IGNORED

Lone ~ Levitate

Guest bitroast

guessing this is familiar territory for those who've dug into lones other aliases/projects ... new to me!!! (thank you youtube recommendations hehehe)

early lone + other dude (lemurian vibes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQ9cFynlO0

Kona Triangle is incredible and I would give anything to hear more of this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kona Triangle album was excellent. Keaver and Brause I never got along with (I'm assuming there was only the one record but I may be wrong), it may be time to revisit that. And I wonder if Matt Cutler will ever return to play in Nottingham? Still loving Levitate, btw.

Guest bitroast

ye doesnt fit the tone of the track at all imo

it reminds of ~2000 when a good number of "idm tracks" getting a music video would be dark and gritty and in the vein of chris cunningham simply cos dark and gritty and in the visual style of chris cunninghman went hand in hand with "idm track" regardless of whether or not the track called for it.

i dnno. is weird. the track is so lussssh nd chil.

When I listen to Lone, I want to escape into a land of lushness - not gangland bullshit

Yeah this is more along the lines of my kind of lush Lone visuals

[vimeo]38646066[/vimeo]

First few listens and I'm digging this, esp. since Galaxy Garden was great and Reality Testing was so underwhelming. And yeah that was really annoying to have a single out for almost a year only to include both tracks on an album - kids, don't do this!

Also, Lone did a really good guest mix on Solid Steel the other week (downloadable):

http://www.solidsteel.net/broadcasts/1009

Listened to this a couple times now. Slightly underwhelmed but probably just because I've been rinsing the new Autechre so hard.

There's definitely some pretty bare influences here. Orbital's "Lush" is probably the most obvious but I'm also hearing some Freescha/Fieldtriqp style drippy leads, and some B12 pads. Even getting some Aphex vibes here and there. But, yeah, good summer tunes, and there's a couple particularly good tracks on here.

It feels really short, too though, again maybe just coming from the new Autechre.

awesome video for Backtail was heavy. also for 1 sec i thought Actress is in it (around 4:20)

damn

really different then his previous work. Always kinda liked Lone but thought he was somehow doing always the same kinda track over and over.

this is awesome though and very different

guessing this is familiar territory for those who've dug into lones other aliases/projects ... new to me!!! (thank you youtube recommendations hehehe)

A great album for sure. It was released towards the tail end of when myspace was still relevant and there were a couple of tracks featured on the Kona Triangle page that never made it to the final album, which is a shame as one of them in particular was absolutely gorgeous (Kona 14, you can listen to the track here - though it might only be a sample given its brevity, who knows - at https://myspace.com/konatriangle (if you can't get the audio to play open the page on Microsoft edge as it works for me there and not on Chrome).

A great album for sure. It was released towards the tail end of when myspace was still relevant and there were a couple of tracks featured on the Kona Triangle page that never made it to the final album, which is a shame as one of them in particular was absolutely gorgeous (Kona 14, you can listen to the track here - though it might only be a sample given its brevity, who knows - at https://myspace.com/konatriangle (if you can't get the audio to play open the page on Microsoft edge as it works for me there and not on Chrome).

fuck I LOVED that album, I never knew about these outtake tracks

There's definitely some pretty bare influences here. Orbital's "Lush" is probably the most obvious but I'm also hearing some Freescha/Fieldtriqp style drippy leads, and some B12 pads. Even getting some Aphex vibes here and there. But, yeah, good summer tunes, and there's a couple particularly good tracks on here.

Yeah I really dug this release because he's starting to get out of his comfort zone a bit more in terms of timbres and different synths while still not completely abandoning his "trademark" sound. Besides the influences mentioned already I feel like this is the most d'n'b sounding album too, not just rave-y hip-house but more like good looking records era dnb. "Alpha Wheel" especially.

Best album yet imo from the man .

i think this, Galaxy Garden and Lemuria are the 3 essential Lone albums at the moment.

No Emerald Fantasy Tracks?? I'd rate that one way above Galaxy Garden personally.

Best album yet imo from the man .

i think this, Galaxy Garden and Lemuria are the 3 essential Lone albums at the moment.
No Emerald Fantasy Tracks?? I'd rate that one way above Galaxy Garden personally.
i friggin love Emerald Fantasy Tracks. Ecstasy & Friends too, but those albums are kind of refinements of what he's done before, but the above 3 albums are where he really steps it up in some way or another and where he does something more.

Archived