BCM

ah the inevitable high-horse post

*looks at watch"

You're late

I actually edited some spreadsheets while riding my horse over here

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall seeing college students with laptops 10 years ago on public buses in Austin. Even though I was lugging mine everywhere at the time for school there's no way I'd get it out on a public bus.

exactly... whenever i see these people they're never actually doing anything productive...literally just clicking around empty cells...why they feel the need to show off a laptop worth approximately £14.50 is beyond me. why are you so keen to start your pointless work anyway? wait until you get to the office for good sake...enjoy your train journey, look at the nice scenery, go to the toilet and have your morning poo... i think generally it's men of a certain age who still think a laptop computer is cutting edge and gives some sort of kudos.

lol clicking on empty cells...

lol, would love to have a video of that.

As long as they're not talking on the phone or blasting Rihanna at max volume. Spreadsheets are a special kind of sad though.

true, i also cant stand when peoples earbuds are so loud you can tell what they are listening to

i remember back in 2005 or so seeing a dude in a college campus store walking around with speakers in his backpack cranked up and playing offspring. i have no idea how i managed to only roll my eyes and ignore it at the time. i thought i was annoying back then with how i dressed and all but jesus christ, i never did anything like that, even as a teen

Guest WNS000

once during a ICE ride there was a couple diagonally opposite of me, they were watching a movie on a MacBook, without headphones. WTF? How can you possibly think that's ok?

When I asked them to turn it down, they looked baffled. Did not understand why.

I wanna kill such idiots. I hate them with passion. Same with the open-back headphones too loud. Fuck em.

at least twice a week on my morning commute there are people on the train watching shit on their phones without headphones. its baffling, these are the same people that lean on poles and lay down across seats when there are 3 in a row open. i had a dude in a cheap suit tell me "he worked all day" when i asked him to stop leaning on the pole so I could hold on too. so did everyone else on the fucking train. there were like 3 other people huddled around too i was just the first person to say something. luckily after i was dismissed they realized we had strength in numbers and basically shooed the guy away. people just have no awareness of their surroundings.

/rant

As long as they're not talking on the phone or blasting Rihanna at max volume. Spreadsheets are a special kind of sad though.

true, i also cant stand when peoples earbuds are so loud you can tell what they are listening to

i remember back in 2005 or so seeing a dude in a college campus store walking around with speakers in his backpack cranked up and playing offspring. i have no idea how i managed to only roll my eyes and ignore it at the time. i thought i was annoying back then with how i dressed and all but jesus christ, i never did anything like that, even as a teen

Man, there is a special place in hell for people who feel the need to impose their taste in music on everyone around them. Those speaker backpacks drive me nuts.

i'm currently on a packed commuter train going home from london...there's a large woman next to me with a ridiculous amount of shopping bags all kind of spread out everywhere. some of them are touching my leg. i might flip out guys...

edit: she's also clutching a factsheet entitled HEALTH MATTERS! i might flip out guys...

It's just so you can claim it as work time and then leave work an hour early?

Also, the worst are the people who call to teleconferences from any public transport. And I mean for other people participating to that conference. The sudden heart attack inducing rise on the noise level when the mic gets turned on..

currently in full dickhead mode on macbook at airport browsing forum with post about wankers on laptops

hope they dont let me on the plane . nowifi.

People who talk work with their colleagues on trains, or even in public in general. So fucking boring. All those stories of them running into X while going to the meeting for the X75C plan, telling Y off because he or she's lazy and doesn't handle the corespreading-managing-leadership-scoreboard-easing or whatever properly, using their fucking made up words and expressions to actually sound like they do interesting stuff when it just really couldn't sound lamer.

Also, the worst are the people who call to teleconferences from any public transport. And I mean for other people participating to that conference. The sudden heart attack inducing rise on the noise level when the mic gets turned on..

you need this:

http://www.globalservices.bt.com/uk/en/products/btmeetme-with-dolby-voice

honestly really good and the auto background noise suppression is extremely effective.

Interesting topic. I've never been on a train or plane. I've lived in texas all my life and have only been to texas and florida. Never been to a liberal state. Please tell me your adventures. Are they really super degenerate unsuccessful hobos as my conservative brothers and sisters tell me?

fuck, even I noticed this while in the UK. lots and lots and lots of spreadsheets.

p.s.

I would have been worried if he died or not.

why is it more okay to listen to people talking than listen to other people's music coming out of their mobile fones? i listen to music on my mobile fone all the time trough the speaker no eadfones, and yeah, everyone looks at me liek, wtf, i don't care... speaking is overrated, people should speak less and listen more... :doge:

I take a commuter bus into work each day, and here are my public transportation pet peeves:

• Fuckers who play their music too loud with shitty headphones so all you hear is the high frequencies
  • Fuckers who watch videos on their phones without headphones
  • Fuckers who let their stupid-ass ringtones cycle as they fumble lazily for their phone
  • Fuckers who talk loudly on their phones
  • Fuckers who put people on speakerphone (yes, really)
  • Fuckers who sit in the outside seat, hoping nobody will sit beside them (I purposely make them get up or shift over)
  • (Male) Fuckers who sit with their legs spread wide, bumping their knees against my leg (your shit ain't that big, bro - get over it)
  • Fat people who come down the aisle, their bags and shit hitting you (if you're lucky), or their fat arse/leg bumping into you (if you're unlucky)
  • Fuckers who don't queue up for the bus and instead stand under the shelter and then casually walk up to the bus, cutting the queue
  • Fuckers who don't wait until the rows in front of them disembark, getting up and pushing their way through
  • Fuckers that bring too much shit with them - drive in, FFS if you're going to bring your standing desk to work that day
  • Fuckers that eat on the bus, or worse, bring smelly foods left over from their lunch or breakfast (n.b.: there is no eating on the bus, big fucking sign in plain sight lets everyone know that
  • Fuckers that come on the bus sick (yeah, we all get sick sometime - well, I don't, but that's neither here nor there) and cough and sniffle
  • Fuckers who lean their chairs back all the way (there is really not that much room to do this, and I end up either staring into the person's hair (which can be a terrifying experience if their hygiene is not the best)
  • Women who decide to roll out the Revlon dashboard and do their makeup and primping on the way in
  • Fuckers who wear way too much cologne/perfume (and it's almost always bad smelling; at least buy the good shit)
  • Fuckers you catch looking at what you're doing on your phone (time to get that privacy screen protector)

Keep in mind this is supposed to be a commuter bus, mostly filled with "professionals". Goddamn.

Archived