albums : ) : )

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, i was planning on going digital only for this release but that limited edition sky blue vinyl at Bleep was way too hard to pass up....

This album is sounding really special - wish it was a track or two longer! Amazing summer tunes, this dude does it every time.

just came back from the above and it was sick.

boiler room looks so awkward when watching streams but live it is legit! it's a great set up having everyone around the DJs on the floor. lone only played 3 tracks from the new album (I think), 2 of which were the tracks already released, but they were all absolute barnstormers! this record is going to be outstanding. the man is making music I really wish I made first.

When the stream is up point yourself out to us pls!
Lol. Did this get uploaded yet?

outstanding album. there's more variation than i thought there'd be, i thought it would be non-stop jungle bangers but there is some nice ambient & chill out vibes in between. it's definitely on the short side though, but i'd rather be left wanting more than having it drag on! GJ Lone.

just came back from the above and it was sick.

boiler room looks so awkward when watching streams but live it is legit! it's a great set up having everyone around the DJs on the floor. lone only played 3 tracks from the new album (I think), 2 of which were the tracks already released, but they were all absolute barnstormers! this record is going to be outstanding. the man is making music I really wish I made first.

When the stream is up point yourself out to us pls!
Lol. Did this get uploaded yet?
haha i don't think you'll see me on the vid, i stood on the other side of the cameras for the DJs and when lone was on the cam doesn't catch the crowd. you can watch it here though https://boilerroom.tv/session/br-nottingham-lone/

Damn, how about the last 2 minutes on Sleepwalkers? This album finds a good balance of beat driven tunes and laid back summer night chill vibes.

Yeah, it's just gorgeous. Completely agree with your assessment of the album as a whole as well.

Guest bitroast

funny. i enjoyed Reality Testing. will need to revisit it some.

ordered levitate and lemurian off bleep and the order comes with Lone Mix CD Promo Item. can't figure out if its supposed to come with a or b... or what it is ?

enjoying the new album plenty. short but concise. hits the spot 8^)

I think Reality Testing mightve been better if Airglow Fires and Begin to Begin both weren't on it. I had played those tunes to death by the time it came out. That and I recall him saying he deliberately tried to make an album that didn't sound like him. Which is an odd mindset to be in. Still has its moments though. I dig it.

Levitate on the other hand is phenomenal! Totally gotta cop that blue vinyl, I need to spin these tracks properly. I think the little Bleep mini-description describes this album perfectly. Good job whoever wrote it!

I think Reality Testing mightve been better if Airglow Fires and Begin to Begin both weren't on it. I had played those tunes to death by the time it came out. That and I recall him saying he deliberately tried to make an album that didn't sound like him. Which is an odd mindset to be in. Still has its moments though. I dig it.

i don't think he said that, he said he was planning to do a more "straight-up" hip hop and house record.

Galaxy Garden was my favourite record of 2012. i thought Reality Testing was more of a side step, but Levitate is him progressing again.

Reality Testing is still great, but nothing on this.

What's that synth sound that comes in at the 2 minute mark on Triple Helix?

Sounds like it's been lifted directly from Orbital.

Great album though.

i don't think he said that, he said he was planning to do a more "straight-up" hip hop and house record.

Galaxy Garden was my favourite record of 2012. i thought Reality Testing was more of a side step, but Levitate is him progressing again.

Reality Testing is still great, but nothing on this.

I was just thinking of this (41:40ish):

"I tried to make a record where I made straight-up hip-hop and straight-up house and get away from anything that sounded like me, but then sort of like three-quarters of the way through it I realized that that's just not going to happen. It's always going to have this weird spirit going through it."

So I guess he's learned to embrace his weird spirit thing and run with it haha

What's that synth sound that comes in at the 2 minute mark on Triple Helix?

Sounds like it's been lifted directly from Orbital.

Great album though.

Reminded me a whole lot of this, now that you mention it:

Archived