IGNORED

red moon -- flashy eyes

Fredd-E

http://barneum.com/twoism/viewtopic.php?t=...r=asc&start=304

Hello everybody,

I'm glad I found this site. Well, here's what I know: There is some kind of event happening next week - I have a friend who is working with another guy who works with Boards, he works mainly as a TV&film editor here in Glasgow. They've been hiring generators and PA and sourcing other interesting stuff (20m lengths of gauze?!!?) for the past couple of weeks and according to what he said it definitely seems to be some sort of outdoor gig. He doesn't know yet where it is. The 'hexagon sun' guy has been very evasive when asked last week, but that the location was going to be announced this week. (is it coordinates in the code pictures?) I actually got the impression it was happening around Glasgow but I might be wrong. I don't think this is a huge festival sized event. In fact I think it sounds like there's no permission, it sounds illegal.. My friend received a photgraphic card with eyes a bit like the pictures on their site. and although its an invitation it sounds like he was encouraged to bring friends. I don't know any more - whose playing or what - but I'm thinking of going obviously. I'll post here tomorrow hopefully.

:fear:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inverted and flipped:

rm_eyes2.png

Turn the monitor upside down. What does it read?

Well, here's the image turned upside down - interesting idea, but I don't see any real words or anything. I remember doing that as a kid, spelling out things like 'boobies' on a calculator held upside down.

rm_eyes2.png

http://barneum.com/twoism/viewtopic.php?t=...r=asc&start=304

Hello everybody,

I'm glad I found this site. Well, here's what I know: There is some kind of event happening next week - I have a friend who is working with another guy who works with Boards, he works mainly as a TV&film editor here in Glasgow. They've been hiring generators and PA and sourcing other interesting stuff (20m lengths of gauze?!!?) for the past couple of weeks and according to what he said it definitely seems to be some sort of outdoor gig. He doesn't know yet where it is. The 'hexagon sun' guy has been very evasive when asked last week, but that the location was going to be announced this week. (is it coordinates in the code pictures?) I actually got the impression it was happening around Glasgow but I might be wrong. I don't think this is a huge festival sized event. In fact I think it sounds like there's no permission, it sounds illegal.. My friend received a photgraphic card with eyes a bit like the pictures on their site. and although its an invitation it sounds like he was encouraged to bring friends. I don't know any more - whose playing or what - but I'm thinking of going obviously. I'll post here tomorrow hopefully.

:fear:

it sounds to me like someone is fucking with the good folks over at twoism.

it sounds to me like someone is fucking with the good folks over at twoism.

Damn, why is everyone so grumpy and suspicious these days? I'm ashamed of some of my fellow BoC fans for not being more excited about this whole treasure hunt.

As to that posting, it sounds legitimate to me. The overall tone, and the little details make it convincing for me. And I'm a very skeptical person.

Look, obviously there is going to be an event. If you doubt that, you're just a hopeless case.

Guest Archrival

Im excited im telling you :grin: this will maybe be a nice moment to see them "live" for the first time over the internet. :laughing:

Damn, why is everyone so grumpy and suspicious these days? I'm ashamed of some of my fellow BoC fans for not being more excited about this whole treasure hunt.

As to that posting, it sounds legitimate to me. The overall tone, and the little details make it convincing for me. And I'm a very skeptical person.

Look, obviously there is going to be an event. If you doubt that, you're just a hopeless case.

it actually wasn't the content that i found suspicious, it was the "i'm glad i found this site, here's what i know" comment, as if this person had heard some things and thought, "there must be some sort of forum where boc-heads are sitting 'round racking their brains about this thing-I CAN HELP!". did he/she really just find twoism? that seems unlikely. and i seem to recall someone from watmm creating an account over there to add fuel to the "boc are evil 666" thread, or whatever it was called. i'm not one who frowns on the speculation and "treasure hunt" aspect of all this, i enjoy it. i feel like we're being given a glimpse into the hex-sun life. something about that post just struck me.

yeah, it's obvious something is going to happen, i agree with you there. i hope whatever event takes place is documented.

it actually wasn't the content that i found suspicious, it was the "i'm glad i found this site, here's what i know" comment, as if this person had heard some things and thought, "there must be some sort of forum where boc-heads are sitting 'round racking their brains about this thing-I CAN HELP!". did he/she really just find twoism? that seems unlikely. and i seem to recall someone from watmm creating an account over there to add fuel to the "boc are evil 666" thread, or whatever it was called. i'm not one who frowns on the speculation and "treasure hunt" aspect of all this, i enjoy it. i feel like we're being given a glimpse into the hex-sun life. something about that post just struck me.

yeah, it's obvious something is going to happen, i agree with you there. i hope whatever event takes place is documented.

Fair enough, I agree with your reading of the motivation for the first line. It seems like the guy does want to get credit for being the bearer of good news - so much the better for us!

The things that make me think it's legit:

- "They've been hiring generators and PA and sourcing other interesting stuff (20m lengths of gauze?!!?) for the past couple of weeks"

If the post was invented, I wouldn't expect this sort of left-field detail. Of course you'd want to put in some specifics to make it sound plausible, but gauze?

"but that the location was going to be announced this week." If you're stringing people along, why add something that will enable people to know whether your telling the truth within the next couple of days?

-"My friend received a photgraphic card with eyes a bit like the pictures on their site."

Wouldn't it be more "convincing" to say a card that looked just like the eyes from the site?

"and although its an invitation it sounds like he was encouraged to bring friends. "

I would expect if the post were bullshit that the person would try to hype up the "it's a super-secret close hexagon-sun buddies only type of affair - but we could crash it!" Saying he was encouraged to bring friends is the opposite of what I'd expect.

I'm not saying it couldn't be a wind-up post, only that if it is, it's rather cleverly and subtly constructed. I get the feeling it's legit, though it could be somewhat inaccurate due to the "friend of a friend" nature of these sorts of things.

The things that make me think it's legit:

- "They've been hiring generators and PA and sourcing other interesting stuff (20m lengths of gauze?!!?) for the past couple of weeks"

If the post was invented, I wouldn't expect this sort of left-field detail. Of course you'd want to put in some specifics to make it sound plausible, but gauze?

"but that the location was going to be announced this week." If you're stringing people along, why add something that will enable people to know whether your telling the truth within the next couple of days?

-"My friend received a photgraphic card with eyes a bit like the pictures on their site."

Wouldn't it be more "convincing" to say a card that looked just like the eyes from the site?

"and although its an invitation it sounds like he was encouraged to bring friends. "

I would expect if the post were bullshit that the person would try to hype up the "it's a super-secret close hexagon-sun buddies only type of affair - but we could crash it!" Saying he was encouraged to bring friends is the opposite of what I'd expect.

I'm not saying it couldn't be a wind-up post, only that if it is, it's rather cleverly and subtly constructed. I get the feeling it's legit, though it could be somewhat inaccurate due to the "friend of a friend" nature of these sorts of things.

all good points. i must admit, my blood was racing a bit while reading the post. this could be an interesting week!

Guest greenbank

pfffff! you guys! there is a free party in the edinburgh neighbourhood this weekend and no doubt one around here on the 10th too but its nothing boards related.

pfffff! you guys! there is a free party in the edinburgh neighbourhood this weekend and no doubt one around here on the 10th too but its nothing boards related.

Because you know everything.

i'm gutted already - whatever's going to happen it's doubtless i'll find out about it the day after.

in fact let it be known that if clear instructions aren't given as to the location of this event at least two days before it takes place i'm never buying a boc release again - i'll just download it

wow, now with these flashy eyes, i'd say that at this point

a. there is more garbled letters and numbers with which boc fans will spend their summer days until the tenth

and less certain,

b. boc might actually be playing a show and don't mind internet weirdies coming as long as they decode the secret!! omg davinci

c. they are taking further piss after realizing how much commotion this has caused

all in all, whaaaaaaaaaaaatever. you guys enjoy your show in the forest, warp just sent me hundreds of boc stickers and posters as parting gifts in this silly game

in fact let it be known that if clear instructions aren't given as to the location of this event at least two days before it takes place i'm never buying a boc release again - i'll just download it

I'm guessing they will be. But even if not, surely you can understand their reason for secrecy. Have you ever been to an illegal rave? Usually you have to call a number the evening of the event to get location information.

If in fact they won't have a permit for this gig, the later they let the cat out of the bag, the better the chance they won't have cops showing up before they even make it onstage.

Guest -Ad-

I quite like this Shithouse stuff. Int bad. Also, this whole secret treasure hunt thing is fucking funny. I like it. Dunno if I can be arsed to trek from London to Edinburgh though to be honest. Its a big ol drive fer sure. But amusing nonetheless. :laughing:

Edit: If shithouse is BoC's infamous other "accoustic" work then that'd also be genius. :)

I quite like this Shithouse stuff. Int bad. Also, this whole secret treasure hunt thing is fucking funny. I like it. Dunno if I can be arsed to trek from London to Edinburgh though to be honest. Its a big ol drive fer sure. But amusing nonetheless. :laughing:

i would be game for going, but its a 4 hour drive from liverpool - plus where would i stay? will there be any booze available? too many unknown random elements, i'll probably stay in and watch strictly dance fever

Guest felttipen

youll probably go, and theyll play weird music and all walk around u in cirles. then fuck u in the arse. it always happens. its so cliche.

Guest Archrival
youll probably go, and theyll play weird music and all walk around u in cirles. then fuck u in the arse. it always happens. its so cliche.

Hahahahahah!!!! excellent! :ok:

as long as someone makes a video recording which doesn't compromise the audio quality of this show, i'll be extremely happy

fixt.

even more fixt.

lol, this thread is rediculous. Anyways. The eyes may be a clue to some sort of stereo image type illusion? Or am I nuts. I cant really be the one to figure this out. Nevermind, don't even live anywhere near.

Archived